61 replies to this topic

#1 seph

seph

Ciderhead

• Paid Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3,383 posts

Posted 04 December 2003 - 06:12 PM

(with sincere apologies to Sym and -natch- Lister, but Caption contests are overused. Let's flex our PS/PSP muscles!)Posted ImageJust draw up either a speech bubble or a "newsbar" saying something funny. Best ones get some kudos :DEDIT: too many of these are being lost to the ravages of expired image accounts :(

Edited by sephjnr, 08 July 2004 - 11:28 AM.

No Lead Is Safe. Doesn't matter what you do or how well you're doing it, no lead is safe. Don't ever forget that.

Sephjnr's Second And Even More Disappointing Blog (Updated 15/02/12)

#2 MackemMan

MackemMan

Mollymaniac

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,610 posts

Posted 04 December 2003 - 06:21 PM

Posted Image
Posted Image
Wrestling's Sinking Ship - available right now from the website, Amazon, Play, and wherever books are sold!
Ringside Live with Ian Hamilton and Adam Firestorm - every Friday at midnight (UK time) - listen live or grab the archives!
1Sunderland.com

#3 MackemMan

MackemMan

Mollymaniac

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,610 posts

Posted 04 December 2003 - 06:26 PM

Posted ImageThis one from AJ...
Posted Image
Wrestling's Sinking Ship - available right now from the website, Amazon, Play, and wherever books are sold!
Ringside Live with Ian Hamilton and Adam Firestorm - every Friday at midnight (UK time) - listen live or grab the archives!
1Sunderland.com

#4 seph

seph

Ciderhead

• Paid Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3,383 posts

Posted 04 December 2003 - 06:30 PM

Posted Image

Edited by sephjnr, 08 February 2004 - 01:27 AM.

No Lead Is Safe. Doesn't matter what you do or how well you're doing it, no lead is safe. Don't ever forget that.

#5 Chaka Demus

Chaka Demus

European Champion

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4,167 posts

Posted 04 December 2003 - 06:32 PM

Posted ImageThis one from AJ...

Legit laughed my ass off at that :p I love these threads.
Posted Image

#6 JFFC

JFFC

No. 1 Contender

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,245 posts

Posted 04 December 2003 - 06:36 PM

psh.... Thats the only joke I had thought of gone :(

#7 seph

seph

Ciderhead

• Paid Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3,383 posts

Posted 04 December 2003 - 06:41 PM

Posted Image

Edited by sephjnr, 08 February 2004 - 01:27 AM.

#8 johnnyboy

johnnyboy

European Champion

• Paid Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4,878 posts

Posted 04 December 2003 - 06:48 PM

Posted Image
NFL Fantasy League Champion 2007 NFL Fantasy League Champion 2008 NFL Fantasy League Champion 2009 NFL Predictions League Champion 2008

#9 JNLister

JNLister

Main Eventer

• Paid Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 11,518 posts

Posted 04 December 2003 - 06:50 PM

One of the winners was kitchen firm SMEG. No interviewers picked up on the potential gag :-(
New: Pro Wrestling Books Blog - A-Z list of reviews at http://www.prowrestl....com/reviews-z/

My books (Turning The Tables: The Story of Extreme Championship Wrestling, Greetings Grapple Fans and Slamthology) at Amazon.

My professional site: John Lister Writing

#10 simon needle

simon needle

European Champion

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,046 posts

Posted 04 December 2003 - 06:52 PM

egon spengler is back baby!!!hope all this is taken in good humour
"Now 'indie' just means guitar pop bands that want to sell as many records as they can and when the NME starts shouting about LaLa PooPants or Noncepockets being the saviours of rock you have to take it with an unhealthily large pinch of salt." - Adam Buxton

#11 Guest_Tidus_*

Guest_Tidus_*
  • Guests

Posted 04 December 2003 - 07:04 PM

Posted Image

:laugh: Winner!

#12 seph

seph

Ciderhead

• Paid Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3,383 posts

Posted 04 December 2003 - 07:11 PM

**crap joke alert**Posted Image

Edited by sephjnr, 08 February 2004 - 01:28 AM.

#13 Guest_Tidus_*

Guest_Tidus_*
  • Guests

Posted 04 December 2003 - 07:15 PM

How do you guys get the original text to go away without losing the background? Some of yours has just gone over it but the yellow to orange to blue bit beneath it stayed the same, I don't know how to do that on PSP.. :(

#14 johnnyboy

johnnyboy

European Champion

• Paid Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4,878 posts

Posted 04 December 2003 - 07:20 PM

How do you guys get the original text to go away without losing the background? Some of yours has just gone over it but the yellow to orange to blue bit beneath it stayed the same, I don't know how to do that on PSP.. :(

Use the clone brush. Zoom in close and set the brush small and clone the gap between the lettering and just brush over it.
NFL Fantasy League Champion 2007 NFL Fantasy League Champion 2008 NFL Fantasy League Champion 2009 NFL Predictions League Champion 2008

#15 seph

seph

Ciderhead

• Paid Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3,383 posts

Posted 04 December 2003 - 07:21 PM

you can't really lose the text without wiping the background off. Firstly wipe the text away, then use the dropper on the background colour, and airbrush it back in changing it as you go. It looks scruffy, so use the paint tool (on 1pt setting) to tidy it up. It's bloody hard to do that, but for an amateur (no offence) it's the only real way.