IPW: Battle Royale 2012, March 31st, Swanley

Andy

mar31coverimage.jpg

TICKETS ON SALE NOW FROM: www.ipwuk.com/swanley

IPW:UK, Pro Wrestling At It's Best, is back in Swanley, Kent, on March 31st for the return of the Battle Royale! 30 men will enter and one will remain, in an over the top rope elimination rumble main event!

Former winners of the Battle Royale itself include former IPW:UK Champions Andy Boy Simmonz, Aviv Maayan and former All-England champion The Zebra Kid!

The winner of the match itself gets any match of his choosing, on any show, with any stipulation and if required, for any title belt! But that's not all! Any IPW:UK Champion, be it singles or tag team, who enter the match are on the line - because the wrestler who throws them over the top rope and eliminates them, will be facing them at the next Swanley show later in the year - Royale Rewards!

Expect to see surprises along the way, as well as a few returning familiar faces, as we see who can last through The Battle Royale!

samuelsstone.png

Our second announced match for Battle Royale is a monstrous re-match, as IPW:UK Undisputed British Champion Sha Samuels takes on one of his former best friends, and former 2x champion himself - 'The Guvnor' Martin Stone.

Stone, who has had some of the most iconic and memorable matches in IPW:UK history, is coming off of a huge return bout against former WWE star Finlay last time out in Sittingbourne. Now that the ring-rust is coming off, Stone's request for a rematch against Samuels has been granted - and the title is on the line!

haskinsallmark.jpg

With Marty Scurll facing off against Sami Callahan on April 28th in the final of the Cruiserweight Title tournament, the winner will be needing more challengers to defend their title gold against, and on March 31st at Battle Royale, two men who would be very high on the ladder for the first shot go one-on-one, as TNA star 'The Star Attraction' Mark Haskins faces off against the experienced 'Xtreme' Dean Allmark!

Allmark burst into IPW:UK in 2011 and showed that his circuit experience (some years wrestling more matches than there are are calendar days) and athletic ability mean that he is more than a capable match for any opponent.

Mark Haskins has been a champion in IPW:UK before - capturing gold in the tag team division as one half of The Thrillers, as well as becoming the first IPW:UK Cruiserweight champion, all within a three month period back in 2008. But the wheels fell off the bus, Haskins lost his gold and The Thriller's disbanded. Since then, Haskins has enjoyed successful tours of Japan with DragonGate and had multiple televised matches for TNA Wrestling in America. He truly now is coming into his own and showing everyone why he is "The Star Attraction"!

Unknown to some, though, is that Allmark too has wrestled for TNA! Back in 2004, 'Xtreme' Dean competed in a singles match against former WWE star Essa Rios, and picked up a tag team victory alongside James Mason over Team Mexico stars Heavy Metal and Abismo Negro. All that matters for now though, is that Allmark picks up his second IPW:UK singles victory against Haskins on March 31st!

Therefore the current card:

The Battle Royale - 30 Man Rumble

- featuring: Sha Samuels, Martin Stone, Mark Haskins, Dean Allmark, Marty Scurll, Zack Sabre Jr, Dave Mastiff & 23 other wrestlers!

IPW:UK Undisputed British Heavyweight Championship

- Sha Samuels © vs. 'The Guvnor' Martin Stone

Cruiserweight Singles Match

- 'The Star Attraction' Mark Haskins vs. 'Xtreme' Dean Allmark

PLUS: Dave Mastiff, The Leaders of the New School and so so much more!

-- IPW:UK presents 'Battle Royale 2012', Saturday March 31st 2012 at the White Oak Leisure Centre, Swanley, Kent, England. Doors 6:00pm, show starts 6.45pm. Tickets

• Replies 42
  • Created
  • Last Reply

419270_344407592263703_177704545600676_855504_534360058_n.jpg

TICKETS ON SALE NOW FROM: http://www.ipwuk.com/swanley

The Battle Royale is back in IPW:UK and the first 10 names have been announced! The winner gets an open choice - any match they want, with any stipulation, on any card, and if they want it - for any title!

SHA SAMUELS: The IPW:UK Undisputed British Champion who defends his title earlier in the night. Should he retain, wrestlers will be gunning for him as whoever eliminates the champion faces them at Royale Rewards later in the year!

MARTIN STONE: Stone challenges Samuels for the title earlier in the night, as well!

MARTY SCURLL: One half of the Leaders of the New School, a co-tag team champion and faces Sami Callihan on April 28th at The Troxy to try and also become the Cruiserweight champion!

ZACK SABRE JR: The other half of the Leaders - whoever eliminates Scurll and Sabre will team up to face them for the tag gold at Royale Rewards!

MARK HASKINS: Former Thriller and current TNA superstar, Haskins' bad attitude is back.

DEAN ALLMARK: 'Xtreme' Dean will be taking part in his first ever IPW:UK Battle Royale, but has more experience than maybe any other in elimination rumbles.

THE LION KID: Back to take over the UK in 2012, The Lion will surely want a second shot at IPW:UK Undisputed gold should he come out on top at Battle Royale!

DAVE MASTIFF: Another former champion and a heavy beast of a man, 'The Human Hate Machine' has to come in as one of the favourites for victory.

TERRY FRAZIER: The one and only British National Championship Tournament winner and former All-England champion!

ANDY BOY SIMMONZ: Making his IPW:UK return, it's the Hated Hero and Iron Lion, the former IPW:UK Champion Andy Boy Simmonz!!!

That's not all! There's still another 20 competitors to be announced, including 5 surprise entrants to be revealed on the night! Who do YOU want to see in The Battle Royale?!?

• Paid Members

Great to see simmonz back!

I know he was taking a break from wrestling, and aparently something went down with him/FWA hence why we may not have seen him in some time, but hoping its a win from Mr Simmonz and a future IPW UK title match!

• Paid Members
There's still another 20 competitors to be announced, including 5 surprise entrants to be revealed on the night! Who do YOU want to see in The Battle Royale?!?

Doesn't look like I'll be able to make this show now, which is a shame since 'Battle Royale' was always my favourite IPW:UK show of the year.

However, when we we talking about this show the other week after it had just been announced, and bearing in mind the Swanley shows over the last couple of years have always been a bit "different" to the Sittingbourne events (such as featuring more IPW:UK trainees, older IPW:UK wrestlers, etc) we really built it up in our heads as being a kind of tongue-in-cheek 'Orpington Reunion' show, which would feature entrants such as:

JC Thunder

CJ Rednuht

Battalion

Flaming Red

Kris Linnell

Ashley Reed (who I thought was already confirmed, actually, but doesn't appear in the list above)

Paul Robinson

Smokey and/or The Bandit (that lanky guy)

Rus The Security Guy

Blok Busta

eXodus

Voodoo

Baron Von Bhodkah

Darryl Allen

Cieran Morrison

Ashe

Curve

JD Sinn

The Tango Man

I'll probably think of more later. Everyone loves a good rumble, especially when it's filled with completely random people and trainees with nutty gimmicks.

• Paid Members
There's still another 20 competitors to be announced, including 5 surprise entrants to be revealed on the night! Who do YOU want to see in The Battle Royale?!?

Doesn't look like I'll be able to make this show now, which is a shame since 'Battle Royale' was always my favourite IPW:UK show of the year.

However, when we we talking about this show the other week after it had just been announced, and bearing in mind the Swanley shows over the last couple of years have always been a bit "different" to the Sittingbourne events (such as featuring more IPW:UK trainees, older IPW:UK wrestlers, etc) we really built it up in our heads as being a kind of tongue-in-cheek 'Orpington Reunion' show, which would feature entrants such as:

JC Thunder

CJ Rednuht

Battalion

Flaming Red

Kris Linnell

Ashley Reed (who I thought was already confirmed, actually, but doesn't appear in the list above)

Paul Robinson

Rus The Security Guy

Blok Busta

eXodus

Voodoo

Baron Von Bhodkah

Darryl Allen

Cieran Morrison

Ashe

Curve

JD Sinn

The Tango Man

I'll probably think of more later. Everyone loves a good rumble, especially when it's filled with completely random people and trainees with nutty gimmicks.

Not sure I remember those names coming up! You'd also have to have Paul Robinson, Nikko Brixton, Jack Storm, Tony Sefton and Jake.

• Paid Members

JC Thunder

CJ Rednuht

Battalion

Flaming Red

Kris Linnell

Paul Robinson

Rus The Security Guy

Blok Busta

eXodus

Voodoo

Baron Von Bhodkah

Darryl Allen

Cieran Morrison

Ashe

Curve

JD Sinn

The Tango Man

Not sure I remember those names coming up! You'd also have to have Paul Robinson, Nikko Brixton, Jack Storm, Tony Sefton and Jake.

Brixton is a must by those rules. Forgot Tony "I'm a damn superstar, baby!!" Sefton. As for Jake, I would have them announce a mystery US import.... and have it be Jake. Boy, that guy was so, so shit.

Rumble also needs to include:

LT Summers

Aviv Mayaan

"The Human Power Machine" Stud.

Billy Bhati

James Tighe. Seeing as though ANDY SIMMONZ! is already announced, they could have them reprise that deal where the pair came out in motorcycle helmets and American football padding in Bromley and were laughed out of the building.

That really, really shit clueless goon that got battered by Martin Stone on an Orpington afternoon show. You know, the one that Stone then told to "Go get some more training".

Orpington Old Guy #2, as in the random guy that wandered into the hall showing his bus pass. Seem to remember he had a mean left hook on him.

• Paid Members
That really, really shit clueless goon that got battered by Martin Stone on an Orpington afternoon show. You know, the one that Stone then told to "Go get some more training".

Peter Nixon I believe...

• Paid Members
I hated Tommy DeMoray with a passion - what a twat that guy always seemed to be.

Yeah, that was Peter Nixon.

Who were those two random yanks that turned up one (or two) times? One seemed to have a cowboy gimmick, and the other was sort of flamboyant.

The cowboy guy was Blackjack Phoenix, who I maintain is the best import that IPW:UK have ever used.

Was his mate Payday Paterson, or was that another completely random IPW:UK US guest?

EDIT: It was Lance Malibu. Payday Paterson was, in fact, another completely random IPW:UK US guest.

Another one for the rumble 'must have' list, that I can't believe I forgot:

- 'Bone Idle' Ian Logan/Geoff Garrett

You guys are awesome, i must say that.

JD Sinn now wrestles regularly around the country as James Dahmer and has turned out excellently, as has Dazzlin' Darrell, who tags with RJ Singh as the Bhangra Knights around the shop too. Payday Patterson did a lot of stuff for us in and around the south coast in his time over here, Blackjack Pheonix and Lance Malibu came over and featured on one of our Anniversary Weekenders. I'm sure he won't mind me saying, but "Bandit" actually just made a in-ring comeback at one of our IPW:UK training sessions literally today, after years away from wrestling.

The Tango Man made his appearance on one of the Swanley shows about 2-3 years ago. Baron Von Hagen i assume UKHG means, made his debut in the 2005 Weekend of Champions Tag Team Tournament and Voodoo, to the best of my knowledge (which IS sometimes sketchy) hasn't ever done a full IPW:UK show as he was one of the creations from the wrestler behind that plethora of characters a little late doors.

The new Swanley shows are going to be a lot more in tune with the Sittingbourne events, but with a little interjection of "Orpington" IPW. Some of the names you've come up with i'd absolutely love to feature as surprises but many of them have moved away from wrestling.

Always nice to chat about the old days. Imagine if Zack/Marty/Haskins and some of the other Sittingbourne IPW stars had been around and as talented as they are right now during the Orpington era!

PS - cancel all other plans and make it down to the show Hatguy!

Archived