The UKFF [Nearly-Official] Questions Thread

tiger_rick

Anybody know the real reason Rick Rude left the WWF in 1990?Thanks.

God knows if it's the real reason or (much like anything wrestling related) another Wrestling Myth. I heard (either on a couple of shoots or in reading interviews) that Rude wanted to start a family with his wife at the time, and had requested to Vince that he wanted to get off the Gas for a while (as it can screw with your baby-producing equipment) to try and have kids. Vince didn't care for the idea, so he opted to go work for WCW.

What's the full story behind the WWF's referee strike a few years back? Who were the replacement refs brought in? I know Steve Lombardi was brought in.

^Anyone?
I can recall Harvey Wippleman and perhaps Tom Pritchard being Scab Refs for a few weeks. I can't remember the outcome of the situation though.

What's the full story behind the WWF's referee strike a few years back? Who were the replacement refs brought in? I know Steve Lombardi was brought in.

^Anyone?
I can recall Harvey Wippleman and perhaps Tom Pritchard being Scab Refs for a few weeks. I can't remember the outcome of the situation though.
IIRC, it was a bit of a piss-take on strikes by officials in "proper" American sports (specifically, baseball I believe). I can't recall exactly the exact circumstances as to why the WWF refs walked out, however...

Did the Hart Foundation and Rockers ever have any other matches against each other, apart from the one that features on the new Shawn Michaels set when the top rope snaps ?

Yeah. At least two are available on WWFE DVD/video. They did one on the April-ish 90 SNME, which is on the Bret Hart DVD (and is a bloody excellent match), and there's also one from around 89ish on one of the Coliseum Video releases (might have been one of the World Tour vids)...

• Paid Members

Did the Hart Foundation and Rockers ever have any other matches against each other, apart from the one that features on the new Shawn Michaels set when the top rope snaps ?

Yeah. At least two are available on WWFE DVD/video. They did one on the April-ish 90 SNME, which is on the Bret Hart DVD (and is a bloody excellent match), and there's also one from around 89ish on one of the Coliseum Video releases (might have been one of the World Tour vids)...
Cheers for the info, i'll have to dig these out later to watch. I'm actually surprised they had more than the one match. As I don't think WWF did a lot of face v face matches back then.

Cheers for the info, i'll have to dig these out later to watch. I'm actually surprised they had more than the one match. As I don't think WWF did a lot of face v face matches back then.
Weren't the Hart Foundation still heels at that point? Probably not - my grasp of chronology is fucking awful.

Weren't the Hart Foundation still heels at that point? Probably not - my grasp of chronology is fucking awful.
No, the Harts had turned face in early 1988.The WWF had a habit of doing face v face tag-team matches on the videotape releases around that time. Just before Bret Hart and Jim Neidhart split, there was a match between them and the Legion of Doom which was on something like World Tour 91.

No, the Harts had turned face in early 1988.The WWF had a habit of doing face v face tag-team matches on the videotape releases around that time. Just before Bret Hart and Jim Neidhart split, there was a match between them and the Legion of Doom which was on something like World Tour 91.
Wrestlefest 94 is the tape that must be recommended for this type of thing, containing an AWESOME Bret & Owen Hart v Rick & Scott Steiner match... Edited by The Mighty LC

• Paid Members

WrestleFest 90 is the tape with the August 89 match. Rest of the tape is pretty awful aside from a fun Savage-Piper match.

The match is up at:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YGjfrHz1cok

The 1990 SNME match is at:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5KknzW1D2uA...feature=related

A singles match from the time (Bret-Shawn) is at:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V7xO0HJb1xg...feature=related

Edited by JNLister