Moment of the Year: 2018

HarmonicGenerator

Moment of the Year: 2018  

73 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

• Awards Moderator

What was the best moment of wrestling this year?

The contenders:

BECKY LYNCH INVADES RAW

image.png.8988b51f65a43c11797ebb9afcc23552.png

Never was she more Stone Cold Becky Lynch than when she invaded Raw in the build-up to Survivor Series and stood tall despite a bloodied and broken nose.

DANIEL BRYAN ANNOUNCES HIS RETURN

image.png.11dd6541a4150a94db8216d5c8225bb7.png

"Fight for your dreams..." We never thought we'd see it, but Daniel Bryan was cleared to wrestle again and made it clear in this promo.

ELIAS AND KEVIN OWENS GET BOOED TO FUCK

image.png.085ec4e67e26f758d4c9e5acb7bf0834.png

It was probably meant as cheap heat, but the boos kept coming... and coming... for minutes on end. Heels just don't get reactions like this anymore.

GOLDEN LOVERS REUNITE

image.png.b55d8a81c3fc4a440f4caa794446d17d.png

Kenny Omega and Kota Ibushi hugged it out in a reunion that New Japan fans loved this year.

7 minutes ago, HarmonicGenerator said:

ELIAS AND KEVIN OWENS GET BOOED TO FUCK

image.png.085ec4e67e26f758d4c9e5acb7bf0834.png

It was probably meant as cheap heat, but the boos kept coming... and coming... for minutes on end. Heels just don't get reactions like this anymore.

I went for this.  I haven't watched wrestling much in recent years so I'm sure I've missed loads of great moments, but this really took me back as to what makes wrestling ace.  The smirk on Elias's face when the boos kick in and he knows the line worked is magnificent.  I also loved it because Detlef Schrempf got a mention and that Sonics team was one of the reasons I fell in love with Basketball!