The Dragon Gate thread

JLM

• Paid Members

I need to be ordering that. As lovely as my Toryumon/DG/d2p mp3 collection is, it's looking rather dated nowadays. I have that theme cd which came with a Japanese theme song compendium thingy that Katsumi was selling for a bit. It has CIMA on the front of the magazine biting a record and snarling. That, a Muy Bien tour poster and my SUWA t shirt are my only pieces of DG merchandise, need to get more. I'm surprised JFFC hasn't come in here bragging about a certain t shirt he received. :angry:

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

As this is the offical Dragon Gate thread it seems, may I be the first to break the (What I'm sure a lot of people think is bad) news - Roderick Strong and Jack Evans will be appearing in Dragon Gate during December. Does this make them the first ever Gaijin to compete there?

As this is the offical Dragon Gate thread it seems, may I be the first to break the (What I'm sure a lot of people think is bad) news - Roderick Strong and Jack Evans will be appearing in Dragon Gate during December. Does this make them the first ever Gaijin to compete there?

No.Latin Lover, Disco Inferno & King Ali Baba have all competed in DG/Toryumon in the past.

As this is the offical Dragon Gate thread it seems, may I be the first to break the (What I'm sure a lot of people think is bad) news - Roderick Strong and Jack Evans will be appearing in Dragon Gate during December.  Does this make them the first ever Gaijin to compete there?

No.Latin Lover, Disco Inferno & King Ali Baba have all competed in DG/Toryumon in the past.
Disco Inferno? :confused:

• 1 month later...

Now why on earth would I want to bump this? It's not like there's a new best thing ever or anything. :(Oh wait, there is :)

11/24/2005 Korakuen Hall1. Takuya Sugawara{W}, Gamma (14:08 Shiisanputa) Little Dragon{L}, Yoshito Sasaki2. brother YASSHI w/Genova (6:56 Yasshi Lift) Milanito Collection a.t. w/Venezia3. Ultimo Dragon, Villano 3, Maximo{W} (17:47 Triangle Jump Hip Attack) Shannon Moore, Dragon the Great, Tiger the Great{L}4. Kota Iifushi{W}, Toshiaki Kawada (14:55 Swan Dive Firebird Splash) Touru Owashi, Shogo Takagi{L}5. Sekai Jr. TitleShuji Kondo (18:25 King Kong Lariat) Taiji Ishimori*V1 for Shuji...-YASSHI brought out his own pet to counter Venezias' presence. Genova looked a little more like Chewbacca than anything, but he provided the difference in the match. He interfered when Milanito had YASSHI caught in the Natare Bianco. Venezia fought him off with the usual diving Franken~Quebrada combo, but YASSHI prevailed in the ring with his long lost T2P finisher.

And apparently they're promising Milano at the next show. Wonders will never cease.

• Paid Members

Rudo hip hop wookie. Potential great band name or D2P roster member?Big catch up viewathon over Christmas holidays, thoughts and overly long ramblings imminent. You have been warned. :D Oh, and I'll edit the first batch into this post to avoid your accusing post-count based glares.

• 3 weeks later...

I usually have a beer with the wrestling, so it my house it's John Sheena. So the gag works either way.Couple of bits of interesting news, while the thread's at the top of the board:

12/10/2005 Gifu, Gifu Chamber of Commerce and Industry1. Naruki Doi, Shingo Takagi{W} (10:43 Last Falcony) Keni'chiro Arai, Katuso{L}2. Don Fujii (0:13 Body Slam) Stalker Ichikawa3. Super Shisa, King Shisa (13:30 No Contest due to Doi and Takagi Intrusion) Vangelis, Syachihoko Machine4. Masaaki Mochizuki, Susumu Yokosuka{W} (16:06 Modified Facebuster) Anthony W. Mori, Tozawa{L}5. Magnitude Kishiwada, CIMA, Masato Yoshino (1:37 No Contest due to Blood Intrusion) Genki Horiguchi, Naoki Tanisaki, BxB Hulk5b. Naoki Tanisaki{W}, Genki Horiguchi, BxB Hulk, Stalker Ichikawa, Super Shisa, King Shisa (16:37 DH) Magnitude Kishiwada, CIMA{L}, Naruki Doi, Masato Yoshino, Shingo Takagi, Don Fujii

Holy fuck, Spike Dudley just pinned The Rock~! Apparently Magu, Kid, and Ryo all had bad flu, which explains the match, and CIMA has Naoki in the first round of the upcoming singles tournament, which explains the win. I think King Shisa is a Mexican guy. Anyway, you've got to love Team Lovable Loser going over Team Arch-Satan. Hope that one makes TV.

Toryumon? - SUWA and TARU reunite In a bit of news that has many layers of intrigue, a talk live today revealed an very interesting show coming in January. On 1/24, Kobe based establishment Ring Seoul will sponsor the first "Ring Seoul Live" (called Volume 1). The show takes place in Shinjuku FACE. All in all there will be 5 matches, only 2 of which are announced. They are some big ones, though. The main event will reunite Crazy MAX mainstays SUWA and TARU, as they will take on Kensuke Sasaki and Katsuhiko Nakajima. The semi-final is Shuji Kondo and YASSHI vs. TAKA and NOAH's Yoshinobu Kanemaru.

*dribbles*Carbomb, what's the easiest way to find out if that's telivised?

• Paid Members

*dribbles*Carbomb, what's the easiest way to find out if that's telivised?

Mind where you're flinging that drool.I'm not sure, I know it won't be NHK though. Is it normally GAORA or Fuji TV who broadcast Toryumon shows?But there's no guaranteed way of telling who'll be doing this one - it's a different promotion, after all. Give me some time to look around, it could be on their website.

Archived