WHAT PLAY YOU?

Onyx2

• Replies 2.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest Red Devil

I'll never undersatnd why they sell machine's without games. Aside from the obvious money thing. Just seem's to make more sense for the machine to come with a game. Even if it's not AAA standard. At that price I will definetly get one. Will be annoyed of I am forced to fork out for a game aswell.I'd rather a second controller be my first purchase.

If the console only came bundled with game A, B, or C, none of which I wanted, and I was always intending to buy game D on launch, then I'd be annoyed at being forced to pay an increased price for the benefit of a shiny coaster.
Bundles with a certain game = bad, bundles with any game = good. In the US, games are expected to be $50 max so over here it'll probably be

I'll never undersatnd why they sell machine's without games. Aside from the obvious money thing. Just seem's to make more sense for the machine to come with a game. Even if it's not AAA standard. At that price I will definetly get one. Will be annoyed of I am forced to fork out for a game aswell.I'd rather a second controller be my first purchase.

If the console only came bundled with game A, B, or C, none of which I wanted, and I was always intending to buy game D on launch, then I'd be annoyed at being forced to pay an increased price for the benefit of a shiny coaster.
Bundles with a certain game = bad, bundles with any game = good. In the US, games are expected to be $50 max so over here it'll probably be

Also, I'm still unsure how the whole controller thing works, does it make games just normal and playable and whatnot, has anyone had a go on one?

I haven't used one, but I understand that there are several control configurations - some games may require a certain one, others may give you a choice.One configuration has you controlling everything with the wand/remote-like device, interacting with the game entirely by motion sensoring. Another set-up has you plugging a thumbstick at the end of a cable onto the wand, so that you can control movement with one hand and participate in motion-sensored activities with the other. Alternatively, another method is to turn the controller lengthwise or slot it into a more traditionally shaped frame, and use it exactly like a standard joypad, with little or no motion sensoring involved at all.Make any sense?

You will be paying for the majority of the configurations, though some company is bundling an add on with thier new driving game that makes the remote a steering wheel.The money is in peripherals, Sony must be crying that they are not selling memory cards for the PS3.

Edited by mitch_online_uk

Configurations, as a word, sounds far more complicated than it is. Wearing a baseball cap with the peak to the front, to the back, or at a daring angle, are all configurations - but most people can get to grips with that.

But, you know when you teach a friend how to play a game (A is for pass, press that one to run, hold that and press that and you can do that) etc, well, it will just get a bit complicated when you have to teach them all again for every game. With a new controller setup. And a new gizmo widget thingameebob.

Configurations, as a word, sounds far more complicated than it is. Wearing a baseball cap with the peak to the front, to the back, or at a daring angle, are all configurations - but most people can get to grips with that.

But, you know when you teach a friend how to play a game (A is for pass, press that one to run, hold that and press that and you can do that) etc, well, it will just get a bit complicated when you have to teach them all again for every game. With a new controller setup. And a new gizmo widget thingameebob.
Maybe in terms of deprogramming, but in its own right the concept of swinging something in your hand in order to swing a sword on the screen is a lot more intuitive and easier to grasp than pressing a combination of buttons.

Maybe in terms of deprogramming, but in its own right the concept of swinging something in your hand in order to swing a sword on the screen is a lot more intuitive and easier to grasp than pressing a combination of buttons.
I put something similar to that, but deleted it. I suppose with Wii Sports just swinging a golf club or whatnot is rather simple. For most.

• 4 weeks later...
  • Paid Members

After reading the reviews of people on here and some other websites, I decided to get Resident Evil 4. It seriously is one of the best games I've played!. Everytime an enemy comes out you literally feel goosebumps (what with the music thats also played). I've only played about 3 hours aswell!.. Great great game.Has anyone played The Godfather?... what are your thoughts on it?

Right, I bought a MMORPG today. City of Heroes/Villains double pack. See, Warcraft-esque orcs and goblins and fairies don't excite me at all. Creating ridiculous super heroes and having them rescue random people from falling masonry and angry supervillains though, does. Only I can't connect. Whatever server I try, I have horrible connection problems. You've got to register for a million billion little things before it starts, which took me forever, and now I can't even create Captain Moj, leader of the Cancer Patrol :angry:

Hardcore gamers will find the Wii a bit more difficult to get into that most but thats not who Nintendo are aiming for, for the casual gamers of a certain age and awful lot of Wii games will seem as natural as walking the park (I know that any kind of motion sensor device can be fucked up but this is Nintendo and of the big three games companies I have more faith in their ability to do it properly than anyone else).

Anyone been playing ScarFace then ?.I freaking love this game, it starts off from where the film ended when he blows the doors and shouts those oh so famous words ''say hello to my little friend'' but instead of him getting shot to shit he survives and you have to carry on and defeat all the bastards who stormed your mansion, you get away, but the cops take control of your crib. You have to build back up your empire from the beginning. You need your rep back, your money and of course your fuckin ball's.There's some really cool little features in this game, one for example I'll be walking the streets, and there will be just a normal guy walking past and I'll just press a button and you'll just say a real nasty comment ''you wanna fuckin fight, you pussy mother fucker'' :D Its class, any thoughs from those who've played it ?