The NBA Discussion Thread

Art Vandelay

The fact that the Wizards never even got a meeting with Durant is incredible, when you think about all the work they've done over the years to put themselves in a position to sign him.

Here's a cool NBA Transactions tracker from ESPN: http://espn.go.com/nba/transactions

And an NBA Free Agency Tracker too: http://www.nba.com/freeagents/2016/

The NBA reddit also has a cool all in one tracker, if you prefer it there: https://www.reddit.com/r/nba/comments/4pbxqi/2016_nba_free_agent_tracker/

Regarding Dwight, I could see him ending up in Dallas. Either that or the Knicks are going to be the Knicks and overpay him... :closedeyes:

- Batum agrees to new five year, 120 million deal with the Hornets.

- Drummond likely re-upping with Detroit for five years, 130 mil.

- Portland have offered Chandler Parsons a four year deal.

- Jordan Clarkson re-ups with the Lakers

- DeMar Derozan agrees new deal with Toronto for 5 years, 139 mil.

Knicks apparently targeting Eric Gordon. Jesus, it's like we're trying to put together the most injury prone team possible. What happened to chasing Courtney Lee? I'm scared...Knicks gonna Knick.

Jesus there's some inflated wage packets there right? Mozgov on a ridiculous deal as said. I don't personally think Derozans worth 139mill at 5 years. Guy can't shoot and has never majorly impressed me.

• Paid Members

Derozans deal is silly for me as well because as you said he just isnt a good shooter. Drummond and Batum I can actuallu understand there contracts.

Im actually hoping Gordon ends up at the Pacers as the numbers being mentioned for him are more resonable then some.

Saying that we don't have anything close to the injury history as the Knicks so our team is less off a concern

I hope the Knicks prove me wrong but we'll probably end up with Melo, Rose, Noah and Gordon (if he signs) only playing like 20 games together due to injury.

Bill Simmons ripped the Knicks on Any GIven Wednesday this week and talked about how they have this knack for signing guys to ridiculous deals once they're past it. I'm a huge Knicks fan, but sadly it's pretty spot on.

I'm off work today, so I'm sitting with ESPN Radio on. I wish we could watch the US channel here. BT Sport's version misses out so much.

Yeah Whiteside seemed to have a few options available to.

Is that Knicks team good enough to take you guys to the playoffs realistically? Even if all four of those rarely play together, I'm struggling to see what your plans are. They're certainly not gonna win you a championship and it isn't building towards the future.. Then again that's pretty much what you just summed up!

Yeah Whiteside seemed to have a few options available to.

Is that Knicks team good enough to take you guys to the playoffs realistically? Even if all four of those rarely play together, I'm struggling to see what your plans are. They're certainly not gonna win you a championship and it isn't building towards the future.. Then again that's pretty much what you just summed up!

Yeah, I don't know what their vision is. If they sign Gordon to a one year deal then maybe it's ok, but I dunno. I worry that they're not going to focus on the development of Porzingis enough. I guess we shall see...

Jeremy Lin signs with the Nets, 3 years $36 million. Terrible team...I would not want to play for them right now. Probably the bleakest outlook of any team in the league right now. Good to see him get paid though, he was good last season in Charlotte. It's a good deal for the Nets too.

Edited by Art Vandelay

Nets doing whatever they can to get out of there rut mind. Theres been a fair few suggestions floating about there looking to bolster there teams in a similar Manor to the Knicks. Bringing in mostly Veterans. I'm all for watching those teams when I'm not watching mine mind, it's like watching your United's/Chelsea's in football here. You do it because of the names.