WHAT PLAY YOU?

Onyx2

I felt the original Alien (in a box the size of your settee!) was far more tense:alien_(argus_press)_03.gifWandering round the ship, suddenly a crew member turns 'droid on you! Grab the cat, fry the alien or bail the ship. My favourite scenario was to leg it and leave the ship, allowing Earth to become a happy Alien brothel :)

I too remember loving that game. I tried booting up the old C64 disc quite recently, but alas, it wouldn't load.I think Aliens scared me more (and games like AVP still do) because of that damn motion tracker sound. I'm still too scared to play them with headphones in :(Whilst i'm on an Alien(s) loving trip, did anyone ever release a good Half Life 2 Aliens mod? Looking for one is a pain, as "Half Life Aliens" thrown into google doesn't help all that much.

• Replies 2.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I've just had a bit of a WiiSports sesh with my family. We've never huddled around a games console and competitively played each other, the Wii is bringing families together. Good one Nintendo.

Just started playing Animal Crossing: Wild World. 2 friends and my girlfriend have all started playing at the same time too so it's an absolute blast visiting each others villages.Never since Shenmue have I been so content with accomplishing so little in a game.So, my question is, that dimly lit DS screen is getting on my nerves so I'm grabbing a DS lite from ebay.com. Does anyone have any idea where I could get the relevant plug that would charge a US DS in a UK plug socket?The guy I'm trying to buy off said that "I could stroll into any Dixon's and ask for a US DS charger and they would know what I mean". Now, I'm not fucking dumb and know he's just after a sale but if I can pick up a DS lite for around

• 4 weeks later...
  • Awards Moderator

I recently picked up Obscure on PS2 for a song on eBay. It's basically the game version of The Faculty, and two players to boot. Every time you turn a corner... JUMP!

Good silly fun.

Guest Dangerous Dave

If you get Vista there are some built in games called " Purble Place." I'm hooked on one where you have to make cakes on a converyor belt. I'm getting good at it- my best rank so far is Master Baker. The pairs game is good too.

• Admin

I've mostly been getting my arse handed to me on Rainbow Six: Vegas on live, as I just got an Xbox 360 Elite for my Birthday.I also have Bioshock to play but I haven't started it yet. And am just about to download Worms: Open Warfare 2 for the NDS, which after the absolute pile of shit that the original was (asbolutely shocking rushed, glitchy mess of a game), it has a lot of making up to do. The previews look good though, vastly improved graphics and an online mode which is brilliant. The DS control system should suit Worms perfectly if done properly and I can see that occupying a lot of spare time if it's done right.

I recently bought Fahrenheit. Top quality game but I managed to complete it in 2 days. Shame it was so easy because it really is a quality title. Recommend it for anyone if you see it cheap as a one off play but don't expect to keep going back to it.Now just anxiously waiting for Resi 5, GTA IV & the new FM.

What did you think of the final 3rd of Fahrenheit? It is quite a bone of contention on here.Downloaded Warhawk last night on the PS3, great fun! I hadn't been following this one too closely so didn't know you could drive trucks and tanks as well as the Warhawk fighter jets. I must have freaked out the folk I was playing online the first time I flew the Warhawk, I was all over the place.

What did you think of the final 3rd of Fahrenheit? It is quite a bone of contention on here.Downloaded Warhawk last night on the PS3, great fun! I hadn't been following this one too closely so didn't know you could drive trucks and tanks as well as the Warhawk fighter jets. I must have freaked out the folk I was playing online the first time I flew the Warhawk, I was all over the place.

I stopped playing Fahrenheit after about 5 hours gameplay. I found the gameplay tasks so boring. It's been a while since I played it but I remember:1. Looking for a book in a library.2. Looking for files in a ridiculous room.3. Just responding to on screen prompts to fight monsters.It had my attention at the start and maybe I should go back to it but if the game gets worse as it progresses then I don't think I'll bother!