The NBA Discussion Thread

Art Vandelay

I'm really starting to dislike the Warriors. They've been really petty and shitty all playoffs. Amazing to think a lot of neutrals want a Lebron team to win over them, would have been crazy to think a year ago. The Draymond suspension has been a long time coming, it won't make a difference though, this series is done.

You think it ends tomorrow night or goes back to Cleveland?

Aaaaand the Finals are still alive. What a night for LeBron and Kyrie! I mean, two truly exceptional performances. Pressure is still firmly on Cleveland to win the next game though. Losing two straight finals at home would be awful for them.

I want this thing to go 7 now. Cavs win next game, send it back to Golden State and then we have the whole story of a team possibly coming back from 3-1 to win the title. It'll be great drama - plus, it'd be better for the Warriors to win at home.

Knowing how hot and cold the Cavs can be though, they'll get blown out next game to end it.

Game day!

Surely the Cavs have to force a game 7 tonight? I don't know how much impact Bogut being out will have, but I do wonder if they'll try and bait Draymond into foul trouble?

What do you make of JR Smith opting out before the Finals are even over? Seems like odd timing to me.

Also, what do you guys make of these Bulls trade rumours? Seems they are very open to getting shot of D-Rose.

I hope the Cavs do force a game 7 but I can see them getting blown out tonight. JR did the same last year and never got a decent offer and ended up resigning for less than he had before. This year he might get a few suitors but he'll never get the contract his agent thinks he's worth. Unless he has some decent veteran presence around him, with a place with no night life he's a train wreck waiting to happen again. 

I can understand the Bulls wanting to move D Rose, he's essentially the modern day Penny Hardaway isn't he? Probably even better than Penny was before his injuries, how good he would have been we'll never know. I saw the T-Wolves were linked with Butler but everyone is saying they won't deal to Thibodeau, which makes sense. Rose to Memphis is the most likely scenario. 

What a crazy night! Unbelievable night for the Cavs and especially LeBron. Regardless of what happens, LeBron for Finals MVP.

Did anyone see Ayesha Curry's tweet after Steph was thrown out, saying that the NBA is rigged? So salty man, NOT a good look for Steph and Ayesha. She comes across as someone just desperate for her own reality show now. Brian Windhorst also DESTROYED her on ESPN after the game for saying it.

Game 7 man...I cannot wait. I want the Cavs to win this BADLY.

Did anyone see Ayesha Curry's tweet after Steph was thrown out, saying that the NBA is rigged? So salty man, NOT a good look for Steph and Ayesha. She comes across as someone just desperate for her own reality show now. 

The ghost of 2002 still looms large.

But yeah, a petty reaction. This wasn't the first time she's tweeted something questionable during the finals. They were reading out some of her tweets on First Take earlier in the week.  It's a shame, because she's meant to be a decent character otherwise. 

Can't wait for game 7. 

Did anyone see Ayesha Curry's tweet after Steph was thrown out, saying that the NBA is rigged? So salty man, NOT a good look for Steph and Ayesha. She comes across as someone just desperate for her own reality show now. 

The ghost of 2002 still looms large.

But yeah, a petty reaction. This wasn't the first time she's tweeted something questionable during the finals. They were reading out some of her tweets on First Take earlier in the week.  It's a shame, because she's meant to be a decent character otherwise. 

Can't wait for game 7. 

Twitter absolutely roasted her for it. There's some gold online. She definitely needs to keep away from Twitter during game 7. Just makes the Warriors look whiney.

Game 7 the most important of LeBron's career? It's legacy-defining stuff. If he wins, he makes history AND goes down as a top 5 player of all time, in my opinion.

Game 7 man...I cannot wait. I want the Cavs to win this BADLY.

Cleveland definitely deserve to win now, it would be awesome for LeBron to win it for them too. To go from hated to beloved would be remarkable in itself and I wonder if the same Cavs fans who burned his jersey now root for him. He's for sure the finals MVP so far.

The Warriors temper tantrums, fouling, wannabe tough guy acts meant they've gone from fan favorite's to heels. Only guys who haven't resorted to cheap tactics are Klay and Livingston. I think for a team that's so good to go down the route they have speaks volumes. Steph has got a bad attitude problem now and he acted way immature throwing his mouth piece when he got ejected. Its a shame game 7 isn't in Cleveland but if the Cavs of the two last games turn up they've got it in the bag. I wonder if their 73-9 season will be seen as a bust if they don't win the championship in front of their home fans?. If anything we will see Cavs defy the odds and Bron bring the Championship home to a heroes welcome or GSW spoils the fairytale ending and cap their near perfect season. I think a ton of people view the Warriors definitely now so it won't be the same glowing reception from the NBA fans they got last season. For some reason though I still can't look beyond a Warriors win but I'm hoping Bron, Kyrie, Mo and the boys prove me wrong.

Edited by Really Big Shoe

Mo Williams is the best cheerleader in the NBA, alongside Robert Sacre! He deserves a ring for his previous tenure. Shoutout to Tristan Thompson who was sensational last night too.

But man, Lebron James.... He's on a level only he can reach right now in the modern game, this is the LBJ from 2012. He's ruthless and i love it. Kyrie has been superb too. If Lebron gets a supporting cast  like the last two games, Cleveland might just do the near impossible. 

Yeah. They've become a bunch of bitches and it's quite sad really as they were one of the most likeable teams in years. I suppose that's what pressure does to you. Still, they've not acted with dignity at all. If the Cavs do win on Sunday, it should make for interesting viewing!

I know that the Warriors have had this historic season and all, but I actually think it's a better story if the Cavs win with LeBron bringing a title back, Cleveland's first championship in however long it's been, the turmoil the team's been through etc.

In case you didn't see it, here's the clip of Windhorst putting Ayesha Curry on blast last night:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FN0jyzgHsKw