Boxing Thread

Egg Shen

• Paid Members
Idont get why boxers dont just throw Uppercuts when they keep doing it? If someone head is going down you hit it back up..

You would need to be fast. as you would need to readjust your stance which in your new position of delivering a Uppercut youll leave yourself open for more body shots. A ducked position is relatively safe as downward blows arent allowed.

Yeah i just find that guys that duck do it all fight so if you threw a few uppercuts early on and catch them it might make them stop doing it. Mayweather did it vs Hatton, if Hatton had threw punch's that where his bread and butter in body shots then he would have been hitting Mayweather in the face instead of looking for that big shot. If you turn your back on a fighter the ref can DQ you i find ducking basicly a version of turning your back on a fighter. Nothing is wrong if you do it at a movement but if you just duck and stay there then the ref should have words.

Without a doubt. Its hard to call though, which is why so many refs let it go. Lazy reffing. (runs for cover)

100% agree mate. Lazy reffing sometimes or sometimes its just a hard job. I see it the same as football, we get loads of replays and have sometimes a better view. In big fights a outside ref watching the video feed could just have a word with the ref in the middle of rounds like a refs adviser if you would,say things like he keeps grabbing/leading with his head/etc/etc/etc if you get me

Well done to Pascal and Froch but I thought it was a lot closer than 118-110.

Agree with that completely. one of the other judges went 116-112 and that was about right I thought.

A rematch would be good to see but if Froch has any sense he should stay away from Pascal. Look for an easier fight.

Well Jermain Taylor is the number one contender so, if the fight can be made, it wouldn't surprise me if that's the next fight.

That was a grand fight. I hope Henesseys deal with ITV sees more fights of that calibre coming to terrestrial tv, and less of what Sports network brought i.e Amir Khan squashes. I feel for Pascal, he fought really hard and deserved better than 10 rounds to 2 and 9 to 3 which two of the judges gave him, though I thought Froch deserved the win.