Official ROH Discussion Thread

alexander

• Paid Members

Southern Defiance Results, purloined from PWP

Mike Bennett vs. Adam Cole: Mike Bennett over Adam Cole with the side effect. Quite a hot crowd.

The Bravados Brothers vs. Los Ben Dejos: The Bravados win with an assisted roll up.

TJP vs. Jay Lethal in a Proving Ground match. Lethals wins with a handstand springboard into ace crusher in about 11 mins.

The Young Bucks vs. ANX: Bucks win with more bang for your buck. Ok match. Titus was selling the leg a ton late in the match.

Intermission

The Briscoes vs. Caprice Coleman & Cedric Alexander

The Briscoes win with the doomsday on Cedric. The Briscoes are BY FAR the biggest stars of the show thus far reaction wise.

Michael Elgin & Roderick Strong vs. WGTT in a Proving Ground match. 20-minute time limit.

WGTT win in about 17 mins. with Shelton’s leaping top rope german release on Elgin. Pretty good.

El Generico vs. Eddie Edwards: Eddie Edwards wins in about 18 mins. via submission with the half crab. Really good match.

20-man Honor Rumble: They have a horn to signify each entrant.

Jay Briscoe cleans house on the first five entrants and Caprice Coleman.

WGTT/Briscoes eliminate each other and Grizzly is left alone with a few entrants to go.

The final four is Generico, Elgin, Strong, and Lethal.

Jay Lethal eliminates Roderick Strong to win the Honor Rumble and earn a future ROH World Title shot!

The Lethal push continues. :crazy:

Apparently Kelly and Cornette did live to tape commentary

Edited by Dearly Devoted Dexter

• Paid Members

Jay lethal is getting about a bit with ROH isnt he? Maybe trying to build into the first "Grand Slam" champion? Still needs to win the Tag titles if i remeber correctly, and to be honest not sure Lethal would be a could pick for the first grand slammer.

Speaking of which, has the TV title changed hands a bit to much? I know its been active for a while now but due to the ammount of shows etc, i randomly think its changed hands a few to many times. 4+ champions so far isnt it?

Jay lethal is getting about a bit with ROH isnt he? Maybe trying to build into the first "Grand Slam" champion? Still needs to win the Tag titles if i remeber correctly, and to be honest not sure Lethal would be a could pick for the first grand slammer.

Speaking of which, has the TV title changed hands a bit to much? I know its been active for a while now but due to the ammount of shows etc, i randomly think its changed hands a few to many times. 4+ champions so far isnt it?

I would say the opposite, many of the reigns have been pretty boring because they have been so long, in essence its a second teir belt so i think a new champ every 3 or so months on average would be about right, especially for a elt that should be defended on every tv show.

• Paid Members

Fair enough, It was mainly an ROH style thing, such as many world champions having a near year long run, but then again early tag title reigns show that the belts flip flopped almost every other month or so.

Didnt get to see Edwards' reign as champ, although saw the odd Daniels match. Generico would of been a good shot for a long term champ, and although i am a fan of Lethal, i'm not sure what they'll be doing with him.

• Paid Members

Northern Aggression results from Sunday, swiped from PWP

Mike Bennett vs. TJP opens the show. Bennett wins via rollup while holding the ropes.

The Bravado Brothers vs. ANX. The Young Bucks attack ANX pre match. Titus unable to go. King vs. The Bravados. Titus makes the comeback and ANX win with the doomsday blockbuster.

Adam Cole vs. Jay Lethal in a Proving Ground match.Lethal wins with the handstand springboard ace crusher in about 13 mins. Real fun match.

The Young Bucks vs. Caprice Coleman & Cedric Alexander. Bucks win with the double team spike piledriver on Coleman.

SAMPSON vs. Andy Ridge. Ridge gets the win with a rollup out of a Sampson powerbomb attempt.

Special 2 Hour Time Limit The Briscoes, Michael Elgin, & Roderick Strong vs. WGTT, Eddie Edwards, & El Generico in an 8 man elimination match.

30 mins elapsed. No eliminations.24 minutes in and it was total pandemonium. At the 30 minute mark, the referee ordered Benjamin and Jay Briscoe into the ring or threatened that they would be disqualified. Shore

• Moderators
Like who, exactly?

They should put the boat out to get Masters in, only he wouldn't go because Cornette is a fucking titforbrains and thinks Masters is, and always was, just a bodybuilder who didn't like wrestling.