Chris Benoit dead

Scorpion_Deathlock

From the new F4W:

John Cena also did a bunch of shows Tuesday and also claimed testosterone and anabolic steroids are two different things. It should be noted that Cena is very specific when claiming he's clean, always insisting that he's never taken "anabolics".

Yeah, no wonder they are annoyed.

"This is not a steroid issue. That horse needs to be put in the barn and unsaddled. This was a domestic issue. There's a lot of other criteria that has to be involved in it. I still can't believe it even happened. It's a domestic issue, but more than anything it's a tragedy. This is not a steroid issue. It's a mother and little boy, (they) are dead and that's the bottom line as far as I'm concerned"

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh: JR actually uses the same farm animal references and catchphrases in real life (even when addressing members of the mainstream media outside a funeral) as he does on commentary. I'm surprised he didn't throw a one-liner about Benoit being "as crazy as a pet coon" somewhere in there as well.

Also wearing the black hat, he was alleged to have hated, when first informed of his WWF 'gimmick'. Maybe it is one of these things he has grown to enjoy. I have seen him wearing it within airports. However, wearing something that is closely identified to his wrestling persona at a funeral of a former wrestling personality and her son (and under the circumstances) gives people the ideas they obviously currently have. JR was there as a WWE employee first and foremost.

That quote from Lister (and the one a couple of pages back) sum it up nicely. My favourite one-liner so far was Konnan on his second appearance (of three so far) on Nancy Grace where he responeded to something a Defense Attorney had said about the reasons wrestlers use steriods with "I do want to make a comment to that one guy with the beard: I don

• Paid Members

Also wearing the black hat, he was alleged to have hated, when first informed of his WWF 'gimmick'. Maybe it is one of these things he has grown to enjoy. I have seen him wearing it within airports. However, wearing something that is closely identified to his wrestling persona at a funeral of a former wrestling personality and her son (and under the circumstances) gives people the ideas they obviously currently have. JR was there as a WWE employee first and foremost.

Of course the fact that he knew the family so well could have nothing to do with him actually wanting to attend their funeral. If the family wanted to keep it to just family and what they considered to be close friends then fair enough, there was obviously a misunderstanding, otherwise JR wouldn't have been there. But for them to actually be angry at his presance, I just don't get that. Nor do I see a problem with the black hat, it's not uncommon for people to wear hats at funerals, not as if he turned up wearing a Cena Chain gang cap. The press thing, well, he probably could have said it wasn't appropriate to talk at the time and moved on, but he didn't, I wouldn't have thought it was a big thing though.

Of course the fact that he knew the family so well could have nothing to do with him actually wanting to attend their funeral. If the family wanted to keep it to just family and what they considered to be close friends then fair enough, there was obviously a misunderstanding, otherwise JR wouldn't have been there. But for them to actually be angry at his presance, I just don't get that. Nor do I see a problem with the black hat, it's not uncommon for people to wear hats at funerals, not as if he turned up wearing a Cena Chain gang cap. The press thing, well, he probably could have said it wasn't appropriate to talk at the time and moved on, but he didn't, I wouldn't have thought it was a big thing though.
None of us know how close JR is to the family. If they are annoyed then they are annoyed. We don't know the reasons behind it so it could be to do with anything. A colourful entrance?? That would annoy anyone's family at a Funeral. Also my point about his hat was that it is his trademark, his gimmick. A touch insensitive.

• Paid Members

None of us know how close JR is to the family. If they are annoyed then they are annoyed. We don't know the reasons behind it so it could be to do with anything. A colourful entrance?? That would annoy anyone's family at a Funeral. Also my point about his hat was that it is his trademark, his gimmick. A touch insensitive.
Yes, but it's also something he wore away from the ring, therefore is not just a gimmick but part of him.

Granted it's a bit wrong, but couldn't help but laughTo the tune of Fresh Prince of Bel Air Now this is the story all about how My life got flipped-turned upside down And I'd like to take a minute to talk off-stage And tell you how I became the victim of a thing called roid-rage. In the pro wrestling industry, born and raised, Choking other men is how I spent most of my days. Headbuttin', cross-facin', as a technical king, All while shootin' some steroids outside of the ring. When I got an iPhone, I was up to no good. Skipped a match and flew back to my neighborhood. I took one too many roids, my wife gasped for breath, I said "Stop moving your little ass while I choke you to death!" I whistled for my son and when he came near, He still had "Fragile-X" and the physique of a queer. If anything I could say that this kid was rare, But I thought "Nah, forget it" and deprived him of air! I went down to the gym around 7 or 8, And I yelled to myself "Yo Chris, smell ya latah!" Hung myself to death, at a very young age, Now I'm burning in hell, all because of roid-rage.

My favourite one-liner so far was Konnan on his second appearance (of three so far) on Nancy Grace where he responeded to something a Defense Attorney had said about the reasons wrestlers use steriods with "I do want to make a comment to that one guy with the beard: I don

Yes, but it's also something he wore away from the ring, therefore is not just a gimmick but part of him.
Might be hard to answer but did JR ever wear the hat (on air anyway) before Vince forced it on him?