Kamikaze Pro 2 - Enter Sabu.. 4th August 2013

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Front row tickets for this event now completely sold out!!

Second row and general admission going fast also. Looks like this event is going to sell out!

Is is just a 5 match card?

Front row tickets for this event now completely sold out!!

Second row and general admission going fast also. Looks like this event is going to sell out!

Is is just a 5 match card?

7 matches. The 6th is being announced tonight with the 7th being revealed on the night.

Are there still second row tickets left? I've all ready bought four, however i might have someone else looking to join us.

Really looking forward to the show! Was it a lively crowd last time?

Yes front row is sold out, general only a couple left, but you should be o.k. for second row. If you pm me your name you bought it under, I will reserve one for alongside your original tickets.

The crowd here was a very rowdy bunch on our first show. Lets hope for the same this time.

• Paid Members

Great show lads! Very promising stuff, looking forward to your next event.

First of all, the good stuff;

- Most of the matches were excellent. Dunne/Robbie, Hunters/BrookesDan and, despite the weird crowd reaction, Pete/MK (which was my personal MOTN) were the stand out contests. Everyone else worked really hard as well.

- Venue was great, for British indie standards. I'm not the biggest fan of low ceilings but the guys worked around it tremendously. Also, cheap drinks! A huge tick from me!

- Really refreshing to see an event being filmed. Gives the show a great vibe.

- For the most part, the crowd were superb. Plenty of booing and hissing and funny asides. Looking forward to seeing how the crowd reactions develop if you run the place regularly.

Now, i hate doing this, but there were some niggles as well;

- The late start. 40 minutes late is really bad, even for an indie event. The crowd were not in the best of spirits when the event finally started. I don't know what the issues were, but a little update and an apology every now and again would of been fantastic.

- The main event. Advertised as a 'Falls Count Anywhere' match, this was nothing of the sort. It was still a solid and enjoyable match, but it reeked of BS, especially the finish. The crowd roared when the announcer announced the impromptu rematch under FCA rules, only to go sour again after Sabu won 30 seconds in. C'mon fellas, that was a bit harsh. Again, i'm not being a dick, it was still fun seeing Sabu live, but you didn't deliver what you said you were going to.

- The merch stands selling WWE stuff need to go. It makes the wrestlers at your show seem small time. Sell wrestler's merch, sell your merch, hell even sell other indie wrestling DVD's to create more awareness of the scene. Selling the products of WWE (or even TNA) really highlights to people the 'negatives' of your product, at a point when you are trying to accentuate your positives.

- This point isn't your fault, but there were a couple of 'Too Cool For School' types at the event, who only really seemed to be there to rag on everybody. This was especially relevant during the Dunne/MK contest, where a superb match was smeared by a couple of imbeciles trying to act edgy and cool. They were sitting well away from me, but i wanted to shut them up myself to be honest as i heard every moronic comment clear as day (as could everybody else).

Other than those points, it was a great show, top to bottom! Highly enjoyable night of action.

- Most of the matches were excellent. Dunne/Robbie, Hunters/BrookesDan and, despite the weird crowd reaction, Pete/MK (which was my personal MOTN) were the stand out contests. Everyone else worked really hard as well.

- Venue was great, for British indie standards. I'm not the biggest fan of low ceilings but the guys worked around it tremendously. Also, cheap drinks! A huge tick from me!

- Really refreshing to see an event being filmed. Gives the show a great vibe. (1)

- For the most part, the crowd were superb. Plenty of booing and hissing and funny asides. Looking forward to seeing how the crowd reactions develop if you run the place regularly.

- The late start. 40 minutes late is really bad, even for an indie event. The crowd were not in the best of spirits when the event finally started. I don't know what the issues were, but a little update and an apology every now and again would of been fantastic.

- The main event. Advertised as a 'Falls Count Anywhere' match, this was nothing of the sort. It was still a solid and enjoyable match, but it reeked of BS, especially the finish. The crowd roared when the announcer announced the impromptu rematch under FCA rules, only to go sour again after Sabu won 30 seconds in. C'mon fellas, that was a bit harsh. Again, i'm not being a dick, it was still fun seeing Sabu live, but you didn't deliver what you said you were going to.

- The merch stands selling WWE stuff need to go. It makes the wrestlers at your show seem small time. Sell wrestler's merch, sell your merch, hell even sell other indie wrestling DVD's to create more awareness of the scene. Selling the products of WWE (or even TNA) really highlights to people the 'negatives' of your product, at a point when you are trying to accentuate your positives. (2)

- This point isn't your fault, but there were a couple of 'Too Cool For School' types at the event, who only really seemed to be there to rag on everybody. This was especially relevant during the Dunne/MK contest, where a superb match was smeared by a couple of imbeciles trying to act edgy and cool. They were sitting well away from me, but i wanted to shut them up myself to be honest as i heard every moronic comment clear as day (as could everybody else). (3)

Other than those points, it was a great show, top to bottom! Highly enjoyable night of action.

1: Most shows these days are filmed even if not to be sold via DVD but yeah you'll be lucky to not find a show being filmed.

2: Plenty of brit wres shows sell WWE, TNA and American merch even if its not the people running the shows wrestlers can make a buck by selling things from the current big companies.

3: And yet again you're bound to find these kinds of people at shows no matter what, i mean i've even done it myself where because the product is stale you try and make it cool for yourself but i understand what you mean also.

• Paid Members
highlights to people the 'negatives' of your product, at a point when you are trying to accentuate your positives.

Could you explain what the 'negatives' are?

There are no real negatives, hence why i used quote marks around the word negative. Surely you understand the point i'm trying to make?

• Paid Members
2: Plenty of brit wres shows sell WWE, TNA and American merch even if its not the people running the shows wrestlers can make a buck by selling things from the current big companies.

3: And yet again you're bound to find these kinds of people at shows no matter what, i mean i've even done it myself where because the product is stale you try and make it cool for yourself but i understand what you mean also.

Selling the show DVD's of big companies at an event where you're trying to advertise British indy talent just seems so backward. Sell American indie stuff if you need to, but make the fans believe that not everything begins and ends with WWE/TNA.

It wasn't a bad match, at all, that's why it annoyed me so much. A real stiff, high impact match between two great British talents. No sooner had the first competitor came through the curtain, they were ragging on it. And not in a funny, light hearted way. I've been to my fair share of shows, but never been annoyed to this degree before.

- The merch stands selling WWE stuff need to go. It makes the wrestlers at your show seem small time. Sell wrestler's merch, sell your merch, hell even sell other indie wrestling DVD's to create more awareness of the scene. Selling the products of WWE (or even TNA) really highlights to people the 'negatives' of your product, at a point when you are trying to accentuate your positives.

I think Brian Dixon has a few million quid in the bank that says otherwise.....

- Really refreshing to see an event being filmed. Gives the show a great vibe.

- This point isn't your fault, but there were a couple of 'Too Cool For School' types at the event, who only really seemed to be there to rag on everybody. This was especially relevant during the Dunne/MK contest, where a superb match was smeared by a couple of imbeciles trying to act edgy and cool. They were sitting well away from me, but i wanted to shut them up myself to be honest as i heard every moronic comment clear as day (as could everybody else).

Glad you enjoyed the show, appreciate your feedback. Just would like to point out a few things.

1. The show did not start 40 minutes late. We opened the doors earlier than are scheduled time of 5.30 since their were over a 100 people outside and in the lobby. The show actually started at 6.15. 15 minutes later than our advertised time, purely and simply because people were still coming in. We actually also did make an announcement at 6.05 making people aware of this and the delay.

2. The venue was full to capacity, Falls Count Anywhere or not, the fans safety is the first concern. It would not have been safe for them to wrestle all over the venue. People paid their money to see Sabu wrestle and some paid to see him use weapons. He did both.

3. Every wrestling event you go to there will always be someone shouting something out you personally don't agree with. Anyone who comes to events has freedom of expression, obviously within reason.

4. I appreciate your business advice about not selling WWE merchandise, if we need any more advice we will be sure to be in touch :)

Archived