Awards Moderator HarmonicGenerator Posted January 6, 2015 Awards Moderator Posted January 6, 2015 (edited) LAST YEAR'S WINNER: Daniel Bryan beats John Cena at Summerslam The nominations have been counted, now it's time to vote for your moment of the year for 2014! What was the moment that summed up 2014 for you? Feel free to give reasons for your choice below. The shortlist is: DANIEL BRYAN TURNS ON BRAY WYATT IN THE CAGE (RAW) HULK HOGAN, THE ROCK AND STONE COLD SHARE A RING (WRESTLEMANIA) BROCK LESNAR ENDS THE STREAK (WRESTLEMANIA) DANIEL BRYAN WINS THE WWE WORLD HEAVYWEIGHT TITLE (WRESTLEMANIA) ULTIMATE WARRIOR RETURNS TO RAW (RAW) SAMI ZAYN WINS THE NXT TITLE (NXT) Edited January 6, 2015 by HarmonicGenerator
neil is brill Posted January 6, 2015 Posted January 6, 2015 I went for Lesnar ending The Streak. I genuinely never ever thought anyone would end it, so the initial shock/reaction would've been the same no matter who beat Taker. My friends and I still talk about it 10 months on. Admittedly the aftermath hasn't been great, but in that moment, all time in the wrestling world stood still.
Awards Moderator HarmonicGenerator Posted January 7, 2015 Author Awards Moderator Posted January 7, 2015 Agreed. It was a jaw dropping moment. Landslide winner in my eyes.
Bugsey713 Posted January 7, 2015 Posted January 7, 2015 I agree. A genuinely shocking moment that will probably never be replicated
Shane O' Mac Version 2 Posted January 7, 2015 Posted January 7, 2015 The other moments would generally be good to great candidates for Moment of the Year, like Bryan winning the title, but we've seen plenty of angles where the underdog prevails to become the champion. The Streak breaking is genuinely a once in a lifetime moment.
Forrest Posted January 10, 2015 Posted January 10, 2015 Lesnar ending the streak will never be topped. They evoked an emotion that I've never felt before or will ever feel again from wrestling. It felt like someone had died. It was the only thing that still meant something to wrestling fans and to watch it be destroyed was something to behold. Surreal to think it actually happened even now.
aaron Posted January 10, 2015 Posted January 10, 2015 (edited) Lesnar ending the streak will never be topped. They evoked an emotion that I've never felt before or will ever feel again from wrestling. It felt like someone had died. It was the only thing that still meant something to wrestling fans and to watch it be destroyed was something to behold. Surreal to think it actually happened even now. Steady... I voted for Bryan winning as the feel good moment of the year, the culmination of a years build that never was. I could have also easily have voted for the streak ending, and think I did in the shocking moment poll. EDIT: No, I didn't vote for it in 'shocking moment' because that doesn't exist. Oh well. I went with the moment that made me feel the best in this poll. Edited January 10, 2015 by aaron
Recommended Posts