Worst Match of the Year: 2018

HarmonicGenerator

Worst Match of the Year: 2018  

80 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

• Awards Moderator

Which match was the worst this year?

The contenders:

LESNAR VS REIGNS, WRESTLEMANIA

image.png.dfb5a55af457c8fe05bf3b09337f6228.png

Coming at the end of a 240 hour show, nobody cared to see Reigns kick out of 80 F5s only to be pinned by the 81st.

LESNAR VS REIGNS, SUMMERSLAM

image.png.766d3fc4ad219e9347f6122e4bace9af.png

Roman FINALLY beat Lesnar at Summerslam. But nobody cared and WWE cut the feed immediately afterwards to avoid the negative crowd reaction.

UNDERTAKER VS CENA, WRESTLEMANIA

image.png.938df162004dc2348ca394af59c63e22.png

It was a match people had anticipated for years. Nobody expected a three minute squash but that's what we got.

UNDERTAKER VS TRIPLE H, SUPER SHOWDOWN

image.png.60a1ac0c53f52454012b87f0845ca12e.png

Wrestling for the LAST TIME EVER (except for the tag match they'd have against each other a few weeks later).

UNDERTAKER & KANE VS TRIPLE H & MICHAELS, CROWN JEWEL

image.png.61bd6f98186d84fa4c30e1c770f97906.png

Shawn Michaels' comeback match, the match that he came out of retirement for, is nominated for worst of the year. This suggests it wasn't good.

• 2 weeks later...

I realise the final match on the poll is almost certainly the *actual* worst match, but damn... what that 'Mania main event symbolises is surely far, far worse. It went down like a wet fart, the match was the drizzling shits, Roman got buggered AGAIN and the whole thing ended with a shitty finish, only for them to seconds later announce Roman was getting a rematch at the Saudi show. I felt sorry for the guy at the time and still feel sorry for him now (other circumstances notwithstanding) but in many ways I feel like this really epitomises the whole rotten Roman Reigns 'saga'. Although in a similar vein, the SummerSlam match gets a pass from me just for the moment Brock lobs the MITB case like he's Tom Brady.