The UKFF [Nearly-Official] Questions Thread

tiger_rick

thanks for your answers guys.one more question. last night i watched the "wrestling with shadows" documentary on dvd at a friends house. i'd seen it before on bbc2 but it was years and years ago but i'm sure i remember some thing that didn't seem to be on the dvd. admittedly there were a few of us there so we could have talked over some bits or i could just be imagining some things. three things i missed that i'm sure were there: 1) when i saw it on tv, i'm fairly certain the announcer gave it an 'offensive language' warning and it started off with pat patterson swearing about something 2) there was a bit where bret's talking about the art of wrestling and they show the undertaker kicking him in the corner and bret says something like "the kicks look like they hurt but in truth he never even touched me" 3) there's a bit where bret's talking about being brought up in the wrestling business and says that when he was a kid the wrestlers used to come to the house to get their paycheques and one week a heel wrestler, who the night before had been beating his dad up on tv, came to the door and he couldn't understand why his mum let him and his dad gave him money.did i imagine any of the above or did i see them elsewhere?thanks again.

I think there are two versions of the documentary, the one on general release and a pre-production version.

I've actually got about 50 questions I'd love answered, but I won't ask them all at once. :D 1.) What was the PPV buyrate for WM VII?2.) Is it true that Hulk Hogan was instrumental in helping The Undertaker get a job with WWF (after appearing with him in Suburban Commando)?3.) What is Jake "The Snake" Roberts doing right now? Is he okay?4.) Correct me if I'm wrong, but The British Bulldog was scheduled to face The Berzerker at WM VIII. Why did that match not take place, because as far as I know, neither man was injured or unable to perform for any reason.

I have a question regarding ordering PPVs on NTL Digital. What channel are the actually on and how do you order them. It's just that it is not available on the on demand section like most of the pay per view stuff is. I know this question has probably been asked before, but this thread is 187 pages long!!

I have a question regarding ordering PPVs on NTL Digital. What channel are the actually on and how do you order them. It's just that it is not available on the on demand section like most of the pay per view stuff is. I know this question has probably been asked before, but this thread is 187 pages long!!

I was just about to ask the same thing.It's on PPV Channel which is 110 but I've got no clue how to order it, any help would be appreciated.

• Paid Members

Was Owen Hart scheduled to recieve a big main event push in 1998? The reason i ask is, re-watching Royal Rumble 1998 recently, Owen was in the midst of a strong babyface singles push as it is, but when Owen makes his entrance into the Rumble, the camera immediatly cuts to Tyson marking out huge for Owen. And of course the only other guy they did this with was Austin.

• Paid Members

2.) Is it true that Hulk Hogan was instrumental in helping The Undertaker get a job with WWF (after appearing with him in Suburban Commando)?

Wasn't Surburban Commando released in 1991? I think 'Taker debuted in 1990. Don't think Hogan's pull had anything to do with it unfortunately.Does anybody know who the guy was with 'Taker in that movie? It was him and an well-built alien buddy.Cheers brahs.

I was just about to ask the same thing.It's on PPV Channel which is 110 but I've got no clue how to order it, any help would be appreciated.
EDIT: I'm a tube! Edited by The Amence One

I have NTL and have just ordered the Royal Rumble. For some reason NTL don't put up WWE event on the list of PPVs to order until there only a few hours away. I've checked a couple of times this evening and is has only just popped up in the last half-hour of so.To order it I just pressed the "on demand" button on my remote and then selected "sports and events" and it was the only thing available to order. In my area they show the PPVs on channel 0, but I know other areas have different numbers for some channels, but when I ordered the PPV I got a message saying that a reminder would pop up on the screen to say it was about to start. normally there's an option on the reminder when it appears, that takes you straight to the right channel.Hope this helps.

Just curious here, I went to order the Rumble yesterday on Sky Digi and I got a message come up saying something like 'insufficent funds on viewing card'. So I rung up and did it via phone instead. Has anyone else had this? Or know what it means?

I have NTL and have just ordered the Royal Rumble. For some reason NTL don't put up WWE event on the list of PPVs to order until there only a few hours away. I've checked a couple of times this evening and is has only just popped up in the last half-hour of so.To order it I just pressed the "on demand" button on my remote and then selected "sports and events" and it was the only thing available to order. In my area they show the PPVs on channel 0, but I know other areas have different numbers for some channels, but when I ordered the PPV I got a message saying that a reminder would pop up on the screen to say it was about to start. normally there's an option on the reminder when it appears, that takes you straight to the right channel.Hope this helps.
Yep thats cleared things up thanks. 1st time watching a PPV on NTL and I've heard of some of the problems other people have had with it. I hope it goes smoothly tonight.