MMA Event of the Year 2017

HarmonicGenerator

MMA Event of the Year 2017  

38 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

• Paid Members

I came in here thinking I'd be voting for 217 but I've got to go with 218. 

217 was the bigger event with the bigger fights and it really delivered. You had GSP's return, Garbrandt and Dillashaw going balls to the wall and Rose Namajunas shocking the MMA world and KOing Joanna Jedrzejczyk in a round. It was a tremendous show. 

But 218 just really did it for me. It never had that blockbuster GSP main event or a big upset like Rose vs Joanna but purely as a fight card I enjoyed 218 more. There was Max Holloway solidifying himself as 'the man' by battering Aldo for a second time. It was a fantastic performance and a better fight than their first. You had Ngannou beheading Overeem which really catapulted the big man as the next big thing in MMA. You had TWO FOTY candidates in Alvarez vs Gaethje and Medeiros vs Oliveira. And on the prelims you had Light Heavyweight prospect Dominick Reyes looking like a beast and Angela 'Vinegar Tits' got battered :D 

I won't argue against anyone picking 217 or 214. Both great shows. But 218 was my favourite. It had a bit of everything.