The Dragon Gate thread

JLM

Daniel Mishima vs Genki Horiguchi was next. Genki is great... Daniel was... ummm... not particularly. Ah well, Danny doesn't stand a chance anyway.Whaaa?Mishima won. This is the worst thing in the history of the world.

No, it's the most awesome thing in the history of the world. Danny got horribly attacked by Genki at some point, and nobody gave Danny a chance because he's a comedy guy, but he went all serious and WON, kicking out of the GODLY BACKSLIDE~! for good measure. And you have to love the Tsuruta knee attack, right?

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Paid Members

I thought PSYCHO going over Naoki was a given personally.Naoki couldn't get a meaningful win to his name going into this, I didn't think K-dojo would send PSYCHO in to job in the first round and I knew they'd have to do PSYCHO/Yossino for the Sol Naciente vs (whatever PSYCHO calls his version) thing. As for his attire, I thought it tied in with his gimmick. He's mental, so whacky hair and raggedy old 'dressed in the dark' attire is exactly what he needs.

I didn't think K-dojo would send PSYCHO in to job in the first round

How much influence do K-Dojo have, then? Every time I've heard about them or seen them they draw about fifty at Chiba Blue Field, and the roster is pretty much TAKA, Togo and a bunch of trainees. I can't see them having any sway in Dragon Gate.

• Paid Members

They may not have much influence in terms of size, but TAKA is all involved in DG affairs these days and I don't think jobbing out a K-Dojo wrestler to Naoki in the first round would be much of a good-will gesture.

I thought PSYCHO going over Naoki was a given personally.

See, that's why knowing nothing helps, because I was totally shocked. Like I said before, I didn't know Tanasaki at all, but I thought that since he was in Do Fixer now, that he might be in line for a push.So... post interval of the March PPVYOSSINO vs PSYCHO was a million billion times better than I thought it would be. PSYCHO did a different style entirely in this match, with more technical and mat stuff than I thought PSYCHO would be capable of. I hadn't been impressed with PSYCHO in the first round, but he turned it around here. Glad YOSSINO won though.Daniel Mishima vs Naruki Doi was going along alright. I'm not really buying Mishima, but I did get into his offence a bit because Blood Generation are suck pricks... but then... yeah, that accident. Ouch. I didn't realise that Mishima had fallen straight on his head, and I was surprised when the ref called for the bell... but then there were a few shots and it looked like the back of Danny's head was cracked. That was pretty scary on replay. Why in the hell aren't there protective mats??Stalker's opponent - yeah, I liked it. Saito is a biiiig barrel chested motherf*cker. Entertaining stuff... especially when Stalker actually got a couple of bits of offence. Oh, and Saito chopped Stalker's ears off!! The git!!CIMA, Don Fujii & Shingo Takagi vs BxB Hulk, Anthony W Mori & Magnum TOKYO was the semi main. Hulk is anything but Hulk-like. The poor fellow worked about 95% of the match too. He's got a few good moves, and he's a sympathetic babyface. He was getting over too... though he lost, as expected. I liked this a lot. Oh, and after the match Don Fujii got humiliated by that ringboy AGAIN! Yay ringboy!!Main event was awesome... especially once they really hit the home stretch. I love YOSSINO and I want to have his babies. He's just fantastic. Suffice to say I was gutted that he didn't win - but I'll be honet enough to say that Doi should make a great champ. Match of the night.So - I'll have to order myself April & May's PPVs next. Just looking at the April show, and that looks awesome. Main event of Ryo, Genki & Dragon Kid vs Susumu, Nakajima & K-ness??!? Dear God... if that's not a MOTY contender, I'll be shocked. Plus.... Dino on the undercard! Also, there's a mad looking opener. Why is YOSSINO teaming with evil Shingo?? What stories do I need to know going into this one?In the meantime, I may watch the dragondoor show.

• Paid Members

I thought PSYCHO going over Naoki was a given personally.

See, that's why knowing nothing helps, because I was totally shocked.
I suppose so. I try and avoid spoilers where possible (I still don't know the July PPV results and have only had one match on the June show spoiled), but for some matches the TV building up to them has added to the enjoyment immensely. Perfectly understandable if you have a mammoth unwatched pile though, the PPVs are a nicely manageable way to follow the promotion. Nakajima is an honorary Final M2K member for Korakuen hall shows and at PPVs so expect to see him semi-regularly in DG. He's not as good as Shingo though. :p Shortly after the Brave Gate PPV Yossino (now reverted to Masato Yoshino) formed a team with K-Ness. However, he couldn't get along with the other members of Final M2K and turned heel, then ended up joining Blood Generation. I still haven't actually seen this though so I can't be more specific sadly. I have the April PPV but not the TV before it, so I can't watch yet due to my chronological viewing policy. I expect my DG catch up package (covering May-August!) to arrive this week.

Nakajima is an honorary Final M2K member for Korakuen hall shows and at PPVs so expect to see him semi-regularly in DG.

Oh hell yes!

Shortly after the Brave Gate PPV Yossino (now reverted to Masato Yoshino) formed a team with K-Ness. However, he couldn't get along with the other members of Final M2K and turned heel, then ended up joining Blood Generation.

This makes me so desperately sad. :( I can't hate YOSSINO - I just can't. :(

You can and you will :angry:Stolen from Shining Road:

The king of All Japan's junior division, TAKA Michinoku, made a successful V11 defense of his AJPW World Jr. Heavyweight Title in the main event of today's K-DOJO show at Korakuen Hall. TAKA defended all three of his titles (the other two are Tohoku Jr. and STRONGEST-K), but I'll just cover the All Japan one here so as to not confuse myself. TAKA defeated Dragon Gate ace and Open the Dream Gate Champion, Masaaki Mochizuki, in close to 20 minutes. With V11 now accomplished, whatever could be next for TAKA? Well, we will find out on 9/11, when the person who grabs the fall in that three way tag match will move into top contention for a shot.

The 9/11 match is:

3. Three Way Match - AJPW World Jr. Heavyweight Title #1 Contender Match: Taichi Ishikari & Katsuhiko Nakajima vs. Shuji Kondo & "brother" YASSHI vs. PSYCHO

I can't hate YOSSINO - I just can't. 

You can and you will  :angry:

You really will. Blood Generation are the prickiest pricks who ever pricked, and you'll be shouting 'FUCKING PRICKS' at the screen and everything. Especially on June's PPV.In other news, UKFF needs an angrier smiley.

I can't stand Taka nowerdays, the podgy little...

I thought that too - he was awful when he resurfaced in Japan, he'd got all podgy due to not giving a shit during his WWE tenure. However, I watched a bunch of his matches from this summer (including a Voodoo Murders/RO&D eight man tag, a match from K-Dojo against Hi69, and some other stuff) and I have come to the conclusion that TAKA is more awesome now than he has ever been.Does anyone know what happened to MEN's Teoh, by the way? Last I saw he was carving himself up for Big Japan, which was a shame because he was awesome enough to not have to do that.

• Paid Members

Does anyone know what happened to MEN's Teoh, by the way? Last I saw he was carving himself up for Big Japan, which was a shame because he was awesome enough to not have to do that.

I think he's buggering his way through his adolescent bitch entourage which he assembled (under the pretext of training) for just that purpose.BLT, yet another QUESTION:Does "Sol Naciente" mean "Rising Sun"? I don't speak all that much Spanish. And what kind of move is it? YOSSINO's got so many moves, I just lose track.

Does "Sol Naciente" mean "Rising Sun"?

Yup. It's the highly-improbable front headscissors choke with double wristlock thing. Usually the opponent starts on their back and he rolls them into it.I say 'choke' because I think it's supposed to be one but if that's a choke then Ultimo must have trained those guys to have their carotid arteries on the sides of their necks :/

Yup. It's the highly-improbable front headscissors choke with double wristlock thing. Usually the opponent starts on their back and he rolls them into it.I say 'choke' because I think it's supposed to be one but if that's a choke then Ultimo must have trained those guys to have their carotid arteries on the sides of their necks :/
That man can do ANYTHING.

• Paid Members

It is possible to make your opponent pass out if you trap the jugular, which is on the side of the neck, though.

Archived