The UKFF [Nearly-Official] Questions Thread

tiger_rick

- How was Hulk Hogan received in Japan?

Hulk Hogan was always hugely popular in Japan. He was main eventing in New Japan in 1983 which is before he joined the WWF and became world famous.
That actually surprises me...Anyway, thanks for answering that; it's appreciated. :thumbsup: Edited by Van_Dammer

Question for the Japanese Wrestling boffs.In the top companys like New Japan, All Japan and NOAH i have enever seen a Steel Cage Match billed........ Or any kind of gimmick matches like Ladder Matches and such.......... Have there been any? Any reasons for the lack of them?My guess for the lack of them is the whole wrestling being seen as a legitimate sport in Japan.

Question for the Japanese Wrestling boffs.In the top companys like New Japan, All Japan and NOAH i have enever seen a Steel Cage Match billed........ Or any kind of gimmick matches like Ladder Matches and such.......... Have there been any? Any reasons for the lack of them?My guess for the lack of them is the whole wrestling being seen as a legitimate sport in Japan.

New Japan ran a "Cage Death" match either last year or the year before. I want to say Chono vs. Fujita, but I could be way off.I'm pretty sure they've also played host to an Atsushi Onita lunatic main event in years past as well. Something involving barbed wire, explosions and possibly also a Cage.

What is the significance of the ring wrapped around the neckband AJ Styles wears? Wedding ring? If so that's not a very clever idea...

It's his wedding ring. He doesn't want to take it off (Ahhhh) but obviously can't wear it when he wrestles.
Can he not just cover it with athletic tape like every other married wrestler does?

What is the significance of the ring wrapped around the neckband AJ Styles wears? Wedding ring? If so that's not a very clever idea...

It's his wedding ring. He doesn't want to take it off (Ahhhh) but obviously can't wear it when he wrestles.
In that case; when was he actually married? I'm sure that I've seen Styles without the ring/neckband on quite a few occasions...

In that case; when was he actually married? I'm sure that I've seen Styles without the ring/neckband on quite a few occasions...
No, he always wears it. If not's not around his neck it's on his finger.He's been married since before he made it big, because he was saying in 2002 interviews that it was his wife's university career that played a big part in him turning down a WWF contract in January of that year.

New Japan ran a "Cage Death" match either last year or the year before. I want to say Chono vs. Fujita, but I could be way off.I'm pretty sure they've also played host to an Atsushi Onita lunatic main event in years past as well. Something involving barbed wire, explosions and possibly also a Cage.
New Japan have had two cage matchesNJPW "OSAKA DREAM NIGHT", 8/28/03 (PPV/WPW/NJ+IWTV Internet) (Buy)Osaka Prefectural Gymnasium6,000 Fans - No Vacancy9. Cage Death Match - IWGP Heavyweight Title: Yoshihiro Takayama © beat Masahiro Chono (34:06) by KO (3rd defense).NJPW "KING OF SPORTS", 3/28/04 (WPW/PPV/NJ+IWTV Internet) (Buy)Tokyo Ryogoku Kokugikan10,000 Fans - Super No Vacancy6. Cage Death Match - U-30 Openweight Title: Hiroshi Tanahashi © beat Kazunari Murakami (12:40) by KO (8th defense).In both cases, the cage was more like a Hell In The Cell cage than a traditional cage - meaning that the competitors were able to walk around between the ring and cage. The Tanahashi vs Murakami one was an Empty Arena cage match.With regards to other big gimmick matches in New JapanChono vs Onita (No Rope Explosive Barbed Wire Death Match) April 99Great Muta vs Great Nita (No Rope Explosive Barbed Wire Barricade Explosive Land Mine Death Match) August 99Chono vs Tenryu (Chain Death Match) September 04Chono & Frye vs Tenzan & Nagata (Lumberjack Death Match) October 04Chono vs Tenzan (Lumberjack & Chain Death Match) October 04

Toryumon ran an annual multi-man cage match main event under lucha rules (escape only; no escape for the first ten minutes; the last guy left when everyone else has escaped gets his head shaved or loses his mask). Some of them were quite fun. Unsurprisingly, they haven't done one since becoming Dragon Gate - there are very few lucha influences left in the company.