The UKFF [Nearly-Official] Questions Thread

tiger_rick

Just watching some old Wrestling Challenge Shows from just before Wrestlemania 7, and I would like to ask a question about it.Why didn't Duggan have a match on the PPV? He was being pushed very strong around that time (feuding with Slaughter, teaming with Hogan, etc)Thanks.

Odd man out, I guess. About the only logical opponent for him would have been Slaughter, and he obviously had bigger things going on. Just about everyone else on the roster was involved in the show, but there's always going to be a few that missed out (eg. no Paul Orndorff at WM3). Duggan did, however, do commentary on the opening match, so he still got a payday...
In that era, Duggan didn't usually have feuds of his own. His role was either to job to Hogan's next opponent to build them up, or work a main event with Hogan's current opponent in towns which were considered too small for a Hogan appearance.
Was he financially better off in that role than he would have been if he was on the PPV? I mean were there perks for being Hogans warm up act?

• Paid Members

Well, top or second billing on house shows, even in the smaller towns, would have made for better payoffs, probably to the tune of several hundred dollars more per night, though that's just a guess.A WrestleMania payoff was potentially huge, though Duggan was never in a big enough role to be getting more than low ten-thousands.In this specific case, Duggan worked a lot with both Sgt Slaughter and General Adnan in the run-up to the show, usually underneath Warrior-Savage matches, so he didn't have a natural feud running with anyone else.

Well, top or second billing on house shows, even in the smaller towns, would have made for better payoffs, probably to the tune of several hundred dollars more per night, though that's just a guess.A WrestleMania payoff was potentially huge, though Duggan was never in a big enough role to be getting more than low ten-thousands.In this specific case, Duggan worked a lot with both Sgt Slaughter and General Adnan in the run-up to the show, usually underneath Warrior-Savage matches, so he didn't have a natural feud running with anyone else.

Thanks John.Can anyone tell me how much on average it costs to run a run of the mill British show? Is it possible to make a decent profit by say drawing 3 to 400 fans?

Weird question: has anyone ever seen a wrestler cough, yawn or sneeze during a televised match?

Didn't Andre fall asleep once when he was in a Big John Studd headlock? If Andre like to catch up on his zzzz's in this way just think how much he'd love working with Randy Orton.

On Robbie Brookside's Video Diaries who is the wrestler who, when asked about Brian Dixon, sarcastically says "I think Brian Dixon is an absolute pleasure to work for"? Robbie then later gives him the classic knees into the back of the knees trick so he gives him a campy, fake punch back.

Just watching some old Wrestling Challenge Shows from just before Wrestlemania 7, and I would like to ask a question about it.Why didn't Duggan have a match on the PPV? He was being pushed very strong around that time (feuding with Slaughter, teaming with Hogan, etc)Thanks.

Not as much as Bossman, he wrestled every f'n week on those shows looking back now. Seriously he was ALWAYS on it.The old WWF tonka buddys released in 1989. Warrior, Hogan and DiBiase - where there any more?

Not as much as Bossman, he wrestled every f'n week on those shows looking back now. Seriously he was ALWAYS on it.The old WWF tonka buddys released in 1989. Warrior, Hogan and DiBiase - where there any more?
Savage was in the original bunch as well. The second batch had Jake Roberts and Big Bossman in, and there were surely more (possibly Davey Boy Smith and Mr Perfect, but I'm merely speculating). WCW released their own versions, and I remember them being spectacularly shoddy. Luger and Flair's were terribly bad, IIRC...