The UKFF [Nearly-Official] Questions Thread

tiger_rick

• Paid Members

I remember hearing about a Wrestlemania documentary airing before Wrestlemania 16. I think it was called Wrestlemania All Day Long, is this correct?

It was more a highlights review of Mania 1-XV, presented by Ivory and Coach, IIRC. Maybe Ivory and Cole. It was about 3-4 hours long, and you got it as part of the ppv price. It was also on the 2nd disc of the Mania 16 dvd.
I believe the pay-per-view version was 8 hours. As you say, a cut down version appears on the DVD. There's also a 2 hour version on disc that comes with the WrestleMania behind the scenes book.

• Paid Members

Anyone know the name of the tune that TWC use in their ads as the World of Sport theme?cheers

If you mean the actual opening of the show (starts with 'Easy, Easy'), it's 'The March of the Toreadors' from the opera Carmen.

The missus, the little'un and I are off to Haven in Berwick upon Tweed next week the 25th - 27th. Someone at work has just told me there was wrestling on the last time they went. Anybody know if they'll be anything on that weekend? Cheers

• Paid Members

According to Haven's site, they are only having wrestling from 21st July to 2 September. Comically they choose to illustrate this with a picture of an amateur wrestling match, which would have to be the least successful holiday camp entertainment I could imagine.

Guest Josh Jenkins

What size venue/expected attendence is TNA expecting for Slammiversary?

It's being held at the Nashville Municipal Auditorium where they held their first two shows.

From WikipediaIt also has a relatively low seating capacity; approximately 8,900 is about the limit for hockey, with a few hundred more being accommodated for basketball due to the smaller playing surface, 11,000 or 12,000 can be accommodated for events in which part of the floor is also available for seating such as religious events and concerts.

WWE and WCW have also held PPVs there. Edited by Josh Jenkins

Anyone know the name of the tune that TWC use in their ads as the World of Sport theme?cheersIf you mean the actual opening of the show (starts with 'Easy, Easy'), it's 'The March of the Toreadors' from the opera Carmen.

Thanks, but I was referring to the ad that they are using in the TWC breaks the moment - it's a very 70s-sounding, almost Carry On style tune...

• Paid Members

Anyone know the name of the tune that TWC use in their ads as the World of Sport theme?cheersIf you mean the actual opening of the show (starts with 'Easy, Easy'), it's 'The March of the Toreadors' from the opera Carmen.

Thanks, but I was referring to the ad that they are using in the TWC breaks the moment - it's a very 70s-sounding, almost Carry On style tune...
Not sure, TBH! It was at the end of one of the WOS tapes ITV sent us, so we used it for a promo!

Guest Josh Jenkins

Who was Doink the Clown at Wrestlemania 17?

From wikipedia:

while an unknown wrestler (speculated by many to be either Ray Apollo or Nick Dinsmore but never confirmed) competed as Doink in a "gimmick battle royal" at WrestleMania

Guest Josh Jenkins

What ticket tout websites can I trust? I might be going to New York in the summer and I was thinking of going over to New Jersey and attending Summerslam.

• Paid Members

Why do we still have an FWA forum?

Dunno, beats me. :confused: Does anybody know who Buckhouse Buck was in WCW in the middle nineties? He was quite the worker. Did he do anything else after his WCW run?Thanks.