Chris Benoit dead

Scorpion_Deathlock

• Paid Members

Vince will protect his company first before anything. That is why I'm a little surprised he isn't taking a week off at the very least and not having the ECW/Smackdown show tonight go ahead.

He has a responsibility to broadcasters to provide a certain amount of original TV, so just dropping tapings like that isn't so easy. I was suprised they did it, I can only assume no one was up to it.EDIT: Regarding the Vince memorial, before everyone get's up in arms, it's not that they've replaced Benoit, with Vince, it's just that they've rolled back to page to before the update, back to when Raw was still to be a memorial to Vince. It means very little. Edited by EWWChris

As bad as all this is i really hope they dont erase Benoit from all memory. As bad as what it is that he's done he has achieved so much and he was a great wrestler and has touched alot of people's lives. I for one hope WWE dont abandoned his memory and legacy as a performer.They dont have to mention him again on TV or PPV but to remove his name from DVDs and remove his merchandise seems very childish and desperate in order to protect themselves.

If your a public company selling a murderers merchandise that's not going to sit very well, they have to do this.
HIS merchandise would be fine to remove, if he's done this but to remove stuff like Wrestlemania XX would be rediculous.

Sorry if this has been posted but it's hard to keep track of this thread.

TMZ has learned more about the deaths of WWE wrestling superstar Chris Benoit, his wife and son -- and the information is extremely disturbing.Several Atlanta-based law enforcement sources have told TMZ prior to confirmation from the coroner's office, initial reports say that Benoit strangled his wife on Saturday, then smothered his son in his bed a day later. According to sources, Benoit then hanged himself in a weight room inside the family home.A police investigation is ongoing.

Edited by GIB

Vince will protect his company first before anything. That is why I'm a little surprised he isn't taking a week off at the very least and not having the ECW/Smackdown show tonight go ahead.

He has a responsibility to broadcasters to provide a certain amount of original TV, so just dropping tapings like that isn't so easy. I was suprised they did it, I can only assume no one was up to it.EDIT: Regarding the Vince memorial, before everyone get's up in arms, it's not that they've replaced Benoit, with Vince, it's just that they've rolled back to page to before the update, back to when Raw was still to be a memorial to Vince. It means very little.
Now would be a good time to dip into that extensive video library though. I'm sure they would get away with filling one episode of Smackdown as a 'Best of.....' and actually putting the best matches on it.