Off-Topic Questions Thread - closed. Open new threads for specific questions please.

KRS

• Paid Members
I've just got a new PS3 slim. Is there an easy way to transfer all the data off my old one onto the new one?

And if not, how hard is the hard way?

Cheers.

If you go on 'System Settings' (I think its called that), you'll find an option called 'Backup Utility. It then asks you whether you want to back up data or restore data. You'll need an ethernet cable going from one PS3 to the other.. and from then its just a simple transfer!

• Replies 10.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Got a dvd recorder and when I record a programme it works fine. But when I try to copy it on my pc it just registers it as a blank disc and not sure why. Ive tried watching the disc on my xbox, ps2 and another dvd player and it works fine. Dunno why it wont work on the pc. Its a phillips and even had same prob with a argos basic I bought 5 years ago.

Any help?

With one of my DVD recorders it won't play on other recorders without "finalizing" or some other silly term which essentially makes the disc read only.

Have a look around for such an option, it may be that but I will say it may not. Worth a try though.

Whenever I finish using a disc I always finalize it. I dont think it would work on my xbox if I didnt do that. Their must be some way to make it copy.

I've just got a new PS3 slim. Is there an easy way to transfer all the data off my old one onto the new one?

And if not, how hard is the hard way?

Cheers.

If you go on 'System Settings' (I think its called that), you'll find an option called 'Backup Utility. It then asks you whether you want to back up data or restore data. You'll need an ethernet cable going from one PS3 to the other.. and from then its just a simple transfer!

That sounds promising. So, can I back up my data onto an external harddrive, then restore it on the new one, rather than using a cable?

Yep. I did it using a USB key and it automatically detected it.

Apart from the one game I'm actually in the middle of playing at the moment - which is a bit of a shitter - all my other data copied over. Thanks a lot for your help.

• Paid Members
Is there a plan to do the CD swap again this year?

Yep, I'll be doing it at the start of June. Although I can't find last years thread, even from looking through the Google cache so I may forget some of the new rules that people wanted implemented last year.

• Paid Members

Apart from the one game I'm actually in the middle of playing at the moment - which is a bit of a shitter - all my other data copied over. Thanks a lot for your help.

What game was it? I had a problem with Pro Evo 2010.. it said something like 'Data not compatible'.. but I downloaded a PES update and it seemed to work.

• Paid Members
Is there a plan to do the CD swap again this year?

Yep, I'll be doing it at the start of June. Although I can't find last years thread, even from looking through the Google cache so I may forget some of the new rules that people wanted implemented last year.

Diamond, I look forward to it. :thumbsup:

What game was it? I had a problem with Pro Evo 2010.. it said something like 'Data not compatible'.. but I downloaded a PES update and it seemed to work.

Heavy Rain. Have just had to start again.

Archived