UK Independant Scene In The Midlands

Larger Than Life

Hey peeps, I've recently started to re-use this forum after about five years or so I think. So apologies if this is in the wrong place. I see it's changed slightly from what I remember (Mods etc). Nice to see familiar posters still here along with their avatars :D, even if I rarely post. Anyway moving on..

I want to start going to see some UK indy shows again. I'm about eight miles from Stratford-Upon-Avon and at least 30 miles from the nearest show from what I can find. I remember a show at Rugby I saw, I thought there was some around the Cov area too. Are any of these still going? I've looked at the Wrestle Midlands event in the UK Thread. Looks interesting. I also think I found something about a group in Leicester? Which are the good promotions I should look out for in the 'midlands'? Even slightly further afield(sp?). Any wrestlers of note to see would also be great?

Also I'm just curious as to what the going rate is for a wrestler in the UK. And how much a show would cost to put on? I can't see how they turn a profit. If anyone can help on this front?

Help is much appreciated and thanks in advance :)

Thanks again for the replies.

The Fight Club Pro Vs CZW, I don't think is my cup of tea. Does CZW still do crazy shit with lightbulbs and stuff? Couldn't do the Friday night but Saturday is a possibility...

The TIW one is on that same weekend but it's probably just a little too far to travel as I'm in London early morning on the Sunday.

I can't say I've heard of much of the names on the card in Cov but at

Thanks again for the replies.

The Fight Club Pro Vs CZW, I don't think is my cup of tea. Does CZW still do crazy shit with lightbulbs and stuff? Couldn't do the Friday night but Saturday is a possibility...

The TIW one is on that same weekend but it's probably just a little too far to travel as I'm in London early morning on the Sunday.

I can't say I've heard of much of the names on the card in Cov but at

Archived