Off-Topic Questions Thread - closed. Open new threads for specific questions please.

KRS

• Replies 10.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

So I was right then :D

Nope.

:duh: I was. It's a rap thing.

It isn't. It is a garage thng, garage isn't rap.

Forgive me sir.

Anyway, the urban dictionary, its fourth definition made me laugh quite a bit.

Brap Word commonly used in Hip Hop music during the 90's, most notably by American Underground/Indie hip hop artists, signifying gun shot/use of gun etc.

As well as this, it was used by bikers in the 80's as reference to the sound of their engines.

Now most notably used in the UK by chavs who get to excited by anything and everything.

1 - If you ever think of tryna play me then blam, brap brap

2 - this engine is one hell of a mother, braaaaaaaaaaap

3 - init bruv, brap!!

A few of you know about my shit Xbox connection, it just seems to be getting worse. God forbid I have my laptop and the Xbox on at the same time, there's just no chance of it working.

I contacted Be* about this and they said to change the wireless router channel number. however as best i can work out, I can only change the one channel. Surely it can't be this, as everything else is fine except the Xbox.

If I could change the Xbox channel that would be a different thing...

they're talking bollocks.

they're throttling you because some 360 games use a P2P connection, and they can't be arsed to check if it's a game or a torrent, so they choke you.

Any advise?

There's not a lot you can do TBH.

You CAN bitch at their call cantre, but they don't give a fuck and won't do anything, the only method that seems to work is lay off the torrents for a few weeks, and watch your live speed rocket.

• Awards Moderator

Is there a way to use AVI video files on the iMovie application on a Mac? I've been sent some clips I want to use in a video I'm making, but when I try to play them all I get is the sound - no picture. Am I going to have to resort to using Windows Movie Maker on another computer or is there a way round that'll allow me to edit them on the Apple?

Is there a way to use AVI video files on the iMovie application on a Mac? I've been sent some clips I want to use in a video I'm making, but when I try to play them all I get is the sound - no picture. Am I going to have to resort to using Windows Movie Maker on another computer or is there a way round that'll allow me to edit them on the Apple?

Try converting them to MP4 and seeing if iMovie will let you edit them.

Just download a video converter, I use WinAvi MP4 Converter and it does the trick. I'm not sure about compatibility with Macs, but it's worth a shot.

Archived