The UKFF [Nearly-Official] Questions Thread

tiger_rick

When did Sting make the change-over to his darker, Crow-style get-up? What was the story around it?

I believe it happened after he became a free-agent following Lex Luger accusing him of turning to the New World Order in late 1996.During the War Games match at Fall Brawl, he beat up the nWo Sting and the rest of the Order, proved he wasn't part of the group, walked out of the double cage and said WCW didn't support him.He then went into exile, and morphed into the lost soul of Crow-Sting.

In that case, how did McMahon 'get off' (you know what I mean!)?

If you want a really good look at the steroid trial and the situation that surrounded it, buy sex, lies and headlocks.Basically there wasn't much evidence against him, that he actually had a role in supplying steroids to wrestlers, the witneses weren't as damaging as the prosecution hoped, and the case was pretty badly bungled. Plus Vince weaved some pretty clever PR.

Again, thanks for the responses!A few more questions:- Was Survivor Series 1996 shown live in the UK? - If not, was there any reason as to why? Were any other events (from around that time) shown 'taped'?- Were the very first In Your House events shown in the UK at all?

Edited by Van_Dammer

- Was Survivor Series 1996 shown live in the UK? - If not, was there any reason as to why? Were any other events shown 'taped'?- Were the very first In Your House events shown in the UK at all?

Survivor Series 96 was IIRC only shown 9 days after the actual event on the Tuesday (this was because Raw had began airing on a week delay in September, I think some viewers and Sky were unhappy with how some of the WWE product was going, most noticably the Goldust character, so they possibly wanted more time to edit it or something)Royal Rumble 97 was also shown the exact same way, but they started showing the PPVs Live again with WM13In Your House 12 was shown in an edited form on Sky One on Boxing Day in December 96 (I remember this as a special hosted by Dok Hendrix). I don't think any other In Your House's were shown until #14 in April, all the previous ones from 1995 onwards had "highlights" on Superstars or other weekend showsI think that will answer your questions :D

In Your House 12 was shown in an edited form on Sky One on Boxing Day in December 96 (I remember this as a special hosted by Dok Hendrix).

Haha, Ive got that on tape. I remember the match between Taker and Terry Gordy was edited so badly. They showed the first few minutes, then cut to doc hendrix, then cut back and showed the last few minutes, completely cutting out the majority of the match.

In Your House 12 was shown in an edited form on Sky One on Boxing Day in December 96 (I remember this as a special hosted by Dok Hendrix).

Haha, Ive got that on tape. I remember the match between Taker and Terry Gordy was edited so badly. They showed the first few minutes, then cut to doc hendrix, then cut back and showed the last few minutes, completely cutting out the majority of the match.
That was a decent show. Had a good Leif Cassidy (Al Snow for you young clueless post whoring people) vs Flash Funk and Hunter Hearst Helmsley vs Marc Mero was also entertaining. I was probably the only person who enjoyed Owen and Bulldog vs Fake Diesel and Fake Razor Ramon. Bret vs Sid for the title was good by Sid standards. Hell im gonna go watch that show now.

• Paid Members

- Was Survivor Series 1996 shown live in the UK? - If not, was there any reason as to why? Were any other events shown 'taped'?- Were the very first In Your House events shown in the UK at all?

Survivor Series 96 was IIRC only shown 9 days after the actual event on the Tuesday (this was because Raw had began airing on a week delay in September, I think some viewers and Sky were unhappy with how some of the WWE product was going, most noticably the Goldust character, so they possibly wanted more time to edit it or something)
I also remember when they edited out hard slapping punches and heads into the ringsteps. Dark, dark days indeed.

Survivor Series 96 was IIRC only shown 9 days after the actual event on the Tuesday (this was because Raw had began airing on a week delay in September, I think some viewers and Sky were unhappy with how some of the WWE product was going, most noticably the Goldust character, so they possibly wanted more time to edit it or something)
I also remember when they edited out hard slapping punches and heads into the ringsteps. Dark, dark days indeed.
If i remember it may have to do with a new live events contract deal with wwf/sky, i think the Royal Rumble was not live either, but by the time Wrestlemania came around, Sky were showing live events again, and In Your House Fourteen was the first IYH to be shown live on sky. :)