The UKFF [Nearly-Official] Questions Thread

tiger_rick

Some more questions:1) Which wrestlers were the first/earliest to do proper shoot interviews and when?2) Was Feinstein the first person to conduct them?

The first thing I remember coming out to resemble what would go on to be an RF Shoot Interview was Jim Cornette back in 93. It was, IIRC, done by Feinstein. There were certainly things that came out before then which could loosely be described as shoot interviews, or something resembling it, but that would seem to be the first one (although I'm not sure it was done totally bereft of kayfabe)...
One of the earliest would have been Bob Barnett's awesome Eddie Gilbert interview, 'Looking for Mr. Gilbert'.

Some more questions:1) Which wrestlers were the first/earliest to do proper shoot interviews and when?2) Was Feinstein the first person to conduct them?

The first thing I remember coming out to resemble what would go on to be an RF Shoot Interview was Jim Cornette back in 93. It was, IIRC, done by Feinstein. There were certainly things that came out before then which could loosely be described as shoot interviews, or something resembling it, but that would seem to be the first one (although I'm not sure it was done totally bereft of kayfabe)...
One of the earliest would have been Bob Barnett's awesome Eddie Gilbert interview, 'Looking for Mr. Gilbert'.
That was the one I was thinking of, but I've never seen it so I can't comment on whether it was actually a shoot iv or not. Barnett's certainly done other things like this (Hardcore Overload springs to mind)...

I imagine Barnett will get pointed this way and make a comment eventually, but the modern shoot interview does originate with him, yes. Which is one of the main reasons he hates Feinstein so much- he feels Feinstein ripped the idea off him without giving him necessary credit. Cornette is the daddy of the shoot, I'd say- without his brilliantly entertaining ones there just wouldn't be the same market for them.

Another guy (Brian Lee) showed up, dressed as the Undertaker. He was bad, while the real Undertaker was good. The real Undertaker finally caught up with him and beat him at Summerslam 1994.

Can someone explain to me this whole "Fake Undertaker" thing from 1994 please?

After a casket match loss to Yokozuna, Undertaker propelled to the heavens (live on PPV- had to be seen to be believed) and vowed to return.WWF Magazine ran reports of various "sightings" of the Undertaker, which were blatantly the Undertaker super imposed on to various pictures. Im sure I recall the Undertaker balancing on a log while joggers ran past in one photo.Anyway, Ted Dibiase was now a heel manager, and claimed he now controlled The Undertaker, and he had "sold out to the money" This Undertaker fought babyfaces (Tatanka the one match I recall) and instead of being controlled by Paul Bearers urn, was controlled by a wad of cash in Ted Dibiases hand. Then Paul Bearer claimed he had found the genuine Taker, and challenged Dibiases Taker to a match.It was really just a way to give The Undertaker a high profile return, and of course the pop for his return was very good, but surely they could have booked something better. The match was about as worthless as they come, because as soon as Takers entrance was over, the match was academic (and rotten)

Just to add to the above post, the original plan for the Undertaker vs. Undertaker match was apparently to have them merge into one super-Undertaker.Anyway, I have two questions;1. I've seen a move where the aggressor has his opponent in a Torture Rack-like position. He then flips his opponent over, so that he lands on the mat face-down. It's somewhat of an inverted FU. What is this move called?2. What was Lex Luger's finishing move in the WWF?

Edited by Van_Dammer

2. What was Lex Luger's finishing move in the WWF?

When he was with Davey Boy and doing that all American thing, It was the Bionic Elbow, which was jsut a running forearm smash off the ropes which hurt like fuck, thanks to the metal plate in his arm.Before that i'm sure it was the Torture rack, I can't remmeber him winning a match though, All I can remember is his fights with Perfect.

When he was with Davey Boy and doing that all American thing, It was the Bionic Elbow, which was jsut a running forearm smash off the ropes which hurt like fuck, thanks to the metal plate in his arm.Before that i'm sure it was the Torture rack, I can't remmeber him winning a match though, All I can remember is his fights with Perfect.

Cheers, but can anyone confirm this? All I can remember Luger using as a finisher in the WWF was the Forearm Smash/Bionic Elbow, but I'd like to know what he used before the surgery... Edited by Van_Dammer

1. I've seen a move where the aggressor has his opponent in a Torture Rack-like position. He then flips his opponent over, so that he lands on the mat face-down. It's somewhat of an inverted FU. What is this move called?2. What was Lex Luger's finishing move in the WWF?

1. Sounds like the burning hammer to me.2. The only one I can remember was the running forearm.

Thanks, Larryboy. The move is indeed called The Burning Hammer.

BurningHammer.gif

After looking into it, I've found that Luger's surgery (which required him to have a metal plate in his arm) was prior to his WWF debut. Therefore, he would have used the Forearm Smash throughout his enture WWF tenure. However, Luger was in WCW before that. Does anyone know what his finisher was there?

Edited by Van_Dammer

Err...I know he used a pile driver, called the attitude adjustment, when he was WCW champ, but I don't know what it was before that, the commentators mentioned it was a new move in the match I watched. Perhaps he used a clothesline.

Larry is right. I think he may have used a powerslam before the piledriver, but I'm not sure it was a finisher in the sense we now know. He definitely hurt his arm after leaving to join WBF than start the bionic forearm. I think that was a really shitty finisher. Torture Rack was cool tho!I've just been watching a September Nitro '95 and in it someone is propelled over the top rope. At this point Easy E mentions that the referee saw it, but he must have assumed it was accidental because 'no action has been taken'. We know about WCW's over the top rope rule, but when did this actually finish? Or was Easy E just mentioning someone being 'cautioned' for throwing them over(although he made a relatively large deal about it). Any help?

Was just doing some reading and read about Tank beating Big Al on a WCW PPV, who the hell was Big Al?

I can't technically answer your question as I don't know any background on Big Al. However I do remember the match and build-up in question. Big Al was someone "from Tank's past" who made his way into WCW. For some odd reason they ended up having a "Skins" match, which apparently ment "Jacket" (confused yet??), as they had a match in which the idea was to climb a pole and retrieve Tank's jacket to get the win. I think Al had stolen the jacket from Tank (it was his fave jacket you see). Anyway, things got even weirder in the match; Al was climbing the pole and Tank threw him to the outside (in a really dangerous and poorly executed way) and then pulled a knife out. He grabbed Al by the head and threatened to "cut his fucking throat". Tony Schiavone (with no idea what was actually going on) started to panic, and suggested that Tank was trying to "Cut Al's beard" with "a pair of scissors" to cover up for what I can only presume he thought was Tank Abbott going crazy on live PPV! The match carried on an Tank won after hitting some really poor worked punches.Everyone was confused. This is WCW.(This Big Al should not be confused with the other Big Al who worked for WCW briefly, ECW's Al "911" Poling.) Edited by Dirty Eddie