UFC Vegas: Pavlovich vs Blaydes - Apr 22 🇺🇸

wandshogun09

Who wins?  

8 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

• Paid Members
56 minutes ago, WeeAl said:

The main event slot seems to still be open for that July 8th card. At the minute it's listed as Moreno/Pantoja, but they will certainly be trying to add a second title fight to that one, either above or below the flyweight bout. 

Volk vs Yair is the fight they’re targeting for that card from what I’m seeing. Like you say, I don’t think we’re getting Jones vs Stipe anytime soon unfortunately.

Few quick thoughts…

image.gif.10ce9b150bda515a90ab2552f90fb444.gif

As said, huge statement from Big Sergei here. He’s a funny one because we still don’t really know that much about him. So far, ever since the loss to Overeem in his UFC debut, all he’s needed is his punching power. I think Blaydes made one takedown attempt but I think he was already hurt by then and Sergei easily stuffed it. And on the feet Blaydes was game and landing some shots but Sergei just clearly had the better hands. It seemed like Blaydes couldn’t figure out the range and every time he thought he was at a safe distance, Sergei surprised him with a hard jab. Then that long uppercut was the beginning of the end. He’s had success with that in a few fights now. Blaydes just couldn’t get out of the way.

C7300-A3-C-FA1-D-4-CD2-BF83-08-AB072-E6-

Scary man. 

I keep seeing negativity on Twitter about Sergei, but that’s Twitter for you. Everyone’s shit apparently. Not saying Sergei is perfect or without flaws. I haven’t seen his pre-UFC fights but I suspect there’s not that much more to his game beyond punching holes through heads. But sod it. I like him. In a division full of fat, boring blobs and lazy, sloppy brawlers, people are gonna find something to moan about with this guy? I do have my doubts about his chances against someone like Jones. But 1) I thought that about this Blaydes fight and 2) I don’t think Jones vs Pavlovich ever happens anyway. I think Jones vs Stipe, if it actually materialises, will end up being both mens last fight. Unless this UFC/WWE merger means Brock jumps back in the cage, in which case we’ll see them all clamouring for that payday. Like Al says, Sergei’s clearly the top contender now but he’s probably gonna be waiting a while for a crack at the gold. This Jones vs Stipe thing seems like it’s gonna drag on so Sergei’s probably gonna have to take another fight in the meantime. Fuck knows who against though? Gane’s the only one I can think of but that seems wrong given how he lost to Jones last time out. Winner of Rozenstruik vs Jailton? I’m clutching at straws, I know.

Bruno Silva vs Brad Tavares was shaping up to be a hell of a scrap then it was suddenly all over. I also felt like it was a little bit of a premature stoppage though…

image.gif.c25a5d0e7ace465ed4bc9154f24647af.gif

Usually I’d say it’s better to err on the side of caution and look after fighter safety but, while the knockdown looked heavy, I didn’t feel like Tavares was really given a chance to even attempt to show he was trying to fight out of it or defend himself. Pretty much as soon as he hit the deck, the ref was waving it off. All that said, I was pleased to see Silva back in the win column.

Bobby Green vs Jared Gordon ending was really disappointing. And I’ve got to say, Bobby Green fully turned heel for me this fight week. The Andrew Tate fandom was bad enough but this?…

image.gif.959ddc47ba40b1bcee2e2de979ff4106.gif

Yeah, clashes of heads happen. Unfortunate but no biggie in itself. It’s the way he’s gone on since that’s made him seem a right bollocks. Am I missing something here or am I mad for not getting what the fuck he’s angry about here? That’s a clear clash of heads, a bad clash of heads that Gordon obviously got the worst of. He couldn’t continue. That’s as clear cut a No Contest as it gets. Yet Green’s whinging like he’s been robbed of a win somehow. Like he was really expecting this to be ruled a knockout win for him despite the head clash being the thing that started it all. Then he kept up the bitching to the media after. He’d spent all fight week bragging and flaunting a stack of cash he was carrying around. Then his fight gets ruled a NC, through his own doing, and he starts crying to the media about money. Then today he’s on Helwani’s show saying Gordon should “man the fuck up”. Absolute clown. Would he be saying that if the roles were reversed and Gordon dropped the nut on him and was claiming it was a fair KO? Of course he wouldn’t. Proper berk. Feel bad for Gordon. First he gets robbed against Paddy, now this? He was nothing but class after this fight as well, despite him being the one that got fouled into near unconsciousness. Yet Green is going on like he’s been wronged? Get out. 

What else? I was happy to see Iasmin Lucindo get her first UFC win. She made an instant fan of me in her corker of a debut against Yazmin Jauregui over the summer. Wells vs Semelsberger was decent. Norma Bumont got the win and is calling for a title shot nobody needs to see but she’ll probably get it. Oh and Christos Giagos scored a hell of a knockout on the prelims. Made Ricky Glenn do a full on Flair Flop…

image.gif.8b6644ad5576d712401247e8d0618dae.gif

There was some other decent bits and bobs on the show but I can’t be arsed going into detail. It was a pretty good card all in all though, better than it looked on paper anyway. But, and I know I’m gonna sound like a broken record, they really need to fuck the Apex off now. Completely soulless and devoid of any atmosphere. 

Edited by wandshogun09