The UKFF [Nearly-Official] Questions Thread

tiger_rick

Guest Gazzmission

Did Kurt Angle ever face Shelton Benjamin on Smackdown before Benjamin got drafted last year??And was there ever an explanation as to why Jindrak and Reigns stopped being Team Angle mkII??

Guest Sebastien

Did Kurt Angle ever face Shelton Benjamin on Smackdown before Benjamin got drafted last year??

No

And was there ever an explanation as to why Jindrak and Reigns stopped being Team Angle mkII??

They split with Jindrack turning face

• Paid Members

Do you guys trust BARB ratings here in the UK? (especially for wwe on skysports)They said 70,000 for RAW on Wednesday 6th June yet only like a few weeks ago it was a massive 160,000 odd.And with a 5000 selection rating panel it doesnt sound that right as it seems too small a number to represent the UK.My next Question is,How are ratings done in the US?

The bigger the channel, the more accurate the ratings. 5000 is statistically easily enough to get generally accurate figures for a channel like Sky Sports. Bear in mind that most election opinion polls are done with 1000-2000 people, and the exit polls with 15,000 gave an almost exactly accurate forecast. The 70,000-160,000 variation is quite big, but even shows like Coronation Street (where you'd expect the audience to be consistent) can often vary by a good 30% over a few episodes. The only difference is that Granada don't then look at the quarter-hour ratings and cancel Ken Barlow's storyline.Ratings in the US are done in a very similar way, but with more boxes because there are more people (it's in roughly the same proportion to the UK). The only difference is that UK ratings are always listed as a straight number of people, while US figures are listed as a percentage of people with access to the channel concerned. (So, for example, a 5.0 on NBC is more people than a 5.0 on MTV.)There's also something called sweeps week, which takes place four times a year (February, May, August and October) where a much larger group of people fill in a diary of the programmes they watch. The figures from this used to be the main way of calculating advertising rates, which is why wrestling companies (in the days when most TV matches were star vs jobber) would put on big matches on the TV shows those weeks.

What happened to Nailz? I loved that guy, then after he accused Vince of sexual advances, he was history.....he had the superstar look and everything...

Nailz appeared in WCW as The Prisoner, a few months after he left the WWF. He wrestled Sting in a match at Slamboree '93. After that, it appears he was one of the many WCW wrestlers who sat at home collecting a paycheque for doing absolutely nothing. I could be wrong but I think he officially came off of the WCW payroll come late 2000/early 2001.Nice work if you can get it, sitting at home doing nothing. I wish I had been a WCW wrestler.
There was suggestions that he was getting a pay check just because Bischoff loved him for beating on Vince. I think he might have done stuff in the AWF in 95 as well, though I'm nowhere near sure on that...
He worked for New Japan around late '94. I remember him teaming with Ron Simmons in a tag tournament and a singles bout where he was squashed by El Gigante.

Prior to Sunday night, when did Lance Storm last wrestle?

He's had one or two matches in OVW.... And one match on heat the week before the ECW PPV - but I assume you mean before that - which would be his "Last" bout against Stevie Richards on April 19th 2004.I can't believe it's over a year ago as it seems like yesterday, but I looked it up and it is.

As said in a different post, Motorhead also do a not so good versoin of Enter Sandman

Which is fair enough really, because Metallica have done half a dozen not-so-good versions of Mot

Do you guys trust BARB ratings here in the UK? (especially for wwe on skysports)They said 70,000 for RAW on Wednesday 6th June yet only like a few weeks ago it was a massive 160,000 odd.And with a 5000 selection rating panel it doesnt sound that right as it seems too small a number to represent the UK.My next Question is,How are ratings done in the US?

The bigger the channel, the more accurate the ratings. 5000 is statistically easily enough to get generally accurate figures for a channel like Sky Sports. Bear in mind that most election opinion polls are done with 1000-2000 people, and the exit polls with 15,000 gave an almost exactly accurate forecast. The 70,000-160,000 variation is quite big, but even shows like Coronation Street (where you'd expect the audience to be consistent) can often vary by a good 30% over a few episodes. The only difference is that Granada don't then look at the quarter-hour ratings and cancel Ken Barlow's storyline.Ratings in the US are done in a very similar way, but with more boxes because there are more people (it's in roughly the same proportion to the UK). The only difference is that UK ratings are always listed as a straight number of people, while US figures are listed as a percentage of people with access to the channel concerned. (So, for example, a 5.0 on NBC is more people than a 5.0 on MTV.)There's also something called sweeps week, which takes place four times a year (February, May, August and October) where a much larger group of people fill in a diary of the programmes they watch. The figures from this used to be the main way of calculating advertising rates, which is why wrestling companies (in the days when most TV matches were star vs jobber) would put on big matches on the TV shows those weeks.
cheers for the explanation.

Were Dino Bravo and Greg Valentine known as Dream Team II in 1987, or is my memory playing tricks on me?

Yes. Well... As a new version of the Dream Team yes. Dino Bravo replaced Brutus Beefcake after they booted the barber out of the group.

Ok i'm torn between going to raw and going to the 1pw show, and money is a bit of a factor. So my question is, how much are the raw Tickets for this years show, or how much are they usually, If someone could provide all ticket prices that would be great.TIA

Were Dino Bravo and Greg Valentine known as Dream Team II in 1987, or is my memory playing tricks on me?

Yes. Well... As a new version of the Dream Team yes. Dino Bravo replaced Brutus Beefcake after they booted the barber out of the group.
Cheers. I thought they had, although they didn't team for too long, I don't think.

How old is Marty Jannetty and when are the WWE planning to bring him back for some sort of program with Shawn Micheals? (either a feud or as a tag team)

Ok i'm torn between going to raw and going to the 1pw show, and money is a bit of a factor. So my question is, how much are the raw Tickets for this years show, or how much are they usually, If someone could provide all ticket prices that would be great.

The last two sets of TV tapings have had tickets priced at