Off-Topic Questions Thread - closed. Open new threads for specific questions please.

KRS

Does any one know how to fix a Megadrive Game Pad? My one works fine but im having trouble with the B and C buttons as they seem to have to be pressed down hard for the button to work.

Yeah! You can try and and unscrew the pad and then clean the connections with a damp unabrasive cloth then dry with some tissue or non abrasive tea towel

What tends to happen is over time bits of rubber from the pad and dust and whatever builds up where your pressing the button as a result the connection becomes loose and the button will not connect the circuit to show its been pressed.

Removing the build up of crud should sort it.

If its not that either the PCB has become damaged you have a loose connection somewhere between the pad and the port, or there is a loose connection in the port on the megadrive

• Replies 10.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Was after a bit of help here on a film. Saw it last year on UK tv and havent a clue what the film was called.

This guy was going on a plane to travel to a state and when he arrives he asks this girl if she got a cigarette which she gives him. When he later meets her occasionally they get chatting and he ends up sleeping together. Upon time as he leaves hes torn whether to go with the girl or to stay with his girlfriend/wife at home after making several trips to the states.

Didnt catch the end of the film so if anyone knows what the film was called that would be helpful. It looked a recent film from the past 5 years I think and sure the girl had red hair alough i cant be sure. Any ideas?

Been a month so will try again...

Heard a snippet of a song while watching Goals On Sunday and want to hear the rest. Sounded like Foo Fighters but don't think it was. Lyrics went 'Things aren't quite the same this time around, you can't take that away. If you wanna hear this song, if you wanna hear this song you just call out on me.'

Been a month so will try again...

Heard a snippet of a song while watching Goals On Sunday and want to hear the rest. Sounded like Foo Fighters but don't think it was. Lyrics went 'Things aren't quite the same this time around, you can't take that away. If you wanna hear this song, if you wanna hear this song you just call out on me.'

Is it not

Times Like These- Foo Fighters

• Paid Members
say you had a bit of music that is 3:08 but you only want from 1:00 in to the 3:00 mark. how would you do it.

basically crop music

You can do this in i tunes if you go to get info then go to start and stop time and edit them for the times you want then go to advanced and create an aac version of the song which will only contain the bits between the start and stop marks, you can use this to create i phone ringtones if you update the m4r to m4a at the end and is less than 30 sec's it is a good idea to go back to get info and re-edit this afterwards there are also free programs that let you do this which I have used something by the name Gold-something but cannot remember the exact program at the moment.

You could do that using Sound Recorder. It is then converting the WAV output to MP3 that you need to deal with.

And no, it is not that. It wasn't the Foos, I am fairly certain of that... if anything it sounded like Grant from Feeder doing the vocals.

• Paid Members

What is the music on the current ad on Comedy Central for The Office series 4 where the theme is office relationships? One of the voices sounds a little like MGMT but I don't think its them.

My sky+ planner tells me I have 80% free space, when I've only got say an episode of American Dad saved. Clearly this is not 20%, more like just 2 or 3. Is there invisible stuff lurking or am I being dense?

My sky+ planner tells me I have 80% free space, when I've only got say an episode of American Dad saved. Clearly this is not 20%, more like just 2 or 3. Is there invisible stuff lurking or am I being dense?

Ah, I've had this a few times, can be an absolute cunt when your down near the end of your planner and it says you've got less than you have.

Go to services, press 4 for system setup, then 0, 1, select, then press 7 for sky+ planner rebuild. Follow the instructions and it should sort itself out.

If it doesn't, you'll need to choose option 8 for a full system reset. This is a last resort and will delete everything you've got-admittedly that isn't much at the mo, but the first option should fix it.

Archived