Raw Discussion 12th March 2012

tiger_rick

I'd say the reaction on here has been generally disproportionate to the actual performances The Rock has been putting in. I feel a fairer assessment would be that he has been hit and miss and Cena, generally, has outperformed him.

I feel both The Rock and John Cena are both being very repetitive. The Rock with his shit new catchphrases and John Cena with his 'I turn up every week' routine.

I'm still very much on the fence.

• Replies 211
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Paid Members

Don't think I qualify as one of the "UKFF lads" (mostly because I'm not a cunt ;)) but I think The Rock has been really poor in every appearance in 2012 other than the first Boston history segment, which was terrific. Even my 7 year old stuck her fingers in her ears during last weeks raw because his singing was so bad. The "humour" is really pathetic stuff, the delivery is nowhere near classic Rock and the pandering to the crowds and twitter for cheers and trends is desperate and vomit inducing.

He's not been helped by John Cena being several levels above, having better material to hit him with and not having to resort to "you have no testicles" gags. This week, Cena's material was pretty rotten but he carried it far better. He's killing the guy.

If it's all a ploy to make Cena seem like a genuinely massive star, it's fucking genius.

Archived