The UKFF [Nearly-Official] Questions Thread

tiger_rick

• Paid Members

Can anyone tell me why on a Ntiro in late 1998 early 1999 - Sting came down from the rafetrs after the main event and it had Randy Savage saying stuff while the screen.I think thats right anyway :S

can someone tell me when sacrifice will be on TWC? or better still when TNA PPVS in general are shown on TWC.

Sacrifice will be on TWC next sunday at 8pm.TWC show the TNA PPV's on a 7 day delay, so every sunday after the show happened.

- This has probably been asked, but what is the longest wrestling match in history?- Why did Sky Sports suddenly start to show Raw live? Was there a huge demand for it?- I understand that Jim Cornette was suspended from OVW because of a physical altercation with a wrestler. After his suspension, what was he fired for?

Edited by Van_Dammer

accroding to a page form google:

Lewis himself was involved in arguably the longest running wrestling match in history, when on July 4, 1916 Lewis wrestled former champion Joe Stecher to a 5 1/2 hour draw. Often referring disdainfully to wrestling that incorporated wild personalities and choreography as "slambang" wrestling, Lewis began his career just prior to the transition in the sport that forever led it down the road of "sports entertainment"...

http://www.wrestlingmuseum.com/pages/bios/...e/lewisbio.html

I understand that Jim Cornette was suspended from OVW because of a physical altercation with a wrestler. After his suspension, what was he fired for?

That, and a combination of other things leading up to that altercation where he slapped a trainee. I heard of him flying off the handle with Bubba Ray Dudley and Mordacai as well. Add to that a proper wrestling guy like him doesn't have a lot of allies left in WWE, and he's gone.

• Paid Members

- This has probably been asked, but what is the longest wrestling match in history?

The longest match of any kind was a 9 hour plus amateur match in the Olympics (1912 I think).Longest pro match was William Muldoon v Clarence Whistler in 1881 which went to an eight hour draw.The longest match I can think of that was definitely a work was a 1965 Dory Funk Jr vs Mike DiBiase death match in Amarillo which supposedly went three hours ten minutes. I've also heard it billed as 1 hour 44 minutes, though this may be a separate match.Antonio Inoki v Masa Saito in a Jungle Island death match was billed as 2 hour 5 minutes, though I'm not sure much of this actually happened before witnesses.The longest worked match I know of that is verifiable by videotape is the last Chikara Torneo Cybernetico which goes 1 hour 44 minutes.

Wasn't the Aries/Danielson match from Testing the Limit supposed to go nearly 3 hours, with the first 2 fals being 60 minute draws and the final fall going 57 minutes- but it was mucked up due to Aries getting injured during the match?