The UKFF [Nearly-Official] Questions Thread

tiger_rick

• Paid Members

- Did WCW and the WWF ever hold a PPV on the same night?

Starrcade 87 and Survivor Series 87 were both held on the 26/11/1987 on PPV.The Survivor Series began in 87 to counteract JCP's Starrcade. Vince wouldn't let any cable system air Survivor Series that showed Starrcade. So most cable companies chose the WWF's PPV costing JCP a lot of money. Edited by The Ratt

Starrcade 87 and Survivor Series 87 were both held on the 26/11/1987 on PPV.The Survivor Series began in 87 to counteract JCP's Starrcade. Vince wouldn't let any cable system air Survivor Series that showed Starrcade. So most cable companies chose the WWF's PPV costing JCP a lot of money.

And just for the record: Survivor Series got 7.0 and Starcade got 3.3 buy rates

Starrcade 87 and Survivor Series 87 were both held on the 26/11/1987 on PPV.The Survivor Series began in 87 to counteract JCP's Starrcade. Vince wouldn't let any cable system air Survivor Series that showed Starrcade. So most cable companies chose the WWF's PPV costing JCP a lot of money.
While not strictly a PPV, the first Clash of the Champions clashed with WrestleMania IV.

While not strictly a PPV, the first Clash of the Champions clashed with WrestleMania IV.
Interesting note: the PPV broadcasters begged Ted Turner to put on a PPV against WrestleMania V as they were sick of Vince's crap. It was all planned and everything, but they worked out something with Vince so the planned PPV was scrapped and turned into Clash of the Champions V.

Bret Hart's finishing sequence. What were the moves, and what was their order? Obviously, the Sharpshooter was the last...

I think it went:Russian leg-sweep - Forearm smash from the middle rope - Sharpshooter.

If your saying that it could be worth pointing out that the WWF ran the first Royal Rumble event in January 1988 on TV (USA Network) to go against an NWA PPV (I think the Bunkhouse Stampede or something?)I'm think that was originally why the NWA booked the Clash of Champions to go against WM4 Edited by landy1987

I think it went:Russian leg-sweep - Forearm smash from the middle rope - Sharpshooter.

Wasn't there a Manhattan Drop in there somewhere?
There was a backbraker there too.

- Was there an incident in which a wrestling promotor had given a newspaper reporter the results of a show, only for them to be printed early? If so, who am I thinking of and what was the event?

I have a vague recollection of this happening for Wrestlemania IV, but for WWF to change the final result. Similar thing happened at WCW. With long TV tapings in advance, they played the wrong tape of Mene Gene talking about Flair's title win/defeat(I can't remember), before the actual PPV. This was explained that Mene Gene had been bought off by Flair(or something!) and that it having that on TV was part of the mind games either Flair or his opponent was playing. I'm sure someone remembers both incidents better.Edit: The good lord google found this:

Prior to WrestleMania IV, USA Today got a copy of the post-WrestleMania WWF Magazine which listed Randy Savage as champion before the tournament (where Savage beat Dibiase in the finals) took place. McMahon publicly referred to it as a coincidence.

Edited by shinyahashimoto