WWE and Sky+

tom

• Paid Members

We've finally dragged ourselves into modernity by getting a Sky+ HD box with SkyHD subscription and I'd like to pick the brains of the people who record WWE programming with Sky+ :

How often does RAW run past its scheduled end time on the Sky guide and if it does over-run then what happens with regards to the recording?

Is it worth setting the program scheduled directly after RAW to record in case of over-run?

With WWE PPV's on Sky Box Office HD is it possible to Sky+ it but also have it record directly to another source at the same time, and still be able to watch it off the Sky+ later on? Or would I need to Sky+ it, watch it back first and then record it on my DVD Recorder? Is there a limit on how many times I can watch the HD WWE PPV's on Sky Box Office HD?

Any other bits of information or tips about WWE and Sky+?

• Paid Members
We've finally dragged ourselves into modernity by getting a Sky+ HD box with SkyHD subscription and I'd like to pick the brains of the people who record WWE programming with Sky+ :

How often does RAW run past its scheduled end time on the Sky guide and if it does over-run then what happens with regards to the recording?

Is it worth setting the program scheduled directly after RAW to record in case of over-run?

With WWE PPV's on Sky Box Office HD is it possible to Sky+ it but also have it record directly to another source at the same time, and still be able to watch it off the Sky+ later on? Or would I need to Sky+ it, watch it back first and then record it on my DVD Recorder? Is there a limit on how many times I can watch the HD WWE PPV's on Sky Box Office HD?

Any other bits of information or tips about WWE and Sky+?

If you set a programme to record, Sky+ records it. You don't need to worry about over-runs.

Pretty sure you can record directly from Box Office if you've got your DVD recorder hooked up, just like any other show.

I'm not sure if Sky Box Office shows repeats in HD. I don't have HD, so not sure what the score is there.

Strangely enough I mainly have a problem with it over-running and cutting the end off when it's a 3-hour Raw and I have started to tape the programme after for those where possible. Sometimes though it's the "coming up on Sky Sports" or whatever afterwards and you can't tape that. Also you can set your Sky+ to record so many minutes after any show so that comes in handy, not sure what ours is set to but not had a problem with it it cutting the end off for a while.

you can set the post record of show to 10 mins after I think, I do as I was missing the end of some BBC2 shows, I have never had a problem with Raw by doing this

HD is only for live events, not repeated box ofice events, you can record the live show and watch them back in HD but I dunno about using any other equipment too, I think box office events disappear after a month

How often does RAW run past its scheduled end time on the Sky guide and if it does over-run then what happens with regards to the recording? Is it worth setting the program scheduled directly after RAW to record in case of over-run?

Hi mate, I presume you're referring to the live showing of Raw on Tuesday mornings. The answer to that is occasionally. Sometimes the overrun is around 10 mins. You don't need to tape the next programme, you can just add 10 mins on to the recording time. To do this, go to:

Press SERVICES button > 5 Sky + Setup > Add to End of Recording > Change option from 'Automatic' to '10 minutes' > press OK.

With WWE PPV's on Sky Box Office HD is it possible to Sky+ it but also have it record directly to another source at the same time, and still be able to watch it off the Sky+ later on?

Yes, just leave it playing whilst you're recording that channel.

Or would I need to Sky+ it, watch it back first and then record it on my DVD Recorder?

You could do that as well.

Is there a limit on how many times I can watch the HD WWE PPV's on Sky Box Office HD?

Not as far as I'm aware.

Is there a limit on how many times I can watch the HD WWE PPV's on Sky Box Office HD?

Not as far as I'm aware.

Only the live broadcast is in HD, the repeats are not so you need to record it and there is a 7 day limit after which it expires. I don't think you can make copies of box office stuff though.

• Paid Members

Not as far as I'm aware.

Only the live broadcast is in HD, the repeats are not so you need to record it and there is a 7 day limit after which it expires. I don't think you can make copies of box office stuff though.

But you can watch multiple times in that 7 days?

• Paid Members

Not as far as I'm aware.

But you can watch multiple times in that 7 days?

Yeah if you have recorded something you can watch it as many times as you like until it automatically deletes itself when it expires. Also, if you've purchased it, the repeats play on a loop on the Sky Box Office channel for that whole period anyway.

Archived