PROGRESS Chapter Three: Fifty Shades Of Pain

The final Progress Report before Chapter Three: Fifty Shades Of Pain.

Featuring a full run-down of the card and the final match made official: RJ Singh vs Rob Cage, if Rob wins he joins the Bollywood Empire permanently... but everything isn't as it seems in this match-up, Cage has his own agenda...

http://youtu.be/HIi48MHvopA

• Replies 43
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Paid Members

Some live news and notes coming through from this one, courtesy of GadgetMan:

- Jeremy Borash is there, and they are filming some stuff for TNA British Bootcamp with Marty Scurll and Spud. "Crowd reactions are nuclear for this". Borash says we might see Spud vs. Scurll at Wembley Arena (January?). Spud says they'll do the match right here and now, but then backs out at last minute. Conclusion to all this is Marty being made the special guest referee for the tag team main event.

- MK McKinnan isn't there, so in a "good opener" Noam Dar beat Paul Robinson with a knee-bar at 11:41. "Dar impressed as always".

- Mark Andrews retains the "BWC Scarlo Scholarship Title" by beating Xander Cooper with a shooting star press in 8:51. Gadge says "I was actually a bit underwhelmed by that actually, it never got going for me". Actually, actually.

- The tag team of Danny Garnell and Darrell Allen is now known as "THE BASTARD SQUAD". #namethattagteam, you see. The Bastard Squad is beaten, however, by The London Riots, when Allen is powerbombed coming off the top at 12:25. "It was a war". Riots beat up Garnell after the the fall too, then cut a promo which apparently led to a "Book the Bris-coes (clap clap clapclapclap)" chant. "Tasty".

- Jon Ryan vs. Jimmy Havoc in a "Strictly No Blood, No Hardcore" match goes 3:35 before Ryan is disqualified. Ryan was the target of "Gillberg" and "Right Said Fred" chants. Seemingly fed up of playing by these rules, Ryan and Havoc start over in a "non-sanctioned Hardcore War". Havoc takes a staple-gun to the conkers and the traditional Ryan vs. Havoc favourite powerbomb through an ironing board, before Ryan finally puts him away at 14:36 with a cradle-tombstone into drawing pins, followed up immediately by a German suplex into a barbed wire board. Ryan and Havoc hug afterwards, legit~ respect-style.

- After interval, RJ Singh beat Rob Cage in 7:27 with the Ethnic Submission. "Singh and his entourage the stars here".

- Stixx attacks The Lion Kid during his entrance and injures his knee against the ring post. Stixx then beat The Lion Kid in the subsequent match, at 12:20, with crucifix powerbomb. Gadge describes this as having "a couple of messy spots, otherwise decent".

- In the main event, Dave Mastiff & Greg Burridge beat Nathan Cruz & El Ligero in 18:10. Marty was the guest ref, remember, and refused to count pins for Ligero and Cruz on Mastiff. Ligero turned on Cruz with a superkick, then Mastiff pinned him after the Big Bad Cannonball. "Loads of storyline twists".

- Cruz vs. Ligero announced as the main event for Chapter Four in November (think they're in a new venue for that one), with tickets going on sale to mailing list members tomorrow morning. Gotta be quick...

• Paid Members

Really enjoyed the show, have just read on Twitter that the Havoc vs Ryan bloodbath was Jon Ryan's retirement match, what a way to go out.

That said, the main event was the best thing on the show for me. Loads of character and storytelling and the most consistent action as well. As someone who isn't a massive Burridge fan, I loved his more aggressive attitude in this one, Mastiff slotted into Progress perfectly (ooer), the what's going on with Ligero storyline is SO well done, and that's without even mentioning the champion and Scurll as the ref!

Bring on November 25 at The Dome in Tufnell Park..

Results in brief from PROGRESS Chapter Three: Fifty Shades Of Pain

Jeremy Borash walked out to host a filmed-for-TV microphone challenge (for TNA's British Boot Camp) featuring Rockstar Spud, The Blossom Twins and Marty Scurll. After the segment, Marty inserted himself into the main event as special guest referee.

Noam Dar beat Paul Robinson via submission.

Mark Andrews retained the BWC Title vs Xander Cooper by pinfall.

The London Riots beat The Bastard Squad (Danny Garnell/Darrell Allen) by pinfall. The Riots then attacked Garnell post-match and fractured his leg with a combination of chair and cricket bat.

Jimmy Havoc beat Jon Ryan by DQ after Ryan hit Havoc with a frying pan. Havoc asked PROGRESS Management to make another match immediately with a no-DQ stipulation. Jon Ryan beat Jimmy Havoc by pinfall after a brutal hardcore war. This was Jon Ryan's retirement match.

RJ Singh beat Rob Cage via submission.

Stixx beat Lion Kid via pinfall.

Greg Burridge and Dave Mastiff beat El Ligero and Nathan Cruz via pinfall, Mastiff pinned Cruz.

Next show: Sunday 25th November at The Dome in Tufnell Park (temporary home due to a date clash at The Garage).

• Paid Members

Chapter 4 being called "The Ballad of El Ligero" is so great. Got second row tickets in the mental pre-sale last night after front row sold out in FOUR MINUTES!

Dar vs MK was the match that made up definately decide to go, so was really gutted when MK had to pull out, but it couldn't be helped.

First time seeing the London Riots in action and I was very impressed, they had a cracking match (and if it wasn't for Havoc and Ryans mental death match they would have been the best match on the card). I can't wait to see them against The Hooligans at IPW next weekend, it is going to be a war. The Briscoes would be immense if Progress could bring them in, but I'm not counting on that happening too soon.

Also first time seeing Allen too and again I was very impressed.

Havoc and Ryan had a blinding death match, absolutely insane stuff and the finish was awesome. Shame to see Jon Ryan go but he certainly went out in a blaze of glory. Hope the guys didn't hurt themselves too badly as some of the stuff they took looked brutal (the frying pans to the head, Jimmys head through the barbed wire board, etc).

The crowd was very vocal but a lot of the chants or people shouting seemed to be more about trying to get laughs than actually cheering on the wrestlers in the match. So there was certainly an atmosphere but it was an unsual one that I haven't really seen at any other UK shows, personally I prefer the atmosphere that can be generated when the fans are really buying into the match and cheering on their favourite but each to their own. It certainly made Progress unique.

Archived