Other than Eww was there any other UK wrestling companies that were a little more 'Extreme' in the late 90s in to 00s?

Mattf1983

As above states I'm looking for more folks that wrestled a little more on the darkside I know of possibly Caimen whom did the Celtic Wrestling with a few folks and he was more on the violent side as I remembered he had a dvd out of his bloodiest matches in the early 00s but other than Eww and Dominator I'm not bringing much else up?.. 

Can anyone help.. 

Someone tried to start a promotion in 2003 with what seemed to be a more "extreme" intent. For the first show they booked Trent Acid from CZW. The second, "GWF: Aftermath" seemed to lean into this idea further - they booked Trent Acid, Jonny Kashmere and Ian Knoxx. They advertised the first UK fans bring the weapons match.

It didn't go well

The ring never turned up, it may have been sabotage. Speculation was rife.

The "best" recap I can find online is by Mr TwoSheds (a character i've not thought of in years) so I've got to assume there's a better one someone else can link.

Edited by organizedkaos

Hahaha trent acid of all people... 

Mid 00s is perfect aswell carbomb forward me any info I'll look them up I know icw in Glasgow but that's a little later, I remember a company in Peterborough advertised madman pondo coming down for a thumbtack deathmatch with there main guy never happened either was tragic a kids plastic pool with a scattering of thumbtacks etc got called off 

• Paid Members
1 hour ago, Mattf1983 said:

Hahaha trent acid of all people... 

Mid 00s is perfect aswell carbomb forward me any info I'll look them up I know icw in Glasgow but that's a little later, I remember a company in Peterborough advertised madman pondo coming down for a thumbtack deathmatch with there main guy never happened either was tragic a kids plastic pool with a scattering of thumbtacks etc got called off 

There are still quite a few of their threads left on this forum. Don't bother with the forum search, just use Google - type "UKFF Triple X Wrestling" or "UKFF TXW" and you'll get a lot of hits.

• Paid Members

I forget the name of the promotion now, but there was a Midlands group that had John Zandig and Lobo (EDIT - or was it Wifebeater? I forget) over for a deathmatch in what would've been the early 00s, probably.

2006 had the European King of the Deathmatch tournament on a show called 'Gorefest' in Colchester. That was one of Dann Read's various promotional efforts, X-Sports Wrestling, in conjunction with Germany's wXw. It started ridiculously later than advertised and then still overran terribly. I reckon the Iceman/Ian Rotten main event final is potentially still going on to this day.

Edited by Big Benny HG