The NBA Discussion Thread

Art Vandelay

• Paid Members
Wow, so much to talk about.

- That Knicks performance was just horrible last night. How do you lose to THIS Lakers team, after going on a massive win streak and coming so close to grabbing the 8th seed, especially while Atlanta are losing. Just horrific stuff. I don't know if I can watch them anymore this season. I'll be shocked if Melo stays. I bet Houston is looking great to him right now...

- What do you guys make of the Blazers current fall? The West is so stacked that they could actually miss the playoffs if this continues. I mean, they lost to Orlando last night!

- Heat/Pacers tonight on BT Sport! Does it light a fire in both teams? Will Miami obliterate them on their home court? Should be a very telling game indeed.

Horrible, horrible game. I still think Carmelo will stay due to Jackson convincing him. This team needs a fuck load of work though.

So, is it time for the Pacers to officially hit the panic button? They got destroyed by the Hawks last night.

I'd love to see the Raptors go deep in the playoffs, I'm beginning to love that team.

Not long until the playoffs now! Really can't wait - the west in particular is going to be a bloodbath!

It's PLAYOFFS time! All begins this Saturday on BT Sport.

playoffbanner14.jpg

HERE is the tournament bracket and HERE are my predictions. Anyone agree?

Oh and have you seen the Toronto Raptors playoff push video? It's called 'We The North' and it's AWESOME:

. I'm picking them to bounce the Nets in a round 1 upset.

I'd also recommend the Grantland Bill Simmons & Jalen Rose Playoff preview videos. They've been awesome so far: http://grantland.com/billandjalen/

Roll on Saturday!

• 2 weeks later...

Not sure if anyone's still on the thread, but....

Wow, what a few days in the NBA. Some thoughts:

- It's been really disgusting to read the comments made by Clippers owner Donald Sterling. To be caught on tape saying that you don't want black people at your games is horrific. I feel bad for the Clippers employees, fans and players, because it's not their fault. Adam Silver is investigating and has said that it will be resolved by tomorrow (next Clippers home game). I can see the NBA banning him, fining him the maximum and forcing him to sell the team. The Clippers looked understandably distracted last night against the Warriors, I hope this doesn't ruin their series and championship hopes. Tomorrow's home game for them will be interesting, to say the least! Sterling has been banned from going any further games, pending investigation. I think it's just a matter of 100% provong that it's his voice on the tape and then he'll be gone.

- How about Steph Curry's shooting performance last night? Never seen anything like it. Best shooter in NBA history?

- This OKC/Memphis series has been one for the ages. I still think that Memphis have a real chance of eliminating OKC, despite the Thunder taking that last game to tie the series. OKC's lack of a low post threat and their tendancy to shoot the three way too much could ruin them.

- It's not looking good for the Bulls or Rockets. Portland up 3-1 and now Washington also up 3-1. It's looking all but certain that both Portland and Washington will advance to the next round. I actually wouldn't be surprised to see Washington reach the conference finals.

- Anyone see LeBron starting down Michael Jordan when he went up for the dunk in Charlotte? Ooft!

- Anyone think that Dallas could knock out the Spurs? Vince Carter's game-winner the other day was unreal.

- Overall, easily the best opening Playoff round I've ever seen so far. Many are calling it the best first round in NBA history.

• 1 month later...

I still remember last years going down. I was working away in India, and with the time difference, I was getting into work and managing to keep up with the final period whilst there. Still remember trailing them and trailing them and then Ray Allen with the 3 points!!!!

796aa81f-ce84-4c3a-8461-1bb707ddc19c-620x372.jpeg

That was an important win in SA, much more condifent at 1-1, 2-0 down wouldn't be end of the world but it would of cranked up the pressure for sure

Bug Game tonight, More for the Spurs I feel, knowing how we respond after losses if we can win today they will have to find a way to do what nobody has done for 47 games and beat us back to back in the playoffs if they are to win the title, the new format I feel slightly gives us an edge now, Having Game 6 at home could be huge advantage for us.

How good was that 3rd qtr the other night, great basketball from both teams, We started really poorly and it was a miracle how we ere level at the half really, Lebron turned up big time in the 3rd.

Spurs missing the 4 FTs though was a huge swing in our favour.

Both teams I feel could just as easily be 2-0 up, We were on top in Game 1 until Lebron started feeling the cramps late 3rd, early 4th qtr and who knows what would of happend had he stayed fit for the 4th, and likewise if Spurs had made the FTs it could of changed the whole makeup of the last 3 mins.

Still long way to go, I predicted Heat in 6 before the start, I felt we would both split at home, but we would take Game 5 in SA and win it in Miami in Gme 6, I'll stick to that for now

Pryko, I think you're doing the Spurs a huge disservice there. They are the clear favourites with most U.S bookmakers still too. I certainly don't see it ending in 5 anyway, be incredibly shocked should that happen.

To be honest, for the NBA landscape, it would be more interesting if the Spurs did win, the Heat team will break up should they fail the 3-peat, plus only Norris Cole is under a guaranteed contract for next season. If the Heat win it, no way are any of the big 3 leaving a chance of a 4-peat like that, but should they lose I think Pat Riley will shop Bosh for some younger legs, the start of a slow rebuild. (Around Lebron, if he stays that is.)