The NBA Discussion Thread

Art Vandelay

So BT decide to show a bunch of games at useless times for UK Fans. But the Sunday double headers which actually are at a suitable time there not showing any of those.

They are.

The early Sunday games don't start until mid-January, even in the US. BT are showing them. There's more of the schedule, right through to April here: http://www.nba.com/schedules/intl.html

Not long until the season tips off. Who's staying up on Tuesday?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JsRX7W8iBEs

I've been doing some writing and podcasting over at www.doubleclutchpodcast.co.uk. We've just posted East & West preview shows and in the next week or two, we're going to hopefully have a rather cool guest on! Check it out, if you're interested.

Any predictions for Tuesday? I'm taking Spurs and Rockets.

Well tonights the night - so tempted to stay up and suffer at work tomorrow to watch my team the Rockets against the Lakers tonight ha ! depends on the rest of the day at work I suppose ..

Did you stay up in the end? What a start so far - that Cavs @ Bulls game from Friday? Wow.

I did they were impressive enough , Laker's are such a poor side - managed to watch the Bulls V Cavs (agreed with you what a great game !) and watched the Kings/Clippers game Sunday night while waiting for the COD midnight release was really impressed with the Kings they were an exciting side to watch 

What a week it's been! Some random thoughts from me:

- Are the Kings for real? Who'd have thought that they would have looked this good early on. I reckon there's a chance they could be this year's Suns.

- Is it too early to worry about the Cavs?

- Houston looking good, but have a tough run of games coming up. Howard looking like the Dwight of old. Will they make it to the second round?

- Nobody's talking about Memphis. They've looked dangerous.

- The Clippers have looked sluggish out there. What's gone wrong, seeing as they're pretty much the same as they were last year?

- Are the Warriors the biggest threat to the Spurs in the west?

- Shumpert stepping up for the Knicks. I know it's his contract year, but he's looked awesome so far.

Oh, and how about Gordon Hayward's amazing game-winner last night to lead the Jazz past LeBron and the Cavs?!

What a week it's been! Some random thoughts from me:

- Are the Kings for real? Who'd have thought that they would have looked this good early on. I reckon there's a chance they could be this year's Suns. yeah they've been a real surprise package Cousins looks like a real player ! 
- Is it too early to worry about the Cavs? It must be , I wasn't watching when the Heat became the big 3 but surely they started off better than the Cav's 
- Houston looking good, but have a tough run of games coming up. Howard looking like the Dwight of old. Will they make it to the second round? booked myself the morning off work tomorrow to stay up tonight for the game with the Spurs can't wait and hoping we'll be 6-0 
- Nobody's talking about Memphis. They've looked dangerous.
- The Clippers have looked sluggish out there. What's gone wrong, seeing as they're pretty much the same as they were last year?
- Are the Warriors the biggest threat to the Spurs in the west?
- Shumpert stepping up for the Knicks. I know it's his contract year, but he's looked awesome so far.

Oh, and how about Gordon Hayward's amazing game-winner last night to lead the Jazz past LeBron and the Cavs?!

The Heat were equally as bad when they started out their big 3 era, you don't have to worry though, the main problem with the Cavs is Kyrie Irving. He needs to learn when to take over and when to stand aside, Lebron has been too passive though. I would still be incredibly surprised if they weren't a top 3 seed in the weak as piss East. It's far too early to worry about them.

The Kings have been decent so far! The main thing for them is Boogie Cousins is playing some serious basketball, hopefully he doesn't regress back to being a clown. They'll do amazingly well to get into the playoffs this year though, they're probably 2 players short of a playoff berth.

The only thing that has been disappointing so far this year is the injury bug is back, and it's torn the Thunder apart. I've never seen an injury list like it. Make no doubt, they'll end up in the playoffs, but they could well be the best ever 8th seed at this rate. 

Forgot to ask due to the site being down - did anyone get tickets for Knicks/Bucks in Jan ?

Na, there just too overpriced for me. When I was out in the states last year I could get tickets for Magic/Celtics (Not the greatest game but still) for as cheap as $15 an adult. There like £55 and upwards right for over here? Was when I looked. 

In other news no Marcus Smart for the Celtics for two weeks, sprained ankle, just lucky it wasn't broken and a lot more serious as he has been great in the few opening games. Also no Rondo and we beat the Bulls? Incredible...

I'm hoping that my girlfriend has got me tickets to the London game, but I guess I'll need to wait until Christmas to find out!  :xmas:  If I don't go, I'm gonna try and get over to a game in NYC next year.

Nice little rumour on The Starters the other day, one of the hosts saying that with the All Star Break extended to 10 days now, he reckons London will get All Star Weekend within the next few years, as the NBA looks at further global expansion of the brand. Would be amazing if it happened!

Going back the last couple of days...Friday night was one of the best nights of games ever. Anyone catch that tremendous Hornets/Hawks game? Lance's double OT game winner! Man...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VKmtMafKTJY

Couple of shockers last night. Didn't expect the Bucks to be the team to end the Grizzlies winning streak. The Knicks still look terrible ( :() and the Warriors are looking like the Spurs biggest threat!

To the poster above, I'd be temped to put a sneaky bet of Boogie for MVP indeed!

Edited by Art Vandelay

Jeez... There's no way I would pay that kinda money to watch the Knicks  :thumbsup:. They have to be one of the worst teams in the entire organization. That is dedicated support! Aside from Melo and Hardaway JR, there's no one on that roster I'd pay to watch. Watching Amar'e these days is hard to swallow, father time is undefeated though. Still, next year, when the contracts come off the books, I'm certain you'll go back into the top 4 seeds in the East. Who do you want to see signed next Summer? A point guard is a must surely? Does Bargnani's contract end too?

The league is missing KD big time. I can't wait to see him back with Russ and watch the Thunder start mowing down teams again.

Ant Davis is the real deal, pretty much took on the Spurs single handed last night, with a bit of help from Jrue too to be fair.

• Paid Members

Fairly new NBA fan, I saw the Detroit Pistons in London even though they lost and I took them in as my team, delved into their history and loved the sound of the Bad Boys era and also my NFL team is the Detroit Lions. Recovered fairly well after a poor start with wins over the Knicks and the Bucks, still early days though.