The UKFF [Nearly-Official] Questions Thread

tiger_rick

- How many times have AJ Styles and Christopher Daniels wrestled each other?

*CLICK HERE* for a topic in which we named what we believe to be the full list. :thumbsup:
Didn't they wrestle on a Australian show Foley pulled out of? I remember briefly reading about it - I think it had Test/Joe on too.
Yeah, on the three day tour of Oz they wrestled each other each show. On the last show they were also involved in a tag with Nidia and Gail Kim.

Was watching a WWF event from 98 the other day called Capital Carnage..Vinnie Jones was involved in the show and I was wondering why and if it was mentioned on RAW plus if any of the matches on the ppv were built up on RAW?

Capital Carnage was a pile of crap. Not a single match was hyped on Raw the week before, the booking lacked logic - Tiger Ali Singh beating a rookie Edge, anyone? - and the card was changed during the show.So instead of getting The Rock's first WWF Title defence on a PPV be against old enemy Triple H, he wrestled European CHampion X-Pac - the interview can be found right here - and HHH was lumbered with Jeff Jarrett. Worse still, HHH interfered in the title match, resulting in a lousy DQ win for the Rock in what was shaping up to be a quality match.Marc Mero had lost a match on Raw the previous week to Duane Gill, saying that if he lost, he'd quit wrestling. Yet here he was, 6 days later, teaming with his ex-valet Jacqueline - who he was feuding with, essentially - against Sable and Christian.Oh yes, the Brood. Gangrel was positioned as a heel, with Edge helping him to beat Al Snow, while in his singles match, Edge was a face, and so was his Christian in his match. So much for character positioning.Plus, Vinnie Jones was only on the show for a few brief, yet totally nonsensical moments. He came out and did the worst in-ring interview of all time with Michael Cole and said nothing of note. He then returned to enforce the main event, but was "red carded" by Gerald Brisco before the match even started, and only reappeared near the end to celebrate with Steve Austin and Earl Hebner.And if you knew the way Raw was done at the time - one live show, then a taped show the next day to be screened the following week - you would have known the next episode of Raw was recorded before the roster even flew over to the UK, meaning there would be no title changes, and no continuation of storylines.In short, Capital Carnage was an insult of a show, and it shocked me that they managed to stoop even lower for their next PPV on these shores, the hideous No Mercy.

- Who trained Vince and Shane McMahon? I've always thought they were decent in the ring, considering that they're non-workers (if that's the correct term).- Why wasn't Eric Bischoff in charge of WCW during its final year(s)? Who had taken his place?

Bill whats-his-name had a stint IIRC as WCW Boss
Busch...?

- Has Harcore Holly ever been punished for his antics?- What was the reason given for Leslie Nielsen's appearance at SummerSlam 1994? In terms of the storyline, how did his backstages skits come about?- Throughout 1999/2000, The Outsiders were immensely over and received great reactions, but were they supposed to be heels?- In 2003, when Hogan was taken off TV through his Mr. America angle, were there any plans to bring him back or was he fired after that?

Edited by Van_Dammer

1. No idea sorry2. Leslie was promoting Naked Gun 33 1/3: The Final Insult, so he was basically doing his Frank Drebin character along with George Kennedy.3. Yeah, pretty much4. No, the angle was abandoned after Hogan walked out on the WWE and then McMahon buried the angle by showing footage of Hogan taking his mask off after air (which he'd been doing for weeks)

Was watching a WWF event from 98 the other day called Capital Carnage..Vinnie Jones was involved in the show and I was wondering why and if it was mentioned on RAW plus if any of the matches on the ppv were built up on RAW?

Capital Carnage was a pile of crap. Not a single match ....
Nice review there. :thumbsup: What's Jillian Hall's back story? I thought she was one of this years Divasearch girls, but then I saw her wrestle Stacy on Velocity this morning and she actually came across as a decent wrestler. That makes me doubt she's a Divasearch girl and is a wrestler who WWE signed up like they did with Alexis Laree. Has she wrestled elsewhere before coming to WWE?

What's Jillian Hall's back story? I thought she was one of this years Divasearch girls, but then I saw her wrestle Stacy on Velocity this morning and she actually came across as a decent wrestler. That makes me doubt she's a Divasearch girl and is a wrestler who WWE signed up like they did with Alexis Laree. Has she wrestled elsewhere before coming to WWE?

She was brought into OVW via Jim Cornette, looking like this...Jillian_Hall.jpgAll curly hair, plain face, flat chest, slightly chubby and generally everything that WWE wouldn't want in a Diva. She obviously trained in OVW under Danny Davis and she was a big favourite of Cornette. She had a cheerleading background, so was fairly flexible, and Cornette tried to get her over by referring to her as "terminally cute" all the time.Anyway, poor Jillian toiled away in OVW for a while, never really getting anywhere - mostly because OVW's womens division consisted of even less wrestlers than the WWE division... and she decided that she needed to work on her look. So, she lost a lot of weight, changed her face, got some huge boobs, straightened her hair... and actually became rather hot. WWE signed her to a developmental deal.Within the last year, Jillian had positioned herself as the "dominant female" of OVW, calling herself the "Blond Bombshell" and using Melissa Coates (i.e. Snitsky's new girlfriend) as her bodyguard. Over the summer, she became involved with Chad & Tank Toland (now known as The Dicks on Smackdown). The Tolands were calling themselves the "Blond Bombers", so Jillian's "Bombshell" nickname worked well and she became their manager.So yeah, she's fully trained as a wrestler under Danny Davis and has got a fair bit of potential. She's worked really hard to get to WWE, which is why the whole "mole" thing is such a bad joke.

What's Jillian Hall's back story? I thought she was one of this years Divasearch girls, but then I saw her wrestle Stacy on Velocity this morning and she actually came across as a decent wrestler. That makes me doubt she's a Divasearch girl and is a wrestler who WWE signed up like they did with Alexis Laree. Has she wrestled elsewhere before coming to WWE?

She was brought into OVW via Jim Cornette, looking like this...Jillian_Hall.jpgAll curly hair, plain face, flat chest, slightly chubby and generally everything that WWE wouldn't want in a Diva. She obviously trained in OVW under Danny Davis and she was a big favourite of Cornette. She had a cheerleading background, so was fairly flexible, and Cornette tried to get her over by referring to her as "terminally cute" all the time.Anyway, poor Jillian toiled away in OVW for a while, never really getting anywhere - mostly because OVW's womens division consisted of even less wrestlers than the WWE division... and she decided that she needed to work on her look. So, she lost a lot of weight, changed her face, got some huge boobs, straightened her hair... and actually became rather hot. WWE signed her to a developmental deal.Within the last year, Jillian had positioned herself as the "dominant female" of OVW, calling herself the "Blond Bombshell" and using Melissa Coates (i.e. Snitsky's new girlfriend) as her bodyguard. Over the summer, she became involved with Chad & Tank Toland (now known as The Dicks on Smackdown). The Tolands were calling themselves the "Blond Bombers", so Jillian's "Bombshell" nickname worked well and she became their manager.So yeah, she's fully trained as a wrestler under Danny Davis and has got a fair bit of potential. She's worked really hard to get to WWE, which is why the whole "mole" thing is such a bad joke.
On a side note, she had a nice match against Stacy Keibler on this week's Velocity.Unfortunately, it ended a bit prematurely, but the action beforehand was good, by WWE women's standards.

On a side note, she had a nice match against Stacy Keibler on this week's Velocity.Unfortunately, it ended a bit prematurely, but the action beforehand was good, by WWE women's standards.

I need to see this. I've heard it described that she wore a Vader-esque mask to "cover" the mole.

- Throughout 1999/2000, The Outsiders were immensely over and received great reactions, but were they supposed to be heels?

Nash was a tweener when he defeated Goldberg in late '98, and continued that for most of '99. In 2000 he was a face under Russo. Before The Wolfpac was formed, they were bonafide heels who happened to be really over and get mostly face reactions.