DVD's and Films You Have Watched Recently

Guest DJM

• Replies 6.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Quesiton. I want to take my brother to see Star Trek. If I go on a wednesdaty and use the Orange Wednesdays offer can I use my Unlimited Card as the paid ticket? I've heard you can but don't want to go and look like a tool.

Quesiton. I want to take my brother to see Star Trek. If I go on a wednesdaty and use the Orange Wednesdays offer can I use my Unlimited Card as the paid ticket? I've heard you can but don't want to go and look like a tool.

normally the release companies make it that cinemas cant use the frequent viewer special cards for films

doesnt add to their box office taking figures

I have no idea to be honest, but it sounds unlikely.

The best thing to do is ask. You won't look like a tool, just a chancer :p If not it's just like your brother paying in while you use unlimited anyway.

• Paid Members
Im in love with Takashi Miike, Just watched Imprint from the masters of horror box set Season 1... pretty distrubing but in a good way :D

Incest.... Yep

Girl with Talking Hand on her head..... Yep

Blood........ Yep

Dead babys....... Yep

All Though, it kind of what i expected from the directer of Ichi The Killer..

Cracking stuff !! :thumbsup:

If you like Miike, see Visitor Q. That's the movie where Miike really shows just how much he wants to be the Japanese Tarantino, and then some. Honestly, as a movie, I have a hard time telling whether it's genius or shit, but I'm steering in the latter direction. That said, the sheer gratuitousness of it all actually makes for unintentional comedy, rather than the shock value he was clearly aiming for.

Either way, it's worth a watch; you may never want to drink milk again.

Im in love with Takashi Miike, Just watched Imprint from the masters of horror box set Season 1... pretty distrubing but in a good way :D

Incest.... Yep

Blood........ Yep

Dead babys....... Yep

If you like Miike, see Visitor Q. That's the movie where Miike really shows just how much he wants to be the Japanese Tarantino, and then some. Honestly, as a movie, I have a hard time telling whether it's genius or shit, but I'm steering in the latter direction. That said, the sheer gratuitousness of it all actually makes for unintentional comedy, rather than the shock value he was clearly aiming for.

I'll second the recommendation for Visitor Q, but I'm quite sure that it's meant to be darkly comic.

If you haven't already, check out Gozu as well.

I have no idea to be honest, but it sounds unlikely.

The best thing to do is ask. You won't look like a tool, just a chancer :p If not it's just like your brother paying in while you use unlimited anyway.

Yeah you can use your unlimited card as the paid ticket.

Incest.... Yep

Blood........ Yep

Dead babys....... Yep

I'll second the recommendation for Visitor Q, but I'm quite sure that it's meant to be darkly comic.

If you haven't already, check out Gozu as well.

Happiness of the Katikuris for me all tghe way. Ill be starting Suriyaki Western Django later on

Crank 2 - 2/10

Now the 1st time I watched Crank 1 I loved it for its non stop action, was a really good dumb action flick s I thought I'd check this out.

Oh dear I wish I never bothered cos if I'm honest this is 1 of the worst films I have seen in a long time, a couple of the fight scenes are o.k but the rest of the film is just total shite

I realise the 1st film was just a dumb no brainer film but this is just ridiculous the story and nearly every film sequence is just garbage, how this got a release to the cinema boggles my mind

Crank 2 - 2/10

Now the 1st time I watched Crank 1 I loved it for its non stop action, was a really good dumb action flick s I thought I'd check this out.

Oh dear I wish I never bothered cos if I'm honest this is 1 of the worst films I have seen in a long time, a couple of the fight scenes are o.k but the rest of the film is just total shite

I realise the 1st film was just a dumb no brainer film but this is just ridiculous the story and nearly every film sequence is just garbage, how this got a release to the cinema boggles my mind

<-- click on 'spoiler' to show/hide the spoiler

the bit at the end with the head of the enemy (I forget his name), from the old movie, in the water tank was fucking stupid too.

[close spoiler]

");document.close();

That was 1 of the dumber scenes in a god awful film Steveo, I really did think I would enjoy this like the 1st but that spoiler you posted just shows how fuckin ridiculous this film is

The only good point was Amy Smart's ass

Edited by BxB Hulk

its supposed to be ridiculous, its hardly taking itself seriously is it?

I'd probably get it if it intended to be a comedy, but to be honest, it's meant to be a high octane crazy action film.

You expect action shot in a better way considering it had the same budget. I really enjoyed the first film, it was like you said an action movie that didn't take itself seriously, but the sequel was just ridiculous.

Star Trek

Never has the term 'reboot' been so true of a movie. This really does seem to be a complete re-starting of the whole franchise. An example of 'wiping the slate clean'.

Story wise, it's standard trek fare, there's an evil power threatening the universe (and doing some real destruction this time too!) there's some jaw dropping battle scenes, plenty of bravery with sprinklings of stupidity and some jokes in for the ride. But really, I don't feel this movie is about the story, it's more about the characters and re-introducing them.

And all of them do well. Today watching Justin Lee Collins "Bring Back Star Trek" I thought I was looking at Zachary Quinto's Spock when it was actually Leonnard Nemoy... Odd but in most places that's how well it's been cast. Original Series Kirk looks like New movie Kirk. Same could not be said for Uhura but close enough. It's cast really well with the odd exception.

One of those is Simon Pegg, he just didn't quite fit for me as Scotty, he had some funny moments yes but... Well it didn't quite work.

I enjoyed it, while some of it stretches a bit too far it fits quite nicely within the Star Trek universe, but I can see it really annoying fans of the later shows because of the huge 'surprises' in it. I really don't want to give anything away but there are some really good surprises in there too.

Definately a must see if you like your Sci Fi and enjoy Star Trek, it's even good enough for those who've never seen Star Trek. If you're a HUGE Trekker nerd then see it but be ready for a few 'NOOOOO' moments.

its supposed to be ridiculous, its hardly taking itself seriously is it?

I'd probably get it if it intended to be a comedy, but to be honest, it's meant to be a high octane crazy action film.

You expect action shot in a better way considering it had the same budget. I really enjoyed the first film, it was like you said an action movie that didn't take itself seriously, but the sequel was just ridiculous.

Seriously mate, it IS intended to be a comedy. If you couldn't see that you must have problems. The first one was a bit more borderline, but this was CLEARLY intended to have its tongue firmly in cheek. I personally thought it was brilliant. I hadn't laughed so much at a film in a long time. I'm not saying its a classic or anything like that, but it delivered everything I expected in a hilarious over the top tongue in cheek style. Expect it to be a serious high octane action flick and you will not only be disapointed, but you'll also be labelled an idiot for not seeing the obvious. Expect it to be an action-comedy like it was intended to be and you'll find an enjoyable film.