Paid Members Chris B Posted Monday at 11:55 AM Paid Members Posted Monday at 11:55 AM The Cornell rape story has been in my feed a lot recently, and it's leading to a lot of women asking men to do more. Especially around challenging misogynistic banter and the like. I read this article and really liked it, and there didn't seem an obvious place to share it. And we live in a patriarchy, so as a strangely-pooing, increasingly wrestling-ambivalent but bloke-heavy board, I figured it might be a useful thread to have as we all try to navigate our way through the patriarchy and not being dickheads. So, yeah. Patriarchy, rape culture, misogyny, etc. Let's figure out being good people and how we can influence others or do good where we can. The piece I'm talking about is by a sex writer, who does some really good stuff on feminism along with her erotica (so you can follow up the shot of this article with a gangbang fantasy chaser a couple of posts down). The point that really stood out to me was around backing other people up when they challenge people - and that's definitely something I've felt left out to dry on in the past, as well as supported at other times, and being supported went a lot better. https://www.girlonthenet.com/blog/how-to-be-difficult/ Quote
Members SuperBacon Posted Monday at 12:01 PM Members Posted Monday at 12:01 PM I listen to what my daughters say to be honest. Their input and POV is more valuable to me than anything else, and they keep me in check. Quote
Recommended Posts
Join the conversation
You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.