The Song Of The Day Thread

Mr. Seven

Certainly shall.I love Postal Service and think Give Up is an exceptional album with so many great tunes on it, here's a selection...The Postal Service - Such Great HeightsThe Postal Service - Sleeping InThe Postal Service - We Will Become Silhouettesalso as a bonus treat here's a couple of covers...Iron and Wine - Such Great HeightsThe Shins - We Will Become Silhouettes

Gratzi. I'm liking those other PS tracks, reminds me a bit of Dirty Vegas and Leftfield with vocals. I'm sure it reminds me of someone else as well but I can't for the life of me remember who it is. Still not sure which version of Such Great Heights I like better. It used to be the Iron and Wine one all the way but after hearing it all the time on that advert I got a bit bored of it.I'll have to have a think tonight and stick something else up tomorrow.

Certainly shall.I love Postal Service and think Give Up is an exceptional album with so many great tunes on it, here's a selection...The Postal Service - Such Great HeightsThe Postal Service - Sleeping InThe Postal Service - We Will Become Silhouettesalso as a bonus treat here's a couple of covers...Iron and Wine - Such Great HeightsThe Shins - We Will Become Silhouettes

And there was me thinking the Postal Service's version was a cover of Iron & Wine!Seeing as the last songs I posted here went down so well (ehem) here are some from the, let's say, New Faces Of Classic Rock collectionThe Answer - Under The Sky (iTunes required)The Answer - Memphis Water (iTunes required)The Answer - Preachin' (iTunes required)Black Stone Cherry - Hell And High WaterBlack Stone Cherry - Rollin' On (iTunes required)Rose Hill Drive - The Guru (iTunes required)Rose Hill Drive - Man On Fire (iTunes required)
Love the songs! Cheers!

Cheers for The Pretender, saved me 79p there.

Right, fingers crossed i've got the right files here as they aren't labeled in my itunes folder having been ripped before my internet started working again and thus lacked proper track information.

Nine Black Alps - Not Everyone

My favourite band of recent times. Sound relatively Nirvana-esq grungy.

Taylor hawkins & The Coattailriders - Louise

Drummer from the Foo's side project. Foo's sound is still there but it also has a bit more jam session style sound in many of the tracks.

Hurricane #1 - Step Into My World

In honour of the football tonight some old school match of the day music.

Recently I've been listening to Alkaline Trio obsessively, and I'm not really sure why. They've been about 90% of my listening for the last couple of weeks, and I'm still listening to them a lot. This is one of my favourite songs by them, and one that I've been listening to most. It's from Goddamnit, which is probably my favourite album of theirs:

Alkaline Trio - Message From Kathlene