Best Babyface of 2006

tiger_rick

The Best Babyface of 2006?  

116 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Tough one. I have a really bad feeling people are going to vote for either their favourites (like CaptainCharisma there) or who they think is the best wrestler. At the beginning of 2006, Batista had fans crying when he surrendered the belt, and he's probably the most over guy on Smackdown. Despite the fact that he's been awful since his comeback, he's consistently mega-over with the fans. They love him. Benoit is always over, but I wouldn't nominate him for this award.I don't watch ROH so I can't comment on Cabana.Punk is an interesting one. I'd argue that the people who chant for him now are by and large, pre-existing fans, and with the exception of his debut (with one of the bigger smark crowds of the year) and at Survivor Series, he hasn't done a hell of a lot to warrant this award. Still, one to watch certainly.As recently as the original nominations for this award in the Paid Members section, I was dismissing any votes I saw for Cena. However, last night it hit me. He's improved. A lot. And the majority have accepted him. He was very much the fan favourite last night, and has been recently. He's getting better but still has a lot of things to add to and cut out of his arsenal, but 2007 is starting better for him than 2006 did. Angle? Er, no. Mysterio definitely deserves a shout. He was murdered by horrendous booking but many still cheered for him. Sadly, he may have lost a lot of fans due to his Eddie-related push. Michaels is always a frontrunner for this award. Even working hurt for most of the year, he's had the crowd eating out of the palm of his hand, but he's not my choice.Sting. No. Triple H. Well, he's not the winner here, but he certainly deserves to be on the list. I guess it's between Cena and Batista, and I think I have to go with Cena. Compare last night's crowd to the crowd at New Year's Revolution last year, and it's like he's a different guy.

• Awards Moderator

Sevenarino's nailed it for me. Has someone done a better job of pulling the crowd onto their side? Possibly, but I bet they didn't face the uphill struggle that Cena did in the last year. Impressive stuff.

Tough one. I have a really bad feeling people are going to vote for either their favourites (like CaptainCharisma there) or who they think is the best wrestler.

Benoit Mark.Voted for Cena.For most of the reasons you put down, limted guy, doing the best he can with the position he's been forced into.Batista has really dissapointed me on his comeback, combination of limited moves and bad opponent picking, I got so bored of seeing him in there with Booker, so let's do tag team matches with him and Batista instead. Wonderful.I don't care about Smackdown. Benoit and Chavo have been having the same match for 6 months, so have Batista and Booker. I don't even bother Sky+'ing it half the time I catch the replay if it's on and I'm doing nothing. Depressing.