Official ROH Discussion Thread

alexander

From the ROH boards:

Ring of Honor Supercard of Honor IV - houston, tx card 4.3.09

Belltime: 9pm EST

RESULTS:

a) Alex "Sugarfoot" Payne & Andy "Right Leg" Ridge over Ninja Brown & "Dirty" Ernie Osiris

b) Grizzly Redwood & Bushwhacker Luke over Don Juan & Andy Dalton

1) Erick Stevens over Rhett "Addicted to Love" Titus

2) Sweet & Sour Inc. of Chris Hero, Eddie Edwards & Incognito over Jay Briscoe, Kevin Steen & Magno when Hero pinned Magno; good match with a ton of dives.

3) Roderick Strong over Katsuhiko Nakajima in an amazing match

4) Kamala v. Bobby Dempsey - No match, as both men beat up Shane Hagadorn.

5) Four Corner Survival Match

Claudio Castagnoli over ROH World Tag Team Champion El Generico, NWA World Champion Blue Demon Jr. and Brent Albright when he pinned Albright following a low blow.

6) "American Dragon" Bryan Danielson over Alex Koslov

7) D'Lo Brown over Colt "Boom Boom" Cabana

8) GHC Junior Heavyweight Title Match

KENTA © over Davey Richards in a great match; MOTYC

9) Jimmy Jacobs & Austin Aries over Tyler Black & The Necro Butcher when Aries pinned Tyler

10) Ring of Honor World Title Match

Jerry Lynn over Nigel McGuinness © to capture the ROH World Title after a Cradle Piledriver

Why did it have to end this way :(

I am totally gay for Nigel McGuinness in a live match atmosphere. I'll be devestated if he's not back when I go to the Manassas/NYC double shot

• Paid Members

The report on PWinsider reveals several technical issues on last nights show, including a broken top rope in the Hero and Edwards tag, and a fire alarm, yet the Strong/Nakajima and especially KENTA/Richards matches sound really great, and Lynn winning the title for a short, transitional face run is fine by me. 2005 with the six month Aries reign followed by short Punk and Gibson reigns was more than fine after the epic 21 month reign by Samoa Joe, and the post-Nigel era will be fine too.

Some of the reactions on other boards to Jerry Lynn winning the title are hilarious, you would think the world was about to come to an end the way they are going on lol. The show sounds great I really cant wait to see the KENTA/Richards and Strong/Nakajima matches and the main event was said to be great.

I really dont mind Geritol ending Nigel's reign as champion and I cant see it being a long reign anyway

• Paid Members
Since house shows in wrestling usually get good reviews what are the ROH house shows like, provided they actually have any at all.

The term "house show" is not appropriate to ROH as house shows are meaningless in the grand scheme of things, every ROH show contributes something to advancing at least some of the storylines or feuds. Yes, every show matters. Only difference is every couple of months they have a PPV or TV taping, but yeah, Supercard of Honor IV for last night was far from a house show in the traditional sense. In fact it is probably closest to SummerSlam in terms of the ROH calendar, if Final Battle or the Anniversary show is its WrestleMania.

I hope Nigel McGuinness cane return soon and win back the strap. I think Lynn with be a transitional champion and will prob drop the strap soon. American Dragon anyone?

If he signs a contract extension, maybe. Until then, no.

Methinks Tyler.

though i am not a fan of jacobs my self, i can imagine what heat he will get being the champ especially while he is fueding with tyler, it would make a good storyline and would finish in a great match

at the moment i'm happy with Lynn being champ

Not a big fan of lynn winning the title but its only because i think black would have been better however a nice face run with lynn should give us some good matches to look forward to

also on the ROH message board there is some discussion about nigel not resigning with ROH