The UKFF [Nearly-Official] Questions Thread

tiger_rick

When was it in 2000 when Commissioner Foley suspended Steve Austin?

I think it was late 2000 going into the Armageddon HIAC. Foley had declared a rule of not touching him in anyway whatsoever and Austin stunned him and he got suspended I think.

Guest Ray Vonne

What date did TWC International Showdown & Universal Uproar take place?

TWC International Showdown happened on Saturday, 19th March 2005.Universal Uproar happened on Saturday, 12th November 2005.

Was Shawn Michaels legit injured in early 1997? Was the plan for Michaels vs. Taker at Wrestlemania 13?

I've always thought that accepted line of thought was that Shawn was supposed to win the title from Sid at the Rumble, retain it up to WM13, and then drop it to Bret in a rematch at WM- thus returning the favour from WM12. Of course Shawn didn't want to drop the title to Bret, and faked/exagerated his knee injury, causing Vince to go into damage control (big men), putting the belt onto Sid, and then giving it to Taker as a 'reward' of sorts....

Why was Jim Ross absent from December 1998 until April 1999?

He was suffering from Bells Palsy.
Were the audience actually informed of Ross' condition from the beginning?
When heel JR was around with fake Diesel & Razor I'm sure he had Bells Palsy then too. Wasn't that the "you think the little kids will be scared by me??" angle happened, and he setup a alternative commentary table/position?

Was Shawn Michaels legit injured in early 1997? Was the plan for Michaels vs. Taker at Wrestlemania 13?

I've always thought that accepted line of thought was that Shawn was supposed to win the title from Sid at the Rumble, retain it up to WM13, and then drop it to Bret in a rematch at WM- thus returning the favour from WM12. Of course Shawn didn't want to drop the title to Bret, and faked/exagerated his knee injury, causing Vince to go into damage control (big men), putting the belt onto Sid, and then giving it to Taker as a 'reward' of sorts....
I'd always thought/remember reading that Taker getting the title was always the WM 13 plan, with Hart/Michaels on the 'undercard'.

When was it in 2000 when Commissioner Foley suspended Steve Austin?

I think it was late 2000 going into the Armageddon HIAC. Foley had declared a rule of not touching him in anyway whatsoever and Austin stunned him and he got suspended I think.
It would have been October of that year in the run-up to No Mercy (Austin's return match against Rikishi). Austin was going round Stunning whoever he felt like whilst trying to find out who drove the car that ran him down. Foley told him to stop, so Austin Stunnered him - obviously. Foley suspended him and then - somehow - managed to piece together all the clues and discover it was Rikishi who drove the car. Austin was reinstated and Austin/Rikishi was made.

Does anyone know what PPV's silvervision have released on dvd prior to 2002? (Not including tagged classic releases)

I'll have a go...1999Wrestlemania 15Summerslam 19992000Royal Rumble 2000Wrestlemania 2000Backlash 2000King of the Ring 2000Summerslam 2000Survivor Series 2000I believe that all PPVs from 2001 were released on DVD also.