Shitty experiences with companies (that also sometimes work out OK)

SpursRiot2012

• Paid Members

So, because my Samsung S7 Edge is battered to fuck, I decided to bite the bullet and get an early upgrade off EE. It was costing me £220 in early upgrade fee plus £70 up front for the handset (Samsung S9+), but I wanted the damn thing.

It was supposed to be delivered Monday but due to a joint EE/DPD fuck up, they got the address messed up and couldn't deliver it. Since then, it's been stuck in DPD's Enfield depot with EE telling me that the phone has to go all the way back to their facility in Milton Keynes before being dispatched, again via DPD, to me once more. OK. Fine. That should only take a couple of days. 

Today I see the phone is STILL sitting in DPD's Enfield depot. I ask DPD what the fuck is up and DPD says EE has to instruct them to send the phone back to Milton Keynes. I call EE who say they've  already done so. They also can't just send me another handset and just get the other one back off DPD in their own time. The one handset has to go back to EE before I can get another one shipped to me. I was pretty pissed off by this point and I guess it must have showed because, as a gesture of goodwill, EE refunded the entire £290 all-in that the upgrade cost me. I couldn't really complain about that and now it's looking like the phone will be with me by Friday or Saturday.

So, any stories of shitty companies? How about some stories of shitty companies coming good for you?

• Paid Members

To avoid having to haul them around the city, we have most of our big groceries delivered by Amazon Fresh. They're always on time, and there are insane deals, but... that's about it. Stuff turns up smashed, the delivery people get all pouty about having to bring them upstairs (so much that I normally help them, and tbf, they sometimes send 80lb girls to drag 20lb bags of cat litter around), they dump them outside the apartment door without ringing the bell, and all manner of stupid shit.

I'd stop, except they're exceptionally generous with refunds/courtesy credit. Some smashed crisps, they just refund the whole bag, no returns. Often they give $20 for inconvenience credit, and then waive the delivery charge so we can reorder the missing items. It's just too tempting to stop.

• Paid Members

@SpursRiot2012Don't you have insura.....I don't even know why I'm asking that question.

I actually had a similar experience with a new phone about 10 years ago. I upgraded to one of those Nokia N series phones and missed the delivery, so I drove up the M1 like a madman that night to get it, rather than wait for it to be redelivered the following day.

Archived