New Japan & ZERO-One 4.1 discussion thread

Terje Rindal

Yes. Ain't I a stinker?

It's always nice to see people improving their technique - future altercations between us promise to be a battle of human wordy chess. Or something.

Oh, and the strikeout turned out to be justified, as the match has officially been declared a no contest due to premature referee stoppage.

He still should have waited. Of course, because he's Jesus, this is further evidence of his amazing knowledge about everything ever. Like how 45,000 people are quieter on TV than 16,300.Just out of interest, how much did that cost NJ to get that decision?

• Replies 83
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

He still should have waited. Of course, because he's Jesus, this is further evidence of his amazing knowledge about everything ever. Like how 45,000 people are quieter on TV than 16,300.

Everybody knows that. Acoustics, my good man...

Just out of interest, how much did that cost NJ to get that decision?

I'd like to believe that K-1 - despite being cheating bastards - felt bad about the premature stoppage and wanted to set the record straight in an honourable kind of way.Note I said I'd like to believe that. I imagine the "cost" was to supply Nakamura for a rematch at a future K-1 show.Meltzer is reporting in the new Observer that backstage, both Botha and Butterbean - who both have boxing experience, obviously - were in agreement that the fight was stopped prematurely. Meltz also writes that "Nakamura had dominated the entire fight and would have won an easy decision."$tew

Guest StevePJC

Kensuke Sasaki. The show was absolutely dead in my opinion until he showed up. Man got booed out of the building. Why?When Tenzan was on offense, everytime he threw a punch the crowd shushed him. Why? He would hit and they would go SHHHHHHHHHHH

"Some Guy" evidently knows nothing about NJPW.These two points, for example...Sasaki walked out on NJPW a year ago to form WJ. The fans don't forget treachery like that.The fans always hiss for Tenzan's Mongolian Chops - and in anticipation of them. Dunno the origin, but it's a long-standing tradition.Also, "Some Guy" has never seen Gedo & Jado before.Yes, what a useful report. :rolleyes: Oh, and Moj... that picture is of Naofumi Yamamoto v Hirooki Goto - the first of the five dark matches which commenced at 1:30pm - a full hour and a half before the real show started at 3:00pm - so it means nothing.
I just had to register to respond to this. Paralyzer,Excuse the fuck out of me for having watched only 3 Japanese wrestling tapes before going to a Tokyo Dome show. I promise to NEVER write ANYTHING or ask ANY questions about Japanese wrestling until I have passed your puro test. I also promise to NEVER attend ANY more Japanese wrestling events until I am up to speed on the rich history of Japanese pro wrestling. If this is what I have to do to be worthly to write about or take pictures of a Japanese wrestling event that I paid good money to see than by God I'll make the sacrafice! Dude you really are a prick!Hopefully this will stay up long enough for the GOD of Puro "The Paralyzer" to read it. Sincerely,StevePJC

Paralyzer,Excuse the fuck out of me for having watched only 3 Japanese wrestling tapes before going to a Tokyo Dome show. I promise to NEVER write ANYTHING or ask ANY questions about Japanese wrestling until I have passed your puro test. I also promise to NEVER attend ANY more Japanese wrestling events until I am up to speed on the rich history of Japanese pro wrestling. If this is what I have to do to be worthly to write about or take pictures of a Japanese wrestling event that I paid good money to see than by God I'll make the sacrafice! Dude you really are a prick!

Pardon me.I think you're overreacting there, and there's absolutely no reason to get into such a fuss or to use personal insults in your first post. There's nothing wrong with being an adult, surely?Let me ask you though. How come you went to a Tokyo Dome show having only ever seen 3 tapes? I mean, surely that's got to be massively expensive for something that you only seem to have a passing interest in?

Hopefully this will stay up long enough for the GOD of Puro "The Paralyzer" to read it.

GOD of Puro? I kinda like that. :D Seriously man, you need to calm down and be a bit more rational.

I just had to register to respond to this. Paralyzer,Excuse the fuck out of me for having watched only 3 Japanese wrestling tapes before going to a Tokyo Dome show. I promise to NEVER write ANYTHING or ask ANY questions about Japanese wrestling until I have passed your puro test. I also promise to NEVER attend ANY more Japanese wrestling events until I am up to speed on the rich history of Japanese pro wrestling. If this is what I have to do to be worthly to write about or take pictures of a Japanese wrestling event that I paid good money to see than by God I'll make the sacrafice! Dude you really are a prick!Hopefully this will stay up long enough for the GOD of Puro "The Paralyzer" to read it. Sincerely,StevePJC

Ummm....where does he come off as a prick exactly? You don't have any knowlegde of NJPW, and he pointed it out. Big deal. And also, this point in your report:

If you have never been to a Japanese wrestling show it is quite the site to behold. The crowd is so silent

I've been to a few Japanese events, and none of them fit this bill at all. Very often the Tokyo Dome crowd seems silent though, so I'm not denying this to be the case for this show. But yeah, lighten up :crazy:

Guest StevePJC

Paralyzer,Excuse the fuck out of me for having watched only 3 Japanese wrestling tapes before going to a Tokyo Dome show. I promise to NEVER write ANYTHING or ask ANY questions about Japanese wrestling until I have passed your puro test. I also promise to NEVER attend ANY more Japanese wrestling events until I am up to speed on the rich history of Japanese pro wrestling. If this is what I have to do to be worthly to write about or take pictures of a Japanese wrestling event that I paid good money to see than by God I'll make the sacrafice! Dude you really are a prick!

Pardon me.I think you're overreacting there, and there's absolutely no reason to get into such a fuss or to use personal insults in your first post. There's nothing wrong with being an adult, surely?Let me ask you though. How come you went to a Tokyo Dome show having only ever seen 3 tapes? I mean, surely that's got to be massively expensive for something that you only seem to have a passing interest in?

Hopefully this will stay up long enough for the GOD of Puro "The Paralyzer" to read it.

GOD of Puro? I kinda like that. :D Seriously man, you need to calm down and be a bit more rational.
Passing interest in. Wrestler for 8 years in 4 countries and close to 1,000 matches and a fan since I was a kid. So you're saying I have to get up to speed on Japanese wrestling before I dare venture out to see a show?Yeah pal. You're a prick. I'll leave you to your "Holy" realm.

Steve PJC, make sure you come back sometime :laugh: Overreaction much? :rolleyes:Hustle-1: The booking sucks balls, who the fuck is Zebraman? Why exactly was Adamo in match 1? The show looks slighty entertaining("Hustle Time!") but nothing looks must see. This will either be a ton of fun or total shit

Oops forgot about Wrestling WorldI can't wait to see Nagata/Sasaki which from what i've read sounds awesome, Takayama/Nakamura should be good, Chono/Tenzan v Sapp/Muto might be worth a look and if it wasn't in the dome Liger/Sugiura might of been good but nothing else interests meAs said everywhere the booking's spot on except Tenzan taking the fall in the tag match. Nakamura's had near enough the best week possible and the risk seems to have paid off although i'd of liked Takayama as double champ more. The only bad to come from Liger winning the GHC Jr belt is he'll probably end up jobbing it to Marufuji :crazy: hopefully not before he defends against Kanemaru, KENTA, Kikuchi, Hashi, Juvi & Marvin.

Edited by ultimo the great

Guest LizardKing

I never meant it like that so stop taking one thing and making it another and getting completely off the point.

All I did was read your comment. There's no twisting here. You stated something, and I responded. Not really my fault there.

Your so keen that Tenzan should be pushed to the roof I bet you weren't saying that when he won the title

Errr....yeah, actually I was as it happened.

but of course you always have to moan about something.

Do I indeed, Dr Wilmot? I never realised you made a habit of following every post I make on every single message board on the whole Internet.

Your asking when Chono will do the job himself? Look at past results and you'll see how many big profile matches he lost this year so stop making something seem like it isn't.

Yes, I am questioning why Chono couldn't have jobbed in the match. To me, it made far more sense than to job Tenzan out on the big stage once more. Chono was coming back from a severely injured neck, as BR pointed out, so for him to job here would be plausible and safe booking. Chono could give the old ring rust excuse and Tenzan would at least have avoided another big stage job. But more than that, why in all these "big name inter promotional dream matches" that New Japan do, why do they usually job themselves out? Surely it would have made things a lot more interesting for Tenzan to pin Mutoh, thus setting up Kojima-Tenzan down the line.Just as a point - do you know how many jobs Chono did last (not this, btw) year? I've got better things to do than check, but I bet you he jobbed less than anyone save Nagata. It's the way he books, keeps himself safe. All my point is, is that he should be protecting other people now, not himself.

You said Tenzan has now been reduced to a jobber? That's complete crap, he's been pinned 2 times since the G1 Climax so he's a jobber.

Fair enough. My point, which you missed, was that Tenzan has gone from being company ace to being Chono's lackey once again. No, make that complete-wreck-Chono's lackey.

Your talking about Chono being crippled, that's a little extreme too

Didn't say cripple. Said near cripple. One can walk...just. The other can't.

he's just started his comeback and obviously will push himself

And why the hell does Chono need to push himself again?

which makes sense as he is a draw and having him job to someone who he doesn't need to and wouldn't help him if he's to job to maybe Nakamura later on the year?

Chono is a legend. He has kept himself so well protected job wise that when he jobs, it doesn't matter. He's exactly like Liger, who can job and it wouldn't hurt his drawing ability at all. Unlike Liger, Chono is a bit too stingy on when he jobs.You have a point about Nakamura, if they are going to go that route. But literally, if they are going to seriously do Chono-Nakamura, then they're not going to do it next month, so why would Chono jobbing to Sapp hurt this match?

Keep Chono strong which means when he does lose to someone it'll make them look even stronger instead of what you would do

No, that doesn't need to happen. Chono is a legend, as I've said. He doesn't need to keep himself strong. And, just for the hell of it, what is wrong with having Sapp pin Chono, or Tenzan pin Mutoh? They make a lot more sense than Sapp pinning Tenzan to me.

and job him to everyone because he's old and have Tenzan win every match because he's mistreated and deserves the title.

Where did I say that then? Where did I say Chono should job to everyone? Where did I say Tenzan should beat everyone? I think you'll find I didn't, thank you very much. So, perhaps you'd like to actually read my comments and respond to what they actually mean before coming back with such made up delusional nonsense.I thank you.

Report of Nakamura vs. Takayama from Stu himself:

Just watched Nakamura vs. Takayama on IWTV. Very good match, similar to their Budokan match last June. It started equally, with Nakamura showing his stuff on the mat. The turning point came when Takayama started attacking Nakamura's broken nose. Ouch. It resembled Takayama vs. Koshinaka from the 2002 G1, only Takayama wasn't taking the punishment here. Takayama worked REALLY stiff with Nakamura, throwing some full force knees, punches, and kicks to the face. Crowd was kind of quiet (although maybe Steve can tell us more, as it's often hard to hear the Dome on TV unless the majority of it is cheering), but some support evident for Shinsuke. The support really picked up later on when Nakamura began showing his fighting spirit. There was a cool scene where Nakamura did the same counter he beat Tenzan with, which got a lot of heat, but didn't finish off Takayama. Takayama kept kicking him in the face during one scene, but Nakamura kept screaming out, remniscent of Chono vs. Takayama from the 2002 G1 final. Takayama landed his running knee kick for 2.5, landed another knee shot, then hit the German for 2... Nakamura turning over and countering. Takayama screamed, then tapped out. There was a HUGE pop, then a hush, as people couldn't believe it (IWTV went off at this point). Really good, as I said, similar theme to Nakamura vs. Tenzan (slightly less one-sided), but a better match. Would have come off better in a building where you can hear the heat more, like Sumo Hall, but heat wasn't too bad. It was weird for a Tokyo Dome main event, not really a "main event", but I think the dream tag match was the "real" main event, and this was on top because of the titles on the line. Right now, Nakamura is an underdog champion who comes across as a genius who picks the right moment to get the win. I think this is a lot more convincing than him suddenly becoming invincible. However, they will need to figure out a way for Nakamura to gradually become "stronger". I think the perfect way would be to pair him above someone notable who he can be even with in terms of offense, then defeat. Then after that, it'd be easier to believe him as having equal offense to someone higher up. Having said that, the "get beat up and come back" persona might work out, because Inoki, Sasuke, Onita, and others have pulled it off with success, and Nakamura has good ring presence. It'll work better when Nakamura is a little more credible overall though. Can't wait to see where the title reign heads, we should find out his February title defense (if any) in a day or two.

Apparently Nakamura is now a genius and mixture of Antonio Inoki & Atsushi Onita ;)
With a mixture of them 2 he could turn out to be the devil himself.regards nate holynski

The only bad to come from Liger winning the GHC Jr belt is he'll probably end up jobbing it to Marufuji :crazy: hopefully not before he defends against Kanemaru, KENTA, Kikuchi, Hashi, Juvi & Marvin.

I'll go out on my own here and say that Liger will defend the GHC jr belt for a decent 8-10 months and eventually drop it to KENTA, elevating KENTA to a massive status and giving him 2005 to cement himself as the future for jr's in Japan.regards nate holynski