PROGRESS Chapter Two: The March Of Progress

ThisIsProgress

• Paid Members

Off-topic rant: I'd love to know what excuse people have for having a ref in jeans. It's not like plain black trousers (or jogging bottoms, even!) are like gold dust. One trip to Primark or wherever and you save undermining the entire show. Nobody's taking it seriously if there's a ref in jeans.

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Off-topic rant: I'd love to know what excuse people have for having a ref in jeans. It's not like plain black trousers (or jogging bottoms, even!) are like gold dust. One trip to Primark or wherever and you save undermining the entire show. Nobody's taking it seriously if there's a ref in jeans.
This footage was from a student show, 95% of the crowd were friends and family. The show was used to give the students crowd experience, try out the camera/editing and raise money for a very good cause.Also, the ref is a notable British wrestler who was on hand to help out and got pushed into reffing as a bit of a rib.

• 2 weeks later...
  • Paid Members

Wow that DVD bundle is atrocious!

Out of interest, what did the actual discs look like? Printed? Stuck on label jobby?

Imagine them on offer on a merch table, you'd piss yourself laughing at them and consider why you turned up for the event. Scandalous IMHO.

The lineup so far, including the new announcement:

Nathan Cruz vs Marty Scurll - PROGRESS Title Match, 2 Out Of 3 Falls

Noam Dar vs Darrell Allen

The Velocity Vipers vs The London Riots

NEW MATCH ANNOUNCED: El Ligero vs Greg Burridge vs RJ Singh - #1 Contender's Match

Two further matches will be revealed in next week's Progress Report.

I actually like the look of the DVDs. Yeah, it's going to offend Johnny Bookcase who can't categorize it properly, but I'd match rather have this than generiposter #432 with 6 wrestlers in tough-guy poses with a dark red splashed on black background photoshop job like every other promotion. As mentioned before, it appeals to DIY geeks and makes them stand out compared to other promotions. One man's cheap, is another man's unique. If you saw this in a rack of BritWres DVDs, you'd pick it up and have a look, because it sticks out. I like it. Anyway, I think I'll give the DVD a shot soon. I love the idea of the Vipers and Riots fighting, because they're such unknowns. What a platform for them to break out on. As NWN! drongos would say... TOTAL SUPPORT.

Wow that DVD bundle is atrocious!

Out of interest, what did the actual discs look like? Printed? Stuck on label jobby?

Imagine them on offer on a merch table, you'd piss yourself laughing at them and consider why you turned up for the event. Scandalous IMHO.

To be fair, I think they are going for an underground, bootleg look consistent with selling DVD's out of the trunk of a car rather than somebody trying to make a "professional looking effort" which looks awful and cheap by industry standards. I imagine it also keeps costs down. Smart really.

Archived