WHAT PLAY YOU?

Onyx2

• Moderators

Since I got the new PC, I've been playing a lot of WoW, as I've already said, and also a ridiculous amount of UT2004. I loved the original Unreal Tournament, played it to death, but my old computer couldn't handle UT2003/UT2004. It runs like an absolute dream on here though, and the sheer quality and amount of available custom maps is incredible. I just installed The Movies on here too, after playing the shit out of it on another computer, but having to go through the opening tutorial again was the worst experience of my life. Turning it off did no good, that woman just would not shut up :(

• Replies 2.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I was loving Farenheit till the last third then it got really stupid. If you don't mind the total lack of logic at the end you may enjoy it, unless the stealth sections cause you to break the disc.First half of the game is magnificent.

Failing that try Eyetoy: Kinetic for the PS2 - brilliant fitness 'game', then perhaps pick up eyetoy groove or one of the Eyetoy Play series. They are knackering.

It looks like a nice idea but I don't think I have the space for it. The furthest I can stand from my TV and still be in front of it is about five feet, and unless I stood even closer I wouldn't be able to move much. At least with a dance mat I can put it slightly off to the side so it's in the middle of the floor, and it only needs about 1.5m x 1.5m anyway.

I recently started playing GTA III, but got frustrated with the mission that has you racing against the clock from phone to phone throughout the central island, and also with the concurrently available mission that has you collecting expensive cars and delivering them to a garage in pristine condition before the timer runs out. :glare:

I got Sensible Soccer today but I can't say i'm too convinced by it. It can be quite difficult to actually see where about the ball is sometimes and really it's a bit basic. I know that's the 'point' of sensible soccer but it's kinda showing how times change.

Oh man! I echo what mitch said about Fahrenheit. A great great great premise and first half, but oh dear... that second half. It's HILARIOUS. It's like the writer died halfway through and they let a 14 year old Matrix fan write the rest. But you must finish it JLM, if only for your reaction to the ending.

Possibly the nicest touch I've seen in a non-Metal-Gear game:In the Namco game Me and My Katamari, I just rolled up a coin-op arcade game. It responded by playing the level-begin jingle from Pac Man. :)

• Awards Moderator

Good to see the thread's still a-thrivin' a year on. Incidentally, has anyone spotted why I 'shouted' "WHAT PLAY YOU?"? It's a very indirect quote. Moj, I'm looking at you.

I have been mostly playing Guitar Hero and trying to get to insane levels of fretworkery. My current obssession is playing songs with my back to the screen. Cowboys From Hell hurts :(

I've also just finished Shadow of the Colossus after an intense week. Some awful camerawork, grating horse control but by golly you cna let it all go for the enormity of the scale. A breathtaking achievement, although those fellow over at GameFAQs take it a wee bit too seriously.

I'm about to embark on the final part of the PoP trilogy, Prince of Persia: The Two Thrones. But, erm, not having played it I can't really tell you about it. Duh.

I have been romping through the Silent Hills recently to mop up missing endings. SH2 is still the dominant force in the galaxy, and SH4 has some horrid sections that are nearly not worth playing (enemies you can't defeat? Yuk).

The odd blast of Burnout Legends on PSP has been mangling my thumb. Still a well-judged game. Can't help thinking that the PSP is still missing it's KILLER APP.

Like others I have also been SingStarring it up. The decidely GAY~! SingStar Anthems looks extremely shit however.

Well I'll be damned if Table Tennis for the 360 isn't really rather good. Very addictive, nice no-frills presentation and a clever-as-hell control system that captures the real game nigh-perfectly. I'm a sometime table tennis player myself (most lunchtimes from 2000 to 2004) and I really wouldn't have believed that they could have translated the game to a console this accurately. Half the price of other 360 games, too. :)My 360 will hopefully be online by the middle of next week, and when that happens I'll be looking to dominate you. Yes, YOU. :angry:

• Awards Moderator

Like others I have also been SingStarring it up. The decidely GAY~! SingStar Anthems looks extremely shit however.

Apart from "I Will Survive" and the cunting Weathergirls I think Anthems looks pretty good, certainly better than 80s which I didn't bother buying.
You are missing Come On Aileen, a crime in itself.Top score on any song? I'm pretty sure mine is on Keane's Somewhere Only We Know, 9730 or something like that.