"The Inferno Kid" - Stratford Fringe Festival

Majik

I'm in Bouncers at the moment at The Stratford Fringe, and saw a poster for "The Inferno Kid" - a fringe show which looked loosely based on the fall of Tommy Billington. Well, tonight I went to see it, and it was f'n brilliant. The lead guy wrote the play as well, but his performance was outstanding. Seriously impressed, and I'm highly recommending it to anyone in the area who fancies seeing some niche wrestling theatre.

The lead character "Terry"'s descent into drug induced madness is well handled, and there's some touching bits where you can see beneath the northern hard man image he portrays into a caring but damaged fallen hero. Naturally, it's then ripped away again when he's an utter twat to his long suffering wife...

Just thought it was worth giving anyone in the area a heads up - it deserved a bigger audience than it got.

ik-poster-2.jpg

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=playe...p;v=dobKCbzXN9Y

PS -If you do decide to come see it, it starts at 9:30, which gives you just enough time for a pint once you've finished seeing Bouncers at 9pm (7:30 start) ;)

I believe it was on at the Birmingham ICC not long back, so it might be on else where in time, if any one can confirm it.

can't seem to find it anywhere that it was at the ICC however it was at the Crescent Theatre. http://www.facebook.com/theinfernokid there is the FB page there is no other upcoming dates at the minute so i guess to know when he's going to be carrying it on, it's best liking the page

• 2 weeks later...

So Alex has dropped me a line to let me know that the show is coming to the Blue Orange Theatre in Birmingham (Jewellery quarter) on Friday 12th and Saturday 13th July - 9pm start both nights.

Tickets are

Archived